Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Click on the blue lines for all of the pictures.

Helen Mirren is selling her luxurious $18.5 million eight-bedroom Hollywood mansion boasting a huge swimming pool, wood-paneled library and stunning views of Los Angeles after 30 years of living there

Helen Mirren is selling her luxurious $18.5 million eight-bedroom Hollywood mansion after

Located within six-and-a-half acres of sophisticated landscaping and mature trees and situated at the top of a winding drive, the 10,200 sq ft estate (top left) includes a guest house and a total of eight bedrooms and 11 bathrooms. Built in 1911, the house has beautiful finishes from the era, including large rooms (top right, a dining room and bottom left, a bedroom), French doors opening onto the Hollywood hills, a paneled library (bottom right), hardwood floors and large fireboxes in the fireplaces. A particularly special room is the cozy bar, complete with stylish bar stools and a comfortable sofa and chairs for an intimate evening of lavish entertaining. It's easy to see why Oscar-winning British actress Mirren and her director husband (inset) have stayed put in the sprawling Hollywood home for so long, but they are now offering it for sale or for rent at $45,000 a month.

• Thanks 2
12 minutes ago, Hibi said:

WHY would anyone need 11 bathrooms????

It saves on running if you just chugged a case of beer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

She has other properties: a house in New Orleans,a farmhouse in the south of France,a flat in London.She bought the properties with Taylor Hackford.

Steve McQueen’s $12 Million Malibu Beach House is Up For Sale

steve-mcqueens-malibu-beachhouse-2.jpg

If you’re going to talk “cool,” even today, decades after his untimely death, you have to bring Steve McQueen into the discussion. Lately, McQueen has been popping up more and more as items that once belonged to the actor have been going on sale or have been inspiring new products. In addition to his own sense of style, McQueen also had an impressive real estate portfolio, and one item from that list that is now up for sale is McQueen’s Malibu Beachhouse.

Steve McQueen’s $12 Million Malibu Beach House is Up For Sale | Man of Many

(...I know any car or motorcycle he ever owned will usually go for ten times their normal value when on auction, but I wonder if this house's value might also be heighten a bit too because of its association with him?) 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Who wants to pay that much and have neighbors a few feet away from you? No thanks!

True, but this is how it is along the Malibu colony and where the rich can just walk out their back doors and onto the sands of the beach, ya know.

(...and is pretty much also this way along any beach city in L.A. County)

This one's with you in mind, Dargo...

The Dream is located somewhere south of Ventura Boulevard:

Sonny-Cher-17.jpg

Partly posted here to avoid the watchful gaze of slaytonf, Dargo. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
57 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Who wants to pay that much and have neighbors a few feet away from you? No thanks!

It's pretty much that way in all of So Cal (especially the closer you are to the water) unless you are uber-rich and live in the exclusive estate neighborhoods (like Mirren's estate above).

This is one of my favourites.  Oprah's cozy little cottage in Washington State that she bought in 2018 for $8M.  She only just sold the 43 acre estate for $14M.  

You can skip through the video timeline to get the idea.

• Like 1
Just now, Bogie56 said:

This is one of my favourites.  Oprah's cozy little cottage in Washington State that she bought in 2018 for $8M.  She only just sold the 43 acre estate for $14M.  

You can skip through the video timeline to get the idea.

If I pictured cozy and little, this is not what comes to my mind...

1 hour ago, Dargo said:

True, but this is how it is along the Malibu colony and where the rich can just walk out their back doors and onto the sands of the beach, ya know.

(...and is pretty much also this way along any beach city in L.A. County)

I know, but even if I had the dough, I wouldnt pay for it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NoShear said:

This one's with you in mind, Dargo...

The Dream is located somewhere south of Ventura Boulevard:

Sonny-Cher-17.jpg

Partly posted here to avoid the watchful gaze of slaytonf, Dargo. 

Sonny & Cher with matching customized Mustangs that match their clothes in front of a mid-century modern house.

The house is in Encino and is valued at around $2.2M today.

https://patch.com/california/encino/sonny-and-cher-kept-the-beat-in-encino-in-1966

More info on the cars:

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/lifestyle/article/sonny-and-cher-mustangs

https://www.motortrend.com/features/1805-saga-of-the-sonny-and-cher-mustangs/

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

Re: "Sonny & Cher with matching customized Mustangs that match their clothes in front of a mid-century modern house.

The house is in Encino and is valued at around $2.2M today."

Didn't have to check: I figured it was in Encino above the Boulevard!

3 hours ago, Hibi said:

WHY would anyone need 11 bathrooms????

There are eight bedrooms. Only a savage shares a bathroom with a person with whom they are not intimate.

A kitchen properly needs a half-bath attached so that the cook does not need to traipse through the house while covered with flour, blood or etc..

A house needs a half-bath on each floor so that guests do not need to barge through bedrooms.

It may be that that house should have more. It has been many years since I have read the figures but it sticks in my mind that houses should be designed so that facilities are never more than twenty steps away. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

the obama celebrity home has 11 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms and plenty of white marble countertops.

man would I like a chunk of that.

Well, if you're that into marble, you might prefer Trump's tastefully restrained $100 million "celebrity home":

download-7.jpg.c90b179ad21f927ba2699cf6c37ab7be.jpg

I guess I live a simpler lifestyle than some of these celebs.

Here's where I spend a lot of time reading, among other things.

Outhouse Shed Plans | Jamaica Cottage Shop

• Haha 5
13 minutes ago, TomJH said:

I guess I live a simpler lifestyle than some of these celebs.

Here's where I spend a lot of time reading.

Outhouse Shed Plans | Jamaica Cottage Shop

Well, at least YOU have a library, Tom! Betcha few around HERE can say that.

(...although I can't imagine it holdin' all that many books...kind'a small, ain't it?!)

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Well, at least YOU have a library, Tom! Betcha few around HERE can say that.

(...although I can't imagine it holdin' all that many books...kind'a small, ain't it?!)

There's enough room for one magazine and me. And sometimes if I forget the toilet paper, believe me, that magazine has come in pretty handy.

• Haha 1

Here we go.  Click on this to see all of the photos ....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9849087/Oprah-Winfrey-sells-Orcas-Island-estate-14-million-3-years-shes-busy-use-it.html

Oprah Winfrey sells her rustic Washington 43-acre estate for $14 million after just three years because she's 'too busy to use it'... making a $6 million profit on the waterfront property with sauna, library, Asian garden and private beach

• Media queen Oprah Winfrey dropped $8.275 million on the 43-acre waterfront estate in 2018
  • The rustic-meets-modern mansion was built with all-natural wood walls and flooring, has three stories complete with four bedrooms, three bathrooms and a slew of luxurious amenities
  • The sprawling property includes a custom sauna, workshop, tea room, craft room and a hut underground 
  • Orcas Island is popular for its biking trails and a top place for hiking, kayaking, golfing as well as camping
  • The island is nested between the hot spot cities of Seattle and Vancouver in San Juan County, Washington

By ANDREW BULLOCK FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 05:17 EDT, 1 August 2021 | UPDATED: 11:18 EDT, 1 August 2021

46150075-9849087-image-a-47_162780917051

46150103-9849087-image-a-48_162780918107