Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm sorry but I just NEED to talk about DARK SHADOWS

12 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Poor Donna! Unfairly maligned.

Well, to be fair, I didn't think she was particularly good as Olivia Corey [the actress who is reincarnated in 1970 during the Leviathon story], but compared to the chick who played JOANNA IN 1840, she is A VERITABLE  STREEP.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

daaaaaaaaaaaaamn though, i just went to amazon.com to look up some books in re: the making of the show (especially BARNABAS AND COMPANY) and DAMN they are ALL SO EXPENSIVE- most start at $30 (second hand!) and go up from there.

I know. Not cheap! :(

I have nothing against Donna personally.

As I said she was much better paired with Timothy Shaw as a couple of schemers than as Quentin's newest 'true love'.

I really don't believe it was necessary to bring her back as Olivia Corey.....I would it have it written she found someone else since Quentin rejected her and let her live her unnatural life span with someone else.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Just curious, what cast members were in the final episode?

A link to the final episode cast list (and a synopsis) 

https://darkshadows.fandom.com/wiki/1245

every single major actor appeared with the exception of Davids Henesy and Selby ( the latter only because he had appendicitis.)

jonathan Frid, Joan Bennett, Grayson hall, Louis Edmonds, John Karlen, and Nancy Barrett are all in it. I don’t think Kate Jackson was, or Theyer David,

1 hour ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

A link to the final episode cast list (and a synopsis) 

https://darkshadows.fandom.com/wiki/1245

every single major actor appeared with the exception of Davids Henesy and Selby ( the latter only because he had appendicitis.)

jonathan Frid, Joan Bennett, Grayson hall, Louis Edmonds, John Karlen, and Nancy Barrett are all in it. I don’t think Kate Jackson was, or Theyer David,

I see. Many of the original cast or early cast. I remember watching it, but not much about it except for Vicki (a new actress playing her) and her boyfriend.

55 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Wait a minute, VIcky wasn't in it? Maybe it was just a voice over at the end?

Was it just a half hour? Or did they expand it to an hr?

Vicki was long gone by this point. 

DARK SHADOWS, the original show that is, was only a half-hour for its entire run. The 1991 series was an hour long.

57 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Wait a minute, VIcky wasn't in it? Maybe it was just a voice over at the end?

Was it just a half hour? Or did they expand it to an hr?

No it was a half hour episode, I’ve seen it. And Vicky is not in it. In fact NONE  of the principal characters, Barnabas, Elizabeth, Maggie, Quinton etc. are in it AT ALL. We say goodbye to all of them and episode 1198. The show went on for another 48 episodes.

It was a wild show, man.

Thanks to reading that blog, I’ve gone back and I’m checking out some of the episodes in the 600s now, which pre-day Quentin, which is when I started watching.

Oh my God, whatever Angel stepped in and took Kathryn Leigh Scott by the hand and fixed her hair for her, they deserve to be commended. I am used to Maggie with long flowing locks, a bump and a middle part, these HARD BANGS and that stiff choppyassed   blowout is hard to watch.

9 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

No it was a half hour episode, I’ve seen it. And Vicky is not in it. In fact NONE  of the principal characters, Barnabas, Elizabeth, Maggie, Quinton etc. are in it AT ALL. We say goodbye to all of them and episode 1198. The show went on for another 48 episodes.

It was a wild show, man.

But you said above that they WERE in it! WTH? Who was in it then? I remember some quick wrap up where Vicki and her boyfriend were reunited in another time. I know Moltke left the show and they had some new actress playing her in the final days.

2 minutes ago, Hibi said:

But you said above that they WERE in it! WTH?

Those actors are in it but they’re all playing different people. Joan Bennett is not playing Elizabeth she’s playing, Flora Collins. Jonathan Frid is not playing Barnabas he is playing Bramwell Collins. Lara Parker is not playing Angelique she is playing Catherine.Those actors are in it but they’re all playing different people.

We say goodbye to the characters and 1198, but the show continues in a parallel time with the same actors playing totally different roles. And then it got canceled. 

It’s confusing.

12 minutes ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

Vicki was long gone by this point. 

DARK SHADOWS, the original show that is, was only a half-hour for its entire run. The 1991 series was an hour long.

Yes, I know that. I was wondering if the last show was an hour to wrap things up better.

1 minute ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Those actors are in it but they’re all playing different people. Joan Bennett is not playing Elizabeth she’s playing, Flora Collins. Jonathan Frid is not playing Barnabas he is playing Bramwell Collins. Lara Parker is not playing Angelique she is playing Catherine.Those actors are in it but they’re all playing different people.

We say goodbye to the characters and 1198, but the show continues in a parallel time with the same actors playing totally different roles. And then it got canceled. 

It’s confusing.

OK, I get it now. Wasn't there some wrap up with Vicki (or her equivalent) uniting in another time with her boyfriend?

1 minute ago, Hibi said:

Yes, I know that. I was wondering if the last show was an hour to wrap things up better.

I kind of get the feeling from the various things I’ve watched, they shot the ep not really knowing it was going to be the last show. They all showed up for rehearsal and fit in the next day and were told don’t bother, the show has been canceled. A really sloppy narrration is basically tacked on at the end of an episode that I get the feeling was meant to end in a different way. God it’s so hard to explain and I’m using my phone.

And now for some reason my phone duplicates my post, and it takes too much time to delete it. 

IGNORE THIS:
kind of get the feeling from the various things I’ve watched, did they shot it not really knowing it was going to be the last show. They all showed up for rehearsal and fit in the next day and were told don’t bother, the show has been canceled. A really sloppy near ration is basically tacked on at the end of an episode that I get the feeling was meant to end in a different way. God it’s so hard to explain and I’m using my phone.

Yes, I thought there was some awkward narration at the end to wrap things up. I remember at the time the episode was VERY unsatisfying. Like they had little notice to wrap things up.

I wasn't watching it regularly the last 6 months or so. Not every day. Was busy with school.

2 minutes ago, Hibi said:

OK, I get it now. Wasn't there some wrap up with Vicki (or her equivalent) uniting in another time with her boyfriend?

Yes, I’m trying to remember, it happens somewhere, (Aroun episode 1000 maybe?!) but well before the official end of the show.

2 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Yes, I’m trying to remember, it happens somewhere, (Aroun episode 1000 maybe?!) but well before the official end of the show.

I must be misrembering it then. I wasn't watching it religously towards the end of the show. I had heard of the show being cancelled and made sure to watch the last episode.

It makes my blood boil but here goes......

After Barnabas goes back to 1795 to save Vicki from being hanged as a second time, he returns to the present,  and there's no further mention of Vicki until the Leviathan storyline.

We all assumed that Vicki and Peter Bradford lived happily ever after, but darn Dan Curtis and the writers had to ruin it....Peter Bradford's ghost returns to haunt Jeb Hawkes who supposedly pushed Vicki off of Widows' Hill. How Jeb managed to do this when he even didn't exist back then was really poor writing and there was no reason to destroy Vicki's life and happiness when she had already been through so much on the show.

Really poor plot twist IMO.

• Thanks 1

I seem to remember the Vicky replacement actress only appeared for a couple wks and they wrote her out of the show. I thought it was at the end of the show, but I'm misremembering it, obviously. The show got so confusing near the end it was hard following it, yet alone remembering it!