Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm sorry but I just NEED to talk about DARK SHADOWS

3 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

There’s a strange point in the show where, for some reason, Nancy Barrett just decides to  play the role with no make up. None. No eyebrows, no lip, no foundation, no nothing. I’m not saying she looks bad, I’m not saying it was the wrong choice, I am saying I had to squint the first time I saw her and be like “who the hell is that?”

Weird. What kind of scene was it?

4 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

She was going through her hippy stage maybe

Something tells me she was born in a hippie stage....

you know who she was married to for a year or two while she was doing the show, yeah? if not, it'll blow you mind. (it did mine)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Hibi said:

Weird. What kind of scene was it?

that NANCY BARRETT didn't wear make-up? Well, the earliest I've noticed it was when ELIZABETH "died" and was buried alive, so i guess she was in mourning still (she just went on a date with CHRIS JENNINGS with BARE FACE in a late 600 episode).. by the time she was JEB FAWKES'S widow and PANSY FAYE/LETICIA/REVERAND TRASK'S DAUGHTER she was going FULL ON NO-MAKE-UP DAILY (except they maybe gave her STERN EYEBROWS as TRASK'S DAUGHTER.)

IT SEEMS LIKE MOST OF HER EPISODES POST ELIZABETH'S "DEATH" WERE DONE MAKE-UP FREE, episodes 700-1245

See the source image

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

that NANCY BARRETT didn't wear make-up? Well, the earliest I've noticed it was when ELIZABETH "died" and was buried alive, so i guess she was in mourning still (she just went on a date with CHRIS JENNINGS with BARE FACE in a late 600 episode).. by the time she was JEB FAWKES'S widow and PANSY FAYE/LETICIA/REVERAND TRASK'S DAUGHTER she was going FULL ON NO-MAKE-UP DAILY (except they maybe gave her STERN EYEBROWS as TRASK'S DAUGHTER.)

IT SEEMS LIKE MOST OF HER EPISODES POST ELIZABETH'S "DEATH" WERE DONE MAKE-UP FREE, episodes 700-1245

See the source image

Weird.

1 hour ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Something tells me she was born in a hippie stage....

you know who she was married to for a year or two while she was doing the show, yeah? if not, it'll blow you mind. (it did mine)

Yep, David Ford, who played Sam Evans for couple of years. I couldn't believe that when I read it. 

They barely had any scenes together on the show, which is maybe just as well. 

1 minute ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

Yep, David Ford, who played Sam Evans for couple of years. I couldn't believe that when I read it. 

I triple checked IMDb to make sure I wasn’t seeing things after reading it. 

mind=blown 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 9/22/2021 at 10:51 AM, alleybj said:

As I recall, the word was that they wanted her to come back after the pregnancy, but she wanted changes in the character,  to be more complex and less naive and goody, goody.  The producers wanted the same old Vicki, so it never happened. 

She wanted to play a vampire.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

OMG!!!!!

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Janet0312 said:

She wanted to play a vampire.

I recall after her return from 1795 she was bitten by Barnabas who was afraid she found out what he was. That would have been the ideal time to make her one of the living dead.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Hibi said:

Were there any female vampires on the show besides Angelique? (For awhile).

Only Megan Todd during the Leviathan saga and Roxanne Drew in 1840, but they were both short-term. Angelique was the only woman vamp who lasted for quite awhile.

From Dark Shadows Everyday:  I'm still laughing.

To review: Maggie is Maggie and Vicki is Vicki. Maggie is also Josette, but then Barnabas decides that Vicki is Josette, except Josette really is Maggie and Vicki is still Vicki. After Vicki leaves, Maggie becomes Vicki. Then Rachel (who is Vicki played by Maggie) could be Josette, but then Kitty (also Maggie) really is Josette. And finally there’s Daphne, who’s either Vicki, Maggie, Rachel, Beth or Sheriff Patterson. That last one is kind of a long shot.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Hibi said:

Were there any female vampires on the show besides Angelique? (For awhile).

Roxanne Drew and Megan Todd.

vampirism was the last thing Barnabas wanted for Roxanne because he loved her so she died as a result of Angelique's meddling.

I've looked online for photos of the late-60's, 70's dresses worn  on the show, but have not had much luck.

I have noticed someone in the costume department had a thing for CHARTREUSE, and LIME GREEN, and honestly, I'm not mad about it.

sometimes the candles at the old house are in the tackiest shades.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

There's a lot going on in the above photo, and it's hard for me to get past how good GERARD looks in those jeans and how hideous the shirt on (apparent pioneer in the art of VOGUEING) DAVID SELBY is...

Why, Lorna, I got a shirt just like that at Walmart last year! And dayum, Gerard does look fine in those jeans.

• Haha 3
14 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

There's a lot going on in the above photo, and it's hard for me to get past how good GERARD looks in those jeans and how hideous the shirt on (apparent pioneer in the art of VOGUEING) DAVID SELBY is...

I have to admit James Storm (Gerard) does look a bit more fine in here than he did on the show, though he wasn't all that bad on the series either.

Bad shirt or not though, David Selby still turns me on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
18 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

I've looked online for photos of the late-60's, 70's dresses worn  on the show, but have not had much luck.

I have noticed someone in the costume department had a thing for CHARTREUSE, and LIME GREEN, and honestly, I'm not mad about it.

sometimes the candles at the old house are in the tackiest shades.

Didn't Ohrbachs do the wardrobe?  Maybe just the present day stuff. I hated Vicki's clothes. Always the same kind of dress, just in different colors. I can't remember ever seeing her in slacks.