Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Charlie Watts 1941-2021

nakano

3 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Charlie seemed the most unemotive of the Rolling Stones, rarely cracking a smile, though

Bill Wyman was no ball of energy either. R.I.P.

The most emotion I ever saw from Charlie Watts was when he cracked an ironic smile in the direction of Mick Jagger's famously eccentric dance style in the video for "Start Me Up".

Charlie Watts was the brilliantly drumming Sphinx of The Rolling Stones. Sitting up there unobtrusively making the frontmen look so good, while they took all the bows.

But it's all over now.

May God Bless Charlie Watts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

The most emotion I ever saw from Charlie Watts was when he cracked an ironic smile in the direction of Mick Jagger's famously eccentric dance style in the video for "Start Me Up".

Charlie Watts was the brilliantly drumming Sphinx of The Rolling Stones. Sitting up there unobtrusively making the frontmen look so good, while they took all the bows.

But it's all over now.

May God Bless Charlie Watts.

Yeah, once in a while he would break in with a grin. I thought he looked cool and laid back.

It would be a little strange if Keith Richards turns out to be the last original Rolling Stone to die.

Nice sweatshirt.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Yeah, once in a while he would break in with a grin. I thought he looked cool and laid back.

It would be a little strange if Keith Richards turns out to be the last original Rolling Stone to die.

Nice sweatshirt.

Then everybody would run out and get a complete body blood transfusion.

You know, he never did look the same afterwards.

the legendary sticksman did not have a drum set at home.

Charlie once said it was because his wife of 57 years, Shirley, didn’t like the noise.

He explained: “I can’t play the drums at home so I have to go on the road, and to go on the road, I have to leave home, and it’s like a terribly vicious circle that’s always been my life.”He once said: “The one regret I have of this life is that I was never home enough.”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The 1965 unfinished film Charlie Is My Darling was previously only available as a bootleg video but has been restructured and released on Blu-Ray. But, naturally, Charlie was not front and center in his own eponymous film, leaving the grandstanding to you-know-who. His reticence always gave his words extra weight, so in interview segments (such as in Scorsese's Crossfire Hurricane) I always perked up when he spoke. Mick may have been the spectacle but the sound of those drums kicking in was what defined the Rolling Stones just as much as Keith's guitar. Literally, the little engine that could.  R.I.P.  Charlie is my darling.

17 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

WYMAN lives.  As I'm sure you know. 

My apologies to Bill. The old rock stars of today are becoming like the old movie stars of 10 or 20

years ago--can't remember which ones are still alive and which ones have died. On a local site

yesterday someone listed the still living Rolling Stones and forgot to mention Bill. It is still uncorrected

as of today. Maybe it was because he is the oldest Rolling Stone. 

15 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Then everybody would run out and get a complete body blood transfusion.

You know, he never did look the same afterwards.

To me he's looked the same for the last twenty years. Take that as you want to. I've read that Keith is

quite literate and has an extensive library. 

Who_Are_You_album_cover.JPG

15 hours ago, nakano said:

the legendary sticksman did not have a drum set at home.

Charlie once said it was because his wife of 57 years, Shirley, didn’t like the noise.

He explained: “I can’t play the drums at home so I have to go on the road, and to go on the road, I have to leave home, and it’s like a terribly vicious circle that’s always been my life.”He once said: “The one regret I have of this life is that I was never home enough.”

Sorry but that doesn't add up to me as a musician;   clearly Charlie had enough money to build a sound-proof music room.

I have one and I don't have close to the net worth of that guy.

To jamesjazzguitar;   Charlie Watts had no drums at home,sorry you do not believe this  because it would be possible for you,it is not a question of money,.If you want the ultimate proof st thomas, watch the video they did last year for the covid 19  the 4 Stones in their respective home,Charlie is 'air drumming' Shirley (his wife) never wanted drums in any of their 2 houses. And that's the truth would say Ernestine... here is the link 

3 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Sorry but that doesn't add up to me as a musician;   clearly Charlie had enough money to build a sound-proof music room.

I have one and I don't have close to the net worth of that guy.

If Shirley don't want no sound-proof room in her house, Shirley ain't having no sound-proof room in her house.

6 hours ago, Vautrin said:

To me he's looked the same for the last twenty years. Take that as you want to. I've read that Keith is

quite literate and has an extensive library. 

Who_Are_You_album_cover.JPG

BTW--I wasn't aware of it and I recently found out that Roger Daltrey is a bigger jerk than Eric Clapton or, they deserve each other.

Not a big Who fan, is that common knowledge?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

BTW--I wasn't aware of it and I recently found out that Roger Daltrey is a bigger jerk than Eric Clapton or, they deserve each other.

Not a big Who fan, is that common knowledge?

I don't follow Daltrey that much so I took a look at his Wiki page. Yeah, he's definitely parting it on the right.

And the Who haven't been together for a long time now, so I don't think most Who fans care that much.

14 hours ago, nakano said:

To jamesjazzguitar;   Charlie Watts had no drums at home,sorry you do not believe this  because it would be possible for you,it is not a question of money,.If you want the ultimate proof st thomas, watch the video they did last year for the covid 19  the 4 Stones in their respective home,Charlie is 'air drumming' Shirley (his wife) never wanted drums in any of their 2 houses. And that's the truth would say Ernestine... here is the link 

I think Buddy Rich also had no drums in his home. I seem to recall Johnny Carson mentioning he had been surprised at that after visiting Buddy's house. 

• Like 1