Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

suicide bomb attack at kabul airport

NipkowDisc

biden has been shivering like a coward hoping to evac everyone before something like this happened. well he didn't get his chicken sheet wish so what does he do now?

make a stupid speech thinking that he :lol: can scare the taliban?

that's what liberals do.

they engage in laughable HS then call it leadership.

sure it is.

:lol:

• Haha 1

Should had posted an accurate article DETAILING the bombings.  It was outside the airport near the Abbey gate area.  Believe it was carried out by an extremist group called  Islamic State Khorasan, or ISIS-K whom believe it or not are sworn enemies of the Taliban so you prematurely made an illogical assumption blaming them.

Far extremist groups will try to take advantage of the situation. ISIS-K has bombed a girls school and a maternity hospital! Bastards!:angry:

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/08/26/world/afghanistan-taliban-biden-news

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/08/26/afghanistan-news-kabul-evacuations-continue-pullout-deadline-looms/5592386001/

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

What do we know about ISIS branch threatening Kabul evacuation?

https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2021/08/25/exp-tsr-todd-isis-k.cnn

1a9fa7d1-Afghanistan-Taliban.jpg?ve=1&tl

Afghanistan's chilling new face of terror: 'ISIS-K' slaughter patients in their hospital beds, bomb girls schools... and see the Taliban as far too liberal.:blink::wacko:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9927167/Afghanistans-chilling-new-face-terror-ISIS-K-Taliban-far-liberal.html

2 hours ago, Vautrin said:

The Taliban complaining about terrorists. Hilarious. 

Just when you thought the Middle East extremist couldn't get anymore Looney Tuned.

The only way this could get crazier, if the Taliban have second thoughts and ask us to stay in the country to help them eliminate their foes.

cartoon-clock.gif

8 hours ago, LuckyDan said:

I don't think he is cowering. I think he just doesn't care. He is going to be the president that got us out of Afghanistan. He figures voters will forget about the cost and reward him for that. And he may be right. 

Or not.

25 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I doubt Afghanistan will be a top 10 issue in the 2022 mid-term elections and it will be even less so if Biden is around to run for re-election in 2024.

Unless it becomes Tehran. 

Afghanistan hasn't been a top ten issue since I can remember. 

Competence and fitness for the job are the concerns Dems should have now. Afghanistan is a symptom. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LuckyDan said:

Competence and fitness for the job are the concerns Dems should have now. Afghanistan is a symptom. 

Afghanistan and how the Biden admin "planned" the US exit (if one can even call what has occurred a plan),  may well indeed be a symptom of the Biden admin's competence and fitness in dealing with complex issues;   The southern border may be another.  

Too early for me to judge this yet,  but I don't find your comments out-there or funny like some others here.     I think you're being really balanced unlike these others.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Afghanistan and how the Biden admin "planned" the US exit (if one can even call what has occurred a plan),  may well indeed be a symptom of the Biden admin's competence and fitness in dealing with complex issues;   The southern border may be another.  

Too early for me to judge this yet,  but I don't find your comments out-there or funny like some others here.     I think you're being really balanced unlike these others.

The partisans are emotionally invested in their boys, and knocking down the other side. I like to think that even if I had voted for trump I could still say Doha was a stupid deal, or if I had voted for Biden, he botched this. Some here just can't bring themselves to do it and it's a shame for them. Partisanship is constricting. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

did anyone get a load of Jen Psaki at her press conference today? I never heard so many uh - huhs. she seemed a bit defensive in her tone like she felt she was being unfairly browbeaten. when it was over she scooped up all her papers and took off like she had a hot foot.

that's gonna happen when you're press secretary for an incompotent potus who is lying arrogant and a complete jer* - *ff.

-----------------"we will hunt you down and make you pay."-------------------

oh my he is so fierce.  I hope he has not scared the taliban and isis-k too badly.

just who does he expect us to believe he is going to assign to hunt them down and kill them.?.., he is withdrawing all our troops

just who is he going to put on their tails to hound them to hell?

Jen Psaki and Rear End John Kirby?

5 hours ago, hamradio said:

Just when you thought the Middle East extremist couldn't get anymore Looney Tuned.

The only way this could get crazier, if the Taliban have second thoughts and ask us to stay in the country to help them eliminate their foes.

cartoon-clock.gif

Maybe the silver lining will be they kill one another. Right now the Taliban has a great advantage in

conventional weapons, but who knows how things will work out in the longer term. And today

Biden got to deploy that Old West sheriff shtick, we'll hunt 'em down and get 'em, though it's

futile to hunt down a suicide bomber. 

9 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Maybe the silver lining will be they kill one another. Right now the Taliban has a great advantage in

conventional weapons, but who knows how things will work out in the longer term. And today

Biden got to deploy that Old West sheriff shtick, we'll hunt 'em down and get 'em, though it's

futile to hunt down a suicide bomber. 

Maybe Biden will hire Tom Cruise to hunt down and kill them in the afterlife.

One day you don't succeed, try and try again. ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hamradio said:

Maybe Biden will hire Tom Cruise to hunt down and kill them in the afterlife.

One day you don't succeed, try and try again. ;)

Could be. Tom, these dudes are so bad we have to kill them twice. Now put on your

elevator shoes and go get 'em. 

13 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I doubt Afghanistan will be a top 10 issue in the 2022 mid-term elections and it will be even less so if Biden is around to run for re-election in 2024.

It will be inflation and the high price of gas. And Joe will don a sweater and, from a recliner,  tell us that this is all somehow all our fault. Wait...I've seen this movie before... The Carter years. 

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, LsDoorMat said:

It will be inflation and the high price of gas. And Joe will don a sweater and, from a recliner,  tell us that this is all somehow all our fault. Wait...I've seen this movie before... The Carter years. 

Inflation is your fault.  At the moment it is caused by the Covid-19 pandemic and climate change.

1 minute ago, Bogie56 said:

Inflation is your fault.  At the moment it is caused by the Covid-19 pandemic and climate change.

Me personally? Mr. Carter is that you? If so best wishes on your upcoming 97th birthday.  So it wouldn't have anything to do with all of those Biden bucks spread around at the beginning of the year that paid people to stay home so that wages would have to rise to pry people from their couches with the inevitable price increases that came with it? Really? And wait until that 3.5 trillion dollar welfare state bill hits the economy that will fundamentally KO America. 

Bogie I'm so glad you are Canadian so you can't vote down here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, LsDoorMat said:

Me personally? Mr. Carter is that you? If so best wishes on your upcoming 97th birthday.  So it wouldn't have anything to do with all of those Biden bucks spread around at the beginning of the year that paid people to stay home so that wages would have to rise to pry people from their couches with the inevitable price increases that came with it? Really? And wait until that 3.5 trillion dollar welfare state bill hits the economy that will fundamentally KO America. 

No it would not have anything to do with that.  Scarcity is driving inflation at the moment.  Try reading.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, LsDoorMat said:

No, not you personally.

6e3a58ea01d9aed0eae76ba5bfe886a4.jpg

"Man, that's who."

15 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

did anyone get a load of Jen Psaki at her press conference today? I never heard so many uh - huhs. she seemed a bit defensive in her tone like she felt she was being unfairly browbeaten. when it was over she scooped up all her papers and took off like she had a hot foot.

that's gonna happen when you're press secretary for an incompotent potus who is lying arrogant and a complete jer* - *ff.

-----------------"we will hunt you down and make you pay."-------------------

oh my he is so fierce.  I hope he has not scared the taliban and isis-k too badly.

just who does he expect us to believe he is going to assign to hunt them down and kill them.?.., he is withdrawing all our troops

just who is he going to put on their tails to hound them to hell?

Jen Psaki and Rear End John Kirby?

You got your lying team mixed up.  Donald Trump and his crew lied about Everything, All the Time!!!  Among press secretaries, Sean Spicer started the ball rolling, Day 1, when he lied about Trump’s inauguration crowds!!  He and those who followed, Sarah HucksterShe Sanders,   Kylie McNinny, etc all had to repeat or invent bald faced lies to the press without skipping a beat, to remain in the employee and good graces of the Orange Pathological Liar-in-Chief.

As for Biden saying he’s going to hunt the terrorists down, do you think it will be with troops of uniformed soldiers!?!  There will be some teams of commandoes, self-sufficient and expertly trained, to hunt and take them out.  Come on now, you’ve seen enough Hollywood action movies with this type of “hero”.  Well at minimum you’ve seen the posters, which you inevitably stated they were Trump, and ascribing all these qualities that he most definitely never possessed!!

20 hours ago, LuckyDan said:

What were the top ten issues before this week?  Do you have a source?  Afghanistan is a symptom that Shoot happens.

I assume you are speaking of the hostage crisis when you say Tehran.  

While Tehran contributed significantly to Carter's loss, there were other important reasons.  His inability to let cabinet and staff do their jobs without micro-managing; the rampant inflation that he inherited from Ford and Nixon and other problems.

If Walter Cronkite and others hadn't dwelled on the hostage crisis every night, the voters might not have considered it as important when voting. 

20 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Pres Biden, his advisors, the various agencies involved and the military did have plans.  Take my word for it from having worked on planning and participated in missions and exercises in the military.  The problem is you cannot plan for every eventuality.  You also cannot have every resource you would like to have.

The GOPers will try to make it a top 10 issue, but you are probably correct in that it probably will not be one for the majority of voters.  It probably will not even be a top 10 issue for people in the military or veterans.  At least not a top 5.

• Thanks 1