Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm sorry but I just NEED to talk about DARK SHADOWS

the NICHOLAS BLAIR/ADAM AND EVE STORYLINE is coming to an end...I have to say, i did not entirely "get" MARIE WALLACE as MEGAN in the LEVIATHAN storyline, BUT I ABSOLUTELY ADORED HER AS EVE, THE SUPER B!TCHY BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN WHO WAS "OVER" EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE THE MINUTE SHE CAME INTO BEING.

Frankly, I would not have minded if EVE had stuck around Collinsport, I think she and ROGER would have made a perfect couple.

ADAM hasn't died yet, but I have to admit I am looking forward to it.

In a real "OH MY GOD, DID I JUST SEE THAT???" moment in episode 635, he CHOKES CAROLYN and PUNCHES OUT VICTORIA!!!!!!! [although to be fair, it's "MISS" BETSY DURKIN in the part of VICTORIA WINTERS, and who among us hasn't given some thought to the notion.)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

the NICHOLAS BLAIR/ADAM AND EVE STORYLINE is coming to an end...I have to say, i did not entirely "get" MARIE WALLACE as MEGAN in the LEVIATHAN storyline, BUT I ABSOLUTELY ADORED HER AS EVE, THE SUPER B!TCHY BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN WHO WAS "OVER" EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE THE MINUTE SHE CAME INTO BEING.

Frankly, I would not have minded if EVE had stuck around Collinsport, I think she and ROGER would have made a perfect couple.

ADAM hasn't died yet, but I have to admit I am looking forward to it.

In a real "OH MY GOD, DID I JUST SEE THAT???" moment in episode 635, he CHOKES CAROLYN and PUNCHES OUT VICTORIA!!!!!!! [although to be fair, it's "MISS" BETSY DURKIN in the part of VICTORIA WINTERS, and who among us hasn't given some thought to the notion.)

Eve certainly liven things up when she was around, though I don't know how or why she thought Jeff would choose her over Vicki once she proved he was Peter Bradford, especially since Eve looked nothing like the original Danielle Roget.  Besides Bradford was already over her by the time he met Vicki in the past anyway.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

I doan recall Adam ever dying he just went off somewhere and was written out of the show...

correct me anybody if I am wrong.

and I always thought Adam developing a hatred for Barnabas was stupid and distracting.

angelique shoulda knocked him off to restore her curse on barnabas,

a nice thought woulda been having Adam strangulate pansy faye.

:D

9 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

I doan recall Adam ever dying he just went off somewhere and was written out of the show...

correct me anybody if I am wrong.

The last we saw of Adam, he was hiding in Professor Stokes bedroom.

Stokes did say he was going to send Adam to a clinic so the doctors could remove his Adam's scars.

10 hours ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

The last we saw of Adam, he was hiding in Professor Stokes bedroom.

Stokes did say he was going to send Adam to a clinic so the doctors could remove his Adam's scars.

Not sure where Adam ended up, but this is where Robert Rodan ended up...

image.thumb.png.5615f33cbebb5dc6136e57b2a47e907b.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, PhillyCinephile said:

Not sure where Adam ended up, but this is where Robert Rodan ended up...

image.thumb.png.5615f33cbebb5dc6136e57b2a47e907b.png

I have it but haven't watched it yet, lol, I'll you all a blow by blow after I do. 😎

INT- JOAN BENNETT'S DRESSING ROOM, DARK SHADOWS STUDIO

a 4:00 pm taping is going on downstairs and the second floor is thusly DESERTED.

TIGHT SHOT: A rack of CHARTREUSE AND PAISLEY PRINT FROCKS, from behind which a gray trail of smoke drifts upward.

MEDIUM SHOT: BEHIND THE CLOTHES RACK:

We see DAVID HENNESEY (sp?) and DENISE NICKERSON, still in their costumes from the day's shoot; DAVID is lighting A CIGARETTE.

DENISE: "Where'd you get it, David?"

DAVID takes a puff and erupts in a fit of coughing  as he passes to DENISE.

DAVID: [between coughs] "I dunno, someone's purse in the make-up room."

DENISE takes a deep drag and blows a perfect smoke ring as DAVID stifles the last of his coughs.

DENISE: [with concern] "Not Grayson's I hope?"

DAVID: "Oh no no, I wouldn't dare. I think it was Louis's...He won't mind. "

DENISE is passing the cigarette back to DAVID when suddenly, THE  CHARTEUSE CURTAIN is DRAMATICALLY parted and THERE STANDS GRAYSON HALL, IN WARDROBE AS MAGDA.

THE CHILDREN ARE SEIZED IN INSTANT, ICY TERROR.

GRAYSON: (calmly) "I heard my name."

HER EYES dart to THE CIGARETTE HANGING LIMPLY IN DAVID'S HAND. She SNATCHES IT, sternly examines, and rolls her eyes.

GRAYSON: "Jesus Christ, children."

She drops the cigarette on the carpet and STAMPS OUT IT, then reaches behind her wig to produce one of her own, which she hands to DENISE.

GRAYSON: "Unfiltereds'll get you there quicker."

And with that, Grayson exits the room.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I must mount a defense for Night of Dark Shadows.  I finally read the full screenplay, and I have to say that I think the cuts and editing actually improved the movie. It’s very atmospheric, the actors are quite good, and the reordering of scenes gives it a dreamlike quality.  The fact that characters refer to occurrences that the audience hasn’t seen also amps up the mystery.  In response to one commenter who ridiculed the quantity of scenes that involve Angelique beckoning, let me just say that I find nothing more frightening than Lara Parker, as Angelique, beckoning. She is one scary, even though beautiful, woman.  If she gives me that look and beckons, I will run.  I will agree that the “night” scenes filmed during the day are a bit silly, but overall I give it a thumbs up.  Plus young Kate Jackson. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, alleybj said:

In response to one commenter who ridiculed the quantity of scenes that involve Angelique beckoning, let me just say that I find nothing more frightening than Lara Parker, as Angelique, beckoning. She is one scary, even though beautiful, woman.  If she gives me that look and beckons, I will run.

The wife and I were watching Dark Shadows on Decades-TV when the episodes were about her coming from France as a servant and she uses her witch powers to get Barnabas to marry her.    My wife really hated the character but could tell I felt differently;   yea,  she was a snake but I still found her bewitching.  

So if Angelique beckoned me I would run TO HER,  and meet my doom!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

The wife and I were watching Dark Shadows on Decades-TV when the episodes were about her coming from France as a servant and she uses her witch powers to get Barnabas to marry her.    My wife really hated the character but could tell I felt differently;   yea,  she was a snake but I still found her bewitching.  

So if Angelique beckoned me I would run TO HER,  and meet my doom!

angelique is from martinique in the west indies.

:)

Shadows on the Wall: An Online Dark Shadows Fanzine: Lara Parker / Vampire  Angelique

• Like 2

I am truly uncertain why a thread over the meaning of the use of various emoticons on the TCM message boards got banished to Off-Topic Chit-Chat by Page 2, and yet a discussion about a 50-year-old TV show that has absolutely nothing to do with either theatrical movies or TCM itself is permitted to continue to exist by the moderators on General Discussions onPage 41. I mean, more power to you folks who continue to ardently post and have utter faith in the validity of your thread, but I have to take a brief moment to express my confusion. It would be cool if a moderator would pop on and explain why one thread got banished and another didn't, but I assume this will never actually happen.

2 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

I am truly uncertain why a thread over the meaning of the use of various emoticons on the TCM message boards got banished to Off-Topic Chit-Chat by Page 2, and yet a discussion about a 50-year-old TV show that has absolutely nothing to do with either theatrical movies or TCM itself is permitted to continue to exist by the moderators on General Discussions onPage 41. I mean, more power to you folks who continue to ardently post and have utter faith in the validity of your thread, but I have to take a brief moment to express my confusion. It would be cool if a moderator would pop on and explain why one thread got banished and another didn't, but I assume this will never actually happen.

"Banished to Off Topic Chit Chat," "permitted to continue to exist," "validity of your thread." You clearly have strong feelings about the Off Topic board, emoticons, and discussion of classic TV on a movie site. 

I don't use the feature myself but if you want to follow the discussion of emoticons you can click "follow" on the topic page which will spare you the unpleasantness of scrolling through the chit-chat ghetto.

If your concern is that no one will find the topic there to add to the discussion, well that could be, but it's not a terribly deep subject so probably all that could be said has been.

This discussion is at least related to watching a classic show, and the actors who worked on it, story lines, et cetera, so it seems fitting in General, while using emoticons is more about forum member behavior and off the topic of movies/tv/entertainment. That's probably what a moderator would say.

I have had responses to direct messages to the site admin. You could pose the question to them directly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

It doesn't have "absolutely nothing to do with either theatrical movies or TCM itself."  There were two movies-- House of Dark Shadows and Night of Dark Shadows, and they're both frequently shown on TCM.  Yes, the discussion of the show may be tangential to the movies, but it does have something to do with them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1