Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movie title #2, please

Taz

This movie opens with cardboard cutouts of hot air balloons and dirigibles on hard wires dancing around.  They not only move up/down and side to side, the also tilt.  I’m remembering colors of pink, peach, and browns.  I’m going to say it’s from the late ‘40s.

I hesitate to give a plot description   because I may have it mixed up with something else.  As I remember, it is a sci-fi film.  A group (alt least one a scientist and I think elderly) goes below the surface of the earth, entering through an inactive volcano.  They meet mole people and have other adventures.  Sounds like the 1959 film Journey to the Center of the Earth with Pat Boone but that’s not it.

Thanks but that’s not it.  I’m pretty sure the film I’m looking for is earlier than that, ‘40s maybe even late ‘30s.  There were only about 6 people in the group of explorers.  I thought the MC of the show said it was the first of something.   I thought he said first color but I was pretty sure that wasn’t right so I’ve tried first color sci-fi but that didn’t prove out either.

Like I said the intro was cardboard cutout hot air balloons and small dirigibles, somewhat like in the picture below, vintage style maybe even art deco.  They were on heavy gauge hard wires, which you could actually see the wires.  It was pretty cheesy but still pretty entertaining.

2dd8aafd0deca2d579f7d66f245090d8.jpg.f63ec5164776f600d9fa9063ff35c2c2.jpg

10 hours ago, Taz said:

Not even close but it looks interesting, I’ll have to give it a view.

The balloons and dirigibles were only at the beginning as an intro.  As best I remember they had nothing to do with the actual movie.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings