Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm sorry but I just NEED to talk about DARK SHADOWS

On 10/9/2021 at 6:27 AM, LornaHansonForbes said:

You may know this already, but Louis Edmonds used to tell a story that he was getting out of his costume one day when they called him and told him that he was needed to tape a scene right then and there. Apparently he wasn’t wearing pants and ran down to the set and they filmed him in a tight close up so that you couldn’t see he was standing there in his BVDs.

I wish I could provide the episode number, but I've seen what I assume is this episode.  It's from the first year, before Frid joined the cast.  Louis Edmonds is indeed shot in a tight close-up and he seems rather amused.  Also, I could be misremembering, but I think you could hear quite a bit of background noise, as if there was a lot of running around to set up the shot.

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

"WILLIE! I need you to kidnap MAGGIE EVANS..."

"WILLIE!! I need you to DRIVE A STAKE through someone!'

"WILLIE! I need you to rob a grave!!!!"

"WILLIE!! I'M ALL OUT OF INVERNESS COATS: DID YOU FORGET THE DRY CLEANING????

Still not as bad as working for DIANA ROSS back in the day though...

In one episode, there is a cut to the Old House and the scene begins with Barnabas saying to Willie, "And I want you to make sure young David doesn't come into this house..."  It always makes me smile because I imagine that Barnabas is in the middle of giving Willie an endless list of instructions.

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

I have already posted this video once, I post it again for reference because at the 40 second mark there is a photo of GRAYSON HALL coming either to or from the studio with HER REAL HAIR ( THIS was early in her run on the show, I think she legit cut it into that MIA FARROW/DIESEL DAGGER 'DO later on after she had settled into the part)

i love this video and have watched it many times, the song is so incredibly touching and the photos very thoughtfully placed, if you missed it when i posted it several, several pages back, give it a looksie (although, fair warning, you may get misty near the end):

Enjoyed this, thank you.

5 hours ago, mabelnormand1930 said:

Does anyone know what happened to David Hennessy?

Apparently he has completely and utterly eschewed the spotlight, he doesn’t even have a Wikipedia page. He is straight and married and I think lives in Florida and has some normal kind of business now, I’m pretty sure he has never even been to any of the festivals. I have to say, I sort of understand all this- the fandom for DS is SO INTENSE, it’s got to be a lot to handle. 

• Thanks 1

That video tribute is great.  Kudos to whoever compiled it....a truly devoted fan.

You can even get a feel for what a dump that part of Manhattan had become by the late 60s.

Love what I assume is Nancy Barrett's kitchen (it's NYC tiny) wherein her dress blends into the wallpaper. 

And David Selby wears an absolutely fabulous black, sort of satiny jacket which I must track down.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Apparently he has completely and utterly eschewed the spotlight, he doesn’t even have a Wikipedia page. He is straight and married and I think lives in Florida and has some normal kind of business now, I’m pretty sure he has never even been to any of the festivals. I have to say, I sort of understand all this- the fandom for DS is SO INTENSE, it’s got to be a lot to handle. 

I thought he was in Panama last I read

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, PhillyCinephile said:

In one episode, there is a cut to the Old House and the scene begins with Barnabas saying to Willie, "And I want you to make sure young David doesn't come into this house..."  

And yet, David always managed to find a way get into the Old House. If not by door, then through the window which remains open at all times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Henesy was planning to attend a DS Festival but cancelled at the last minute.  Word on the street is that a group of rather intense DS fans showed up at his restaurant and created an embarrassing scene, and that ended whatever interest he might have had in participating in DS events.

• Thanks 1

I'm sorry but I just NEED to talk about DARK SHADOWS

Well, okay, if you must. But you have to quit when when it gets to a thousand posts.

I mean c'mon, enough is enough. No show is that good.

:lol:

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, PhillyCinephile said:

I wish I could provide the episode number, but I've seen what I assume is this episode.  It's from the first year, before Frid joined the cast.  Louis Edmonds is indeed shot in a tight close-up and he seems rather amused.  Also, I could be misremembering, but I think you could hear quite a bit of background noise, as if there was a lot of running around to set up the shot.

Funny. Wonder why that scene was so needed at the last minute. Who was he sharing the scene with?

1 hour ago, Hibi said:

Funny. Wonder why that scene was so needed at the last minute. Who was he sharing the scene with?

As I understand it, Louis Edmonds thought he has taped his final scene, so he headed back to his dressing room.  In the control room, they started yelling, "Where's Louis?!!" when they saw he wasn't on his mark, and he went running back to the soundstage, half-dressed, and took his place.  As I recall, he's alone in the scene and it's basically a reaction shot of him in his room, reveling in some misdeed that was discussed by other characters in the previous scene.   Something along the lines of:

INT.  DRAWING ROOM

VICKI:  I wonder who was responsible...

CUT TO

INT. ROGER'S STUDY

ROGER stands by the fireplace, sipping his brandy with a look of smug satisfaction.

• Haha 1
On 10/13/2021 at 12:53 PM, LornaHansonForbes said:

in re: the video posted above

some other great shots:

18 seconds in, LOUIS EDMONDS is HOT in this photo! (seriously!)

29 seconds in, KATHRYN LEIGH SCOTT showing up after a late night of fighting organized crime with PAM GRIER?

38 seconds in, LARA PARKER, looking LUMINOUS (anyone know what her pink button says?)

48 seconds in, is this JOEL CROTHERS with the pipe?

2 minutes, 50 seconds in- DON BRISCOE looking timeless

2 minutes 56 seconds in, another shot of GRAYSON with her actual hair.

Many, many, many thanks for posting this moving video. The  beautiful song, unfamiliar to me, is "Time Won't Let Me Go" by The Bravery. The lead singer sounds so much like Bono I was guessing U2.

0:18--Louis Edmonds does look surprisingly attractive in this shot.

0:38--Lara looks luminous, as usual. A great beauty. Too bad she was never cast as Circe in a Clash of the Titans-type movie.

0:48--Though it's not a flattering shot, I think that's Joel Crothers with the pipe because he also has a pipe around 2:43.

0:55--Humbert Allen Astredo looks surprisingly shy in this and the other pictures of him in the video, and somehow this is appealing.

1:00--Don Briscoe looks timeless here, too.

2:23--John Karlen, tie askew, is having a "straight man suddenly looking gay" moment. Well, it happens.

There are some beautiful shots of Grayson Hall, and her hair looks great.

• Like 2