Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

♣ MOVIES released in the 1980s ♣

Mr. Gorman

♣ WELCOME TO THE 1980s ♣ 

The thing about the 1980s is that, beginning around 1985, there was a proliferation of made-for-video movies being shot on videotape.  Nearly all of these films were low-grade garbage . . . but it didn't really matter.  The homevideo industry was apparently ravenous for 'product' at this time.  So in this decade there's not only theatrical movies and made-for-network television movies, but also made-for-cable movies and shot-on-video movies released directly to the homevideo market.   Whew! 

I think for this thread I would ask any poster to list 2 movies instead of the customary one because there's so darn many features from the 1980s to list! 

I'll start with:  

WINDOWS (1980) 

and

WOODCHIPPER MASSACRE (1988)  Shot on video.   The director said it cost $400 to shoot, not including the price of the camera.  

• Like 1

You can list 2 movies if you'd like, TopBilled.  No one's going to come after you with meathooks if you wanna list two '80s flix!  :) 

THE RIPPER (1985-Shot on video sludge)

and

BOARDINGHOUSE (1982-A very early SOV pile of sludge that somehow netted a theatrical release after its debut on homevideo [the PARAGON label released it; I used to own a copy].  It's amateur-night garbage, but I'm sure it made money! 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Gorman said:

You can list 2 movies if you'd like, TopBilled.  No one's going to come after you with meathooks if you wanna list two '80s flix!  :) 

Thanks. I just like posting them one at a time, otherwise I feel compelled to create themes! And I am doing that sort of thing on the Double Feature and Triple Feature threads. :) 

Re: the earlier comment that there were a lot of films produced in the 80s. That's true. But I think there were more Hollywood (and British) films made in the 1930s. Since this was before television. In the 30s the studios gave us short films, B films and serials in addition to the A films.

• Like 1