Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm sorry but I just NEED to talk about DARK SHADOWS

3 minutes ago, scsu1975 said:

I watched all the initial episodes on Amazon Prime. They end at a certain point, and then the episodes on TUBI take over. I also know that Pluto TV was showing episodes, but I'm not sure if they start at the beginning.

I can't with PLUTO TV, THERE ARE SO MANY GD COMMERCIALS AND THEY ARE NOT GRACEFULLY PLACED within the program, they start abruptly. One great thing about TUBI is there is ONE COMMERCIAL at the start of the show, then ONE COMMERCIAL BREAK hafway thru and that is it, so you can watch each episode in  26 minutes easy (they also cut the end credits short, which I wish they wouldn't, but it makes it easier to binge five episodes in the same time as a movie)

i legit think an episode on PLUTO would be about 38 minutes long with all their effin commercials

1 minute ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

please tell me, fellow child of the 90's, that you know what i mean by THE CREEPY SHAKE N' BAKE GIRL, yes?

Haha! Yes that girl with the very noticeable Southern accent.

14 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

I don’t know why it is that KINESCOPED TV SHOWS make everyone look like the “ITS SHAKE N’ BAKE AND I HAILPED” girl- but they do and it unsettles me.

(Please tell me some of you know this reference.)

Oh yes, Lorna, you know I do, and have repeated  that magical phrase on many occasions.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Wow. I didn't know he appeared on that show. Too bad it was the syndicated one with Wally Bruner (couldn't stand him!) WHY didnt he let them keep on guessing? JERK!

21 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

I THOUGHT THAT WAS WEIRD TOO!!!!

Once they hit on daytime, am sure they would've guessed eventually.

I was intent of backing off of DARK SHADOWS, but I recently stumbled upon a "hot pocket" in the storyline where things come together and it gets good-

VICTORIA has returned from being hanged (how ****ing HARDCORE is that by the way??, if they had wanted to make ALEXANDRA MOLTKE happy, they should have had her play the role as WEDNESDAY ADDAMS)), PROF STOKES has stepped into the lead role, ramifications of the past are worked SO CLEVERLY INTO THE STORYLINE!!! (Especially the return of REV. TRASK and his REVENGE ON BARANABAS!) and PROF STOKES feeling a link with BEN STOKES and finishing a letter he has written- I daresay THAYER DAVID was the best (male) actor on the show, i know JOHN KARLEN is good, but he is taxing to watch sometimes. THATER DAVID (working his CHARLES COBURN MONOCLE) 100% understands the kind of performance he needs to give as PROF STOKES, and he nails it (which wakes STOKES'S rather spotty success rate as a paranormal researcher all the more amusing.)

I ALSO DON'T MIND the dream curse storyline, I know some of you said you hated it....of course, i have benefitted from being able to pick and chose my storylines, it's not like i have to watch in one a day installments.

I have largely sidestepped THE ADAM STORYLINE and yet, at this point, I am bemused by it.

1 minute ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

I was intent of backing off of DARK SHADOWS, but I recently stumbled upon a "hot pocket" in the storyline where things come together and it gets good-

VICTORIA has returned from being hanged (how ****ing HARDCORE is that by the way??, if they had wanted to make ALEXANDRA MOLTKE happy, they should have had her play the role as WEDNESDAY ADDAMS)), PROF STOKES has stepped into the lead role, ramifications of the past are worked SO CLEVERLY INTO THE STORYLINE!!! (Especially the return of REV. TRASK and his REVENGE ON BARANABAS!) and PROF STOKES feeling a link with BEN STOKES and finishing a letter he has written- I daresay THAYER DAVID was the best (male) actor on the show, i know JOHN KARLEN is good, but he is taxing to watch sometimes. THATER DAVID (working his CHARLES COBURN MONOCLE) 100% understands the kind of performance he needs to give as PROF STOKES, and he nails it (which wakes STOKES'S rather spotty success rate as a paranormal researcher all the more amusing.)

I ALSO DON'T MIND the dream curse storyline, I know some of you said you hated it.

I have largely sidestepped THE ADAM STORYLINE and yet, at this point, I am bemused by it.

I liked Adam when he was still childlike and learning how to talk.

Once he gets mixed up with Nicholas, he becomes too much of a threatening bully. I realize it was due to Nicholas' influence but it didn't make Adam any less unbearable he became once he started threatening Barnabas and Julia to create a mate for him.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

I liked Adam when he was still childlike and learning how to talk.

Once he gets mixed up with Nicholas, he becomes too much of a threatening bully. I realize it was due to Nicholas' influence but it didn't make Adam any less unbearable he became once he started threatening Barnabas and Julia to create a mate for him.

one thing i will give the ADAM STORYLINE credit for: I genuinely believe the writers caught ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN at a revival house and decided to work out the oft-asked question of just what in the Hell it was BELA LUGOSI'S Dracula wanted THE FRANKENSTEIN MONSTER for exactly later on that night...