Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm sorry but I just NEED to talk about DARK SHADOWS

3 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Dark Shadows Before I Die: Dark Shadows Episode 912 12/24/69And I could have watched these two interact all day.

Alexander I could tolerate much more than Michael.

Michael was really a terror, especially to poor Maggie and Philip Todd, one of Michael's 'guardians.'

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

Alexander I could tolerate much more than Michael.

Michael was really a terror, especially to poor Maggie and Philip Todd, one of Michael's 'guardians.'

one unexpected plus of the whole LEVIATHAN STORYLINE has been- if this makes sense- that many of the episodes have been character driven as opposed to plot driven- the latter of which is primarily how DARK SHADOWS operated 99.9% of the time to its credit and its fault, but THIS STORYLINE has opened up some interesting 1970 real-time drama AND CONFLICT between BARNABAS AND JULIA and ELIZABETH AND CAROLYN AND CAROLYN'S FATHER as well as the age old BARNABAS VS. BARNABAS struggle.

• Like 2

Although I always wondered how many folks in Collinsport needed an antique shop, considering their homes were probably filled with them.

And it didn't seem like much of a tourist spot, save for the occasional visit by long lost relatives. 

• Haha 2

Also the other day, BARNABAS in 1970 real time (and under control of THE LEVIATHANS) WAS DRIVING HIS CAR WHICH  struck down Quentin Collins in front of a Collinsport antique store

WHICH JUST BEGS THE QUESTION: What kind of car does Barnabas Collins drive?

I discount this as a too-obvious choice:

See the source image

• Haha 2
25 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

an AMC AMBASSADOR STATION WAGON would come in handy too...

See the source image

Oh Station Wagons ... Station Wagons ; where are they now?

So sleek and pretty (even this one) ; much more so than the Leviathan sport utility vehicle.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Also the other day, BARNABAS in 1970 real time (and under control of THE LEVIATHANS) WAS DRIVING HIS CAR WHICH  struck down Quentin Collins in front of a Collinsport antique store

WHICH JUST BEGS THE QUESTION: What kind of car does Barnabas Collins drive?

I discount this as a too-obvious choice:

See the source image

How do vampires apply for driver's licenses??? :D

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, laffite said:

Oh Station Wagons ... Station Wagons ; where are they now?

So sleek and pretty (even this one) ; much more so than the Leviathan sport utility vehicle.

Great size for coffins and such.......

• Thanks 1
On 9/14/2021 at 6:08 AM, Janet0312 said:

Joan Bennett had a difficult time keeping up with the pace of the show and also had a hard time reading the teleprompter without her glasses. I love her scenes when Barnabas first introduces himself. She is the regal mistress of Collinwood, totally in charge, which nobody can challenge. Her banter with Selby in the 1895 segment is marvelous. I think those two played off each other wonderfully.

I'd forgotten Joan was very near sighted.  The teleprompter would be useless for her.

• Like 1

apologies if this offends, but something about the LEVIATHAN storyline that I am surprisingly amused by has been the three characters of MEGAN and her HUSBAND as well as "actress" OLIVIA COREY, who is the reincarnation of AMANDA from 1897- although the character in that storyline had, i felt, next to NO POINT AT ALL.

MEGAN is portrayed by MARIE WALLACE with a misplaced INTENSITY that I just cannot help but chuckle at- it's my understanding from watching some interviews that MARIE WALLACE has been very kind and supportive of the fans of the show, so I'll let her be...(ALSO, THIS WIG IS EVERYTHING)

See the source image

her husband is played by CHRIS BERNAU and- again, apologies- but WOW, HE IS GAY. Like the guy couldn't fool HELEN KELLER. Gay gay. Gay gay gay gay gay...[I imdb'd him and saw his tragic fate, so I'll also let him be]...AND AGAIN, he's not a bad actor, just SO OBVIOUSLY GAY he makes LOUIS EDMUNDS look BUTCH (no small feat at that)

See the source image

but DONNA MCKECHIE (and I apologize if i spell her name wrong) is just so spectacularly bad as OLIVIA/AMANDA (and she later shows up in 1840 as another character) that honestly, I'm amused. I saw her in a scene with DAVID SELBY yesterday where FOR THE ENTIRE EXCHANGE she is looking OFFSTAGE TO THE RIGHT and you CAN SEE HER EYEBALLS MOVE AS SHE READS OFF THE DAMN TELEPROMPTER, (very badly I might add- it reminded me of the "brain fever/brake fluid" misread at the end of SOAPDISH. )

olivia%2Bcorey%2B12.26.12.png&ehk=GKzlxa

• Haha 1

There are many DS fans who cannot stand Olivia/Amanda - that Quentin went gah gah for her and ditched Beth. 

And Marie Wallace is a very gracious, wonderful lady. Very down to earth, will talk to anyone. 

• Like 4
33 minutes ago, Janet0312 said:

And Marie Wallace is a very gracious, wonderful lady. Very down to earth, will talk to anyone. 

quite a few fans have mentioned what an awesome person she is in real life...and while she is "odd" as Megan, it's an odd character and an odd story and she is oddly fascinating (also, i admit i cheated and skipped ahead and know about MEGAN and PHILLIP's fates!)

1 hour ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

apologies if this offends, but something about the LEVIATHAN storyline that I am surprisingly amused by has been the three characters of MEGAN and her HUSBAND as well as "actress" OLIVIA COREY, who is the reincarnation of AMANDA from 1897- although the character in that storyline had, i felt, next to NO POINT AT ALL.

MEGAN is portrayed by MARIE WALLACE with a misplaced INTENSITY that I just cannot help but chuckle at- it's my understanding from watching some interviews that MARIE WALLACE has been very kind and supportive of the fans of the show, so I'll let her be...(ALSO, THIS WIG IS EVERYTHING)

See the source image

her husband is played by CHRIS BERNAU and- again, apologies- but WOW, HE IS GAY. Like the guy couldn't fool HELEN KELLER. Gay gay. Gay gay gay gay gay...[I imdb'd him and saw his tragic fate, so I'll also let him be]...AND AGAIN, he's not a bad actor, just SO OBVIOUSLY GAY he makes LOUIS EDMUNDS look BUTCH (no small feat at that)

See the source image

but DONNA MCKECHIE (and I apologize if i spell her name wrong) is just so spectacularly bad as OLIVIA/AMANDA (and she later shows up in 1840 as another character) that honestly, I'm amused. I saw her in a scene with DAVID SELBY yesterday where FOR THE ENTIRE EXCHANGE she is looking OFFSTAGE TO THE RIGHT and you CAN SEE HER EYEBALLS MOVE AS SHE READS OFF THE DAMN TELEPROMPTER, (very badly I might add- it reminded me of the "brain fever/brake fluid" misread at the end of SOAPDISH. )

olivia%2Bcorey%2B12.26.12.png&ehk=GKzlxa

I didn't realize Donna was ever on the show.

1 hour ago, Janet0312 said:

There are many DS fans who cannot stand Olivia/Amanda - that Quentin went gah gah for her and ditched Beth. 

I'm one of those that disliked the Quentin/Amanda pairing. I liked her better when she and Tim Shaw were scheming against the odious Gregory Trask.

The writers would have done well to have done more with the potential Quentin/Beth/Angelique triangle with a bit of the possessed-by-Pansy Faye Charity Trask thrown in there.

And from the interviews I've seen, yes Marie Wallace does come off as a warm, friendly lady.

• Like 2