Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lilia.

Aritosthenes

Happy, Safe, Healthy; and Warm Eighty-Eight Birthday Wishes and Greetings to the Gorgeous And Lovely Madam Debra Paget.   Born. This Day. 1933, Denver Colorado.    Probably And Most Likely Just Me, But i Oft Times Get Her Looks Juxtaposed With The Equally Lovely And Charming Talent That is Esther Williams and Yvonne De Carlo.

Its, Almost Too Far Removed. But I,ll Make Exception(s) On Occassions That Require It.  While, No Longer With Us In Person.  A VERY Very Happy Warm One Hundredth Birthday Card Wishes And Greetings To The SweetHeart Esther Williams.  Born, August Eighth. 1921. Inglewood California.

3 hours ago, laffite said:

Good think I'm not agoraphobic. Wide open spaces, you know.

No Snarkiness in Inquiring: Would You Prefer i Change It? Equal Amounts of Sincerity Are Meant in adding that a break (and, Sure. A Long Break.); seemed the Better Route to Go instead of a wagon train of sentences, Butt to Face. One (sentances), About A Lovely Beautiful Artist, Still With Us. The Other, About A(n) Equally Lovely Lady Who Died in 2013.  While Blunt. Not A Bit of this is meant in Haughty Calloused Insensitive Disrespect, Ireverence, and or (even) a Lack of Interest/Caring (Either).  Sure This Is A Mouthful. Honestly and Admittedly, it might not even make one bit of sense.  But (under such circumstances) Why Spend Time On A Particular Topic, Such As This ? Though i Would Welcome a Response. This Can Be Rhetorical. 

Kudos and Praises to Brendan Schaub.

7 hours ago, Aritosthenes said:

No Snarkiness in Inquiring: Would You Prefer i Change It? 

What I personally would prefer is that you make an effort to edit. You're a wordsmith; fine. There are a few on these boards but most of them seem to understand that paragraphs are a way to avoid "a wagon train of sentences", not l-o-o-o-o-o-ng expanses of blank space. It may satisfy whatever vision you have in your head about how your words are coming across, but I don't think it's particularly considerate of the reader. And I don't think random unnecessary capitalization gives added meaning or importance to what you're saying. I like your tributes to actors and actresses living and departed, but, in general, reading an entire post from you can often be a trial when you stake your claim to so much space.

You said you'd welcome a response so this is mine. I've kept quiet until now, but you yourself opened the door here. No disrespect meant. You obviously have a lively mind and an enthusiasm for discussion, so you're a valuable asset here. You be you but, please, have a heart. 

P.S. Also a fan of Lilia.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, DougieB said:

What I personally would prefer is that you make an effort to edit. You're a wordsmith; fine. There are a few on these boards but most of them seem to understand that paragraphs are a way to avoid "a wagon train of sentences", not l-o-o-o-o-o-ng expanses of blank space. It may satisfy whatever vision you have in your head about how your words are coming across, but I don't think it's particularly considerate of the reader. And I don't think random unnecessary capitalization gives added meaning or importance to what you're saying. I like your tributes to actors and actresses living and departed, but, in general, reading an entire post from you can often be a trial when you stake your claim to so much space.

You said you'd welcome a response so this is mine. I've kept quiet until now, but you yourself opened the door here. No disrespect meant. You obviously have a lively mind and an enthusiasm for discussion, so you're a valuable asset here. You be you but, please, have a heart. 

Thanks.

3 hours ago, DougieB said:

You're welcome. And thanks for opening yourself to feedback. It's the mark of a good man. 

I can't imagine any star who wouldn't appreciate your timely and fulsome tributes.

Well, Thank You.

Besides Those Three Words. Im Honestly Not Sure What To Say (To That). And That Is In NO Disrespect To You.

Maybe Three Words And A Period Are Enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

What is "Lilia" and how is that related to Debra Paget?     Thanks

(and also thanks to the advise given because I have avoided some of the threads created by the OP,  due to the difficulty in reading them).

The "water girl" in The Ten Commandments. Debra was probably never more beautiful or better used as an actress. 

The OP is coming around. Not so many emojis, right? I think he can play well with others when he puts his mind to it.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Aritosthenes said:

Happy, Safe, Healthy; and Warm Eighty-Eight Birthday Wishes and Greetings to the Gorgeous And Lovely Madam Debra Paget.   Born. This Day. 1933, Denver Colorado.    Probably And Most Likely Just Me, But i Oft Times Get Her Looks Juxtaposed With The Equally Lovely And Charming Talent That is Esther Williams and Yvonne De Carlo.

Its, Almost Too Far Removed. But I,ll Make Exception(s) On Occassions That Require It.  While, No Longer With Us In Person.  A VERY Very Happy Warm One Hundredth Birthday Card Wishes And Greetings To The SweetHeart Esther Williams.  Born, August Eighth. 1921. Inglewood California.

Funny, but here I always kind'a got Debra Paget's looks juxtaposed with the equally lovely and charming Lisa Gaye.

(...I wonder why that is???) ;)

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, DougieB said:

Wow Doug! Gotta say that I was RIGHT with ya here dude UNTIL I came upon that sentence I placed in bold letters up there!!! ;)

(...boy, you SURE know how to throw a wet blanket on "some people's" shtick around here, don't ya!)

LOL

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Wow Doug! Gotta say that I was RIGHT with ya here dude UNTIL I came upon that sentence I placed in bold letters up there!!! ;)

LOL

For my work communications I used to capitalize NO and NOT since too often these words are missed based on preconceived bias.

E.g.  I write:  I do not wish to proceed with option-one.       Staff really wanted to go with option-one, and thus proceeds with that misreading my communication (i.e. sorry, we didn't see the NOT!).        

But 2 years back we hired a manager that is all love-and-peace but in a negative way.    She complained that I was yelling at her employees.     I tried to explain that I only use caps for these two words and why.   Didn't help;  The clown went to HR and I was asked to NOT do that.     So now I just bold the NOs and NOTs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

For my work communications I used to capitalize NO and NOT since too often these words are missed based on preconceived bias.

E.g.  I write:  I do not wish to proceed with option-one.       Staff really wanted to go with option-one, and thus proceeds with that misreading my communication (i.e. sorry, we didn't see the NOT!).        

But 2 years back we hired a manager that is all love-and-peace but in a negative way.    She complained that I was yelling at her employees.     I tried to explain that I only use caps for these two words and why.   Didn't help;  The clown went to HR and I was asked to NOT do that.     So now I just bold the NOs and NOTs.

Ooooowww, then it seems it's a damn GOOD thing that I'm NOW an old retired f@rt many years removed from all the little snowflakes that evidently inhabit the present day American business world, EH James?!

(...SEE?!...bein' an old f@rt DOES have its advantages sometimes, doesn't it!)  ;)

LOL

7 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

What is "Lilia" and how is that related to Debra Paget?     Thanks

(and also thanks to the advise given because I have avoided some of the threads created by the OP,  due to the difficulty in reading them).

The Ten Commandments. Thats Debra Paget's Character's Name in De Mille's Biblical Epic.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings