Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

17 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Click on the headline for some great shots of this home.

Al Capone's Miami Beach home - where gangster planned the St. Valentine's Day Massacre and died in 1947 - is to be demolished after new owners bought it for $10.75M

Al Capone's Miami Beach home to be demolished after new owners bought it for $10.75M

The South Florida home, where Capone lived for nearly 20 years, was purchased by a pair of developers this summer, however they don't plan on renovating it. One of the property's new owners, Todd Glaser, told the Herald that the nine-bedroom home sits at three feet below sea level, which has led to extensive flood damage to the property. 'We're going to get this knocked down,' he said of Capone's home, which currently has standing water underneath it. 'The house is a piece of crap,' Glaser added. 'It's a disgrace to Miami Beach.' Glaser purchased the home with his business partner, Nelson Gonzalez, who is a senior vice president of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices.

And reportedly, when they got the deed to the place, the new owners were heard to exclaim..."Say hello to my little friend...the wrecking ball!" 

I would be happy to call any of these home.  

Click on the headline for some great shots.

The world's best superyachts of 2021 revealed - including a British-built floating 'work of art' and boats featuring a tai chi studio and a glass-backed infinity pool

The world's best superyachts of 2021 revealed - including a British-built floating 'work

The world's most luxurious superyachts have been named at a prestigious awards ceremony in Monaco. Fourteen trophies were handed out to 12 stunning vessels at Boat International's World Superyacht Awards , with the British-built 33.9m (111ft) Geist (top left and top right) taking home the coveted award for Sailing Yacht of the Year and the 80m (262ft) Artefact (inset) - with its tai chi room, spa and 'cosmic dining table' - being crowned Motor Yacht of the Year.

4 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

I would be happy to call any of these home.  

Click on the headline for some great shots.

The world's best superyachts of 2021 revealed - including a British-built floating 'work of art' and boats featuring a tai chi studio and a glass-backed infinity pool

The world's best superyachts of 2021 revealed - including a British-built floating 'work

The world's most luxurious superyachts have been named at a prestigious awards ceremony in Monaco. Fourteen trophies were handed out to 12 stunning vessels at Boat International's World Superyacht Awards , with the British-built 33.9m (111ft) Geist (top left and top right) taking home the coveted award for Sailing Yacht of the Year and the 80m (262ft) Artefact (inset) - with its tai chi room, spa and 'cosmic dining table' - being crowned Motor Yacht of the Year.

I dunno...I'm already worried about a leaky roof. Now I gotta worry about a leaking floor?

Click on the headline for more photos.

Inside the luxury nuclear bunker stretching 15 floors below ground in Kansas designed to protect the mega-rich from a potential apocalypse

Inside the luxury nuclear bunker stretching 15 floors below ground in Kansas

The 'Survival Condo' is a luxury nuclear bunker designed to protect the mega-rich from a potential apocalypse. While some of the units have already been sold to members of the 1% hoping for a getaway plan should doomsday happen, there are still units in all three types of floor plans available, with prices starting at $1.5 million and going up to $4.5 million for a full-floor unit. The structure is 200 feet underground, in a secret location in the middle of Kansas - about 200 miles from Kansas City.

'Bearbnb' inspired by the Winnie the Pooh house available for an enchanting woodland stay (but strictly no heffalumps)

Enchanting woodland 'Bearbnb' inspired by the Winnie the Pooh house now available on

Fancy spending the night in a 'Bearbnb' inspired by the Winnie the Pooh house? The English abode is available on Airbnb and was designed by Disney-appointed Winnie the Pooh illustrator Kim Raymond, who has been drawing the beloved bear for over 30 years. The charming den has tree trunks framing the doorway and, inside, the shelves are piled high with 'hunny' pots. A few house rules apply - number one, strictly no heffalumps are allowed inside.

On 9/12/2021 at 11:11 AM, Bogie56 said:

Inside the luxury nuclear bunker stretching 15 floors below ground in Kansas designed to protect the mega-rich from a potential apocalypse

Inside the luxury nuclear bunker stretching 15 floors below ground in Kansas

The 'Survival Condo' is a luxury nuclear bunker designed to protect the mega-rich from a potential apocalypse. While some of the units have already been sold to members of the 1% hoping for a getaway plan should doomsday happen, there are still units in all three types of floor plans available, with prices starting at $1.5 million and going up to $4.5 million for a full-floor unit. The structure is 200 feet underground, in a secret location in the middle of Kansas - about 200 miles from Kansas City.

Looks like when George C. Scott said, "Mr. President, we must not allow a mine shaft gap!", someone took it very very seriously here.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Dargo said:

Looks like when George C. Scott said, "Mr. President, we must allow a mine shaft gap!", someone took it very very seriously here.

Of course there will be certain sacrifices such as men having to abandon monogamous relationships.

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Of course there will be certain sacrifices such as men having to abandon monogamous relationships.

LOL

Yep, Bogie! Every time I hear that line from Kubrick's film AND the one about there then being ten women down in those mine shafts for every one man, I always think of the opening lyrics in that Jan & Dean song 'Surf City' about there being "two girls for every boy", and THEN think about how even BETTER the demographics would skew in a post-nuclear holocaust world for us men than apparently how it was in Huntington Beach California circa the 1960s!  ;)

(...in admittedly a purely unenlightened sexist manner, of course!)  LOL

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Re: "LOL

Yep, Bogie! Every time I hear that line from Kubrick's film AND the one about there then being ten women down in those mine shafts for every one man, I always think of the opening lyrics in that Jan & Dean song 'Surf City' about there being "two girls for every boy", and THEN think about how even BETTER the demographics would skew in a post-nuclear holocaust world for us men than apparently how it was in Huntington Beach California circa the 1960s!  ;)

(...in admittedly a purely unenlightened sexist manner, of course!)  LOL"

Just some free-thinking here, Dargo: I thought of the surf locals at San Onofre, leaving the TCMessage Boards' resident humorist to riff off of if of the mind...

1 minute ago, NoShear said:

Re: "Just some free-thinking here, Dargo: I thought of the surf locals at San Onofre, leaving the TCMessage Boards' resident humorist to riff off of if of the mind..."

Well, it was either that or some Hawthorne High/Mattel Toys drop for us.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, NoShear said:

Just some free-thinking here, Dargo: I thought of the surf locals at San Onofre, leaving the TCMessage Boards' resident humorist to riff off of if of the mind...

Yep NS, I understand some of the best surfing can ALSO be done near the now deactivated "Dolly Parton by the Sea" here ;) ...

OIP.cpEVWIYvDkN7SljtIYvGzgHaE8?pid=ImgDe

• Haha 2
14 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Re: "Yep NS, I understand some of the best surfing can ALSO be done near the now deactivated "Dolly Parton by the Sea" here ;) ..."

Careful, Dargo: I think you're nearing the red on the sexism dosimeter!

81cuaUAoN6L._AC_UY545_QL65_.jpg

• Haha 1
On 9/4/2021 at 4:07 PM, Bogie56 said:

One of the property's new owners, Todd Glaser, told the Herald that the nine-bedroom home sits at three feet below sea level, which has led to extensive flood damage to the property. 'We're going to get this knocked down,' he said of Capone's home, which currently has standing water underneath it. 'The house is a piece of crap,'

Nice talk from a so-called professional. I've had to restore & conserve several old homes & building structures. Really, there isn't anything you can't fix or rebuild. If I were hired as consultant, I would have advised raising the house (not razing) and rebuilding the foundation to preserve it for the future. If not too ornate or specialized, it's easier & more cost effective to simply replicate the building structure.

This is just lazy thinking & why most houses built today have all the ambiance of a hotel room: white/beige walls, square rooms & non descriptive furnishings. Oh, and so you don't forget where you are or what you're supposed to do - posted instructions:

original_IMG_2924.jpg

image_44d7e149-dde8-4878-9351-c090a2c8bf

Full House star Lori Loughlin and her fashion designer husband Mossimo drop $13MILLION on gated Palm Desert vacation home following their release from prison after college admissions scandal 

Lori Loughlin and fashion designer husband drop $13M on Palm Desert vacation home

Loughlin, who was released from prison in December, with her husband following in April, appear to be celebrating their newfound freedom with the purchase of their vacation getaway in the La Quinta community. The five-bedroom, 5.5 bathroom home, situated in the guard-gated exclusive Madison Club, comes lavished with several amenities, including a wine cellar, movie theater, two pools, two spas, a wet bar and an outdoor projector-theater.

On 9/15/2021 at 5:57 AM, TikiSoo said:

Nice talk from a so-called professional. I've had to restore & conserve several old homes & building structures. Really, there isn't anything you can't fix or rebuild. If I were hired as consultant, I would have advised raising the house (not razing) and rebuilding the foundation to preserve it for the future. If not too ornate or specialized, it's easier & more cost effective to simply replicate the building structure.

This is just lazy thinking & why most houses built today have all the ambiance of a hotel room: white/beige walls, square rooms & non descriptive furnishings. Oh, and so you don't forget where you are or what you're supposed to do - posted instructions:

original_IMG_2924.jpg

image_44d7e149-dde8-4878-9351-c090a2c8bf

Ooohhhh!!!  I hate todays houses.  Especially subdivisions, (no offense to anyone who lives in one.  This is just my opinion).  They are just so boring!  My grandparents house was beautiful.  Very victorian-esque.  (Sp?)  When they died, my aunt sold it to a couple who claimed they were going to keep it in the same condition.  Of course, they immediately modernized everything.  Carpet ripped out, beige walls, the dining room is now where the living room was, etc.  It's so tacky now.  *cries*

Click on the headline for more photos.  Unreal!

How Tom Ford's fashion journalist husband helped build $122M property empire - including the 'coolest house in the world' in Santa Fe - before his death aged 72

Tom Ford and Richard Buckley amassed a property empire worth $122M with pads in London and

Tom Ford and his late husband Richard Buckley (inset) shared a property empire worth $122million, having bought and sold several properties over the course of their 35-year relationship. The couple most recently lived in an estate in Los Angeles' Holmby Hills (bottom left) neighborhood after they purchased the property - which once belonged to late socialite Betsy Bloomingdale - for $38.75million in 2016. Buckley passed away in the Los Angeles home on Sunday from natural causes after battling prolonged illness. In addition to their current home, they had prime real estate in two of the world's fashion capitals - New York City (top right) and London (bottom right), as well as in Ford's hometown of Santa Fe (top left

Stay and enjoy a nice chianti! 'Silence of the Lambs' home where Buffalo Bill tortured his victims is now a vacation rental

'Silence of the Lambs' home where Buffalo Bill tortured his victims is now a vacation

The newly renovated Queen Anne Victorian located in Perryopolis, Pennsylvania, is now a vacation rental 30 years after it was featured in the 1991 thriller. Named 'Buffalo Bill's House' after the fictional serial killer played by Ted Levine, the three-story, four-bedroom home officially opened on Labor Day weekend. Chris Rowan, a film art director and prop stylist from New York City, purchased the 2,400-square-foot home for $290,000 after it hit the market last October. The horror movie lover restored and upgraded the house while adding artwork, memorabilia, and creepy props that pay homage to Silence of the Lambs. The dungeon pit where Buffalo Bill starved his 

On 9/24/2021 at 5:06 AM, Bogie56 said:

The newly renovated Queen Anne Victorian located in Perryopolis, Pennsylvania, is now a vacation rental 30 years after it was featured in the 1991 thriller.

There is a lot of "hokum" in that ad, if it was a sales listing.

The house is not a "Queen Anne Victorian", it's only decorated in QAV style. I imagine it was decorated that style in attempt to look "creepy". 

"All original woodwork". Sure, but 99% is painted wood with faux woodgrain painted on. If I was buying that home, I'd be disappointed.

Frank Sinatra's former home in Chatsworth Hills, LA where JFK and Marilyn Monroe are said to have played out their affair goes on sale for $21.5million

Frank Sinatra's former home in Chatsworth Hills goes on sale for $21.5million

Frank Sinatra's former home where JFK and Marilyn Monroe are said to have played out their affair is on sale for $21.5million. The Los Angeles mansion has also featured in the hit show Mad Men and been glimpsed in music videos for artists including Mariah Carey, Usher and Rihanna. Nestled in the Chatsworth Hills area, the property was the rented home of the jazz singer and actor (inset) for a decade. During his time there, Ol' Blue Eyes hosted legendary parties attended by the crème de la crème of Hollywood. Today, the luxurious home is known as Byrdview and has undergone a huge remodel since Sinatra's 1960s heyday. The property is perched on a hilltop with 360-degree views over LA, the mountains and the surrounding 3,000 acres of nature preserve. The location offers great privacy as it cannot be seen from the road. Set over 4.3 acres, the home has floor-to-ceiling windows, flooding the rooms with natural light. Deluxe finishes include a home bar, gym and a large chef's kitchen. The house is also kitted out with top-of-the-line appliances and a handful of fireplaces.

Click on the headline for more photos.  Built on part of what was the Errol Flynn estate.

Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel list sprawling nine-bedroom mansion on 10-acre compound in the Hollywood hills for $35M... after he purchased the palatial pad for $8million in 2002

Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel list sprawling mansion in the Hollywood hills for $35M

They're saying bye, bye, bye to a major piece of real estate. Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel listed their massive mansion in the Hollywood Hills for a staggering $35million price tag, according to property reports. The 40-year-old musician purchased the 10-acre compound in 2002 for $8million during the peak of his boy band career with NSYNC before finding success once again as a solo act.

'We ain't afraid of no ghost!': Maryland couple discover they unwittingly bought the house behind The Exorcist story - and realize that's why it was SO cheap at $380k

Maryland couple bought the house which inspired the Exorcist story

Danielle Witt and Ben Rockey-Harris said they were looking to settle down in 2020 when they stumbled across a three-bedroom house in Cottage City, Maryland, which they said was going for cheap as previous buyers bailed out. They said they saw it as their lucky break and closed on the home, only for them to learn of the home's haunted history through an online search. The house was the site of the 1949 exorcism that inspired the hit film The Exorcist.