Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"...Time for a refresh?"

27 minutes ago, scsu1975 said:

Say, it is just me, or did the fonts used for the forum headings change?

Not only THAT here Rich, but all of our monikers around here are now in uppercase lettering TOO!

(...NOT as you might have guessed, I personally would have ANYTHING against THIS, you understand) ;)

LOL

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, LuckyDan said:

"Then meets now" sounds like a way to impose today's sensibilities on yesterday's movies. 

Uh-huh, and with this very sentence being said during that corporate brainstorming session.

(...and I'll bet whoever said it, got high-fives all around)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, brianNH said:

Millions of dollars in consulting fees and brigades of 14-year-olds assembled in focus groups, and they come up with a way to turn TCM into  TOM.

Who's TOM?  

Yes. Why not spent the money on FILMS TCM has NEVER shown??????????

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Uh-huh, and with this very sentence being said during that corporate brainstorming session.

(...and I'll bet whoever said it, got high-fives all around)

Reminds me of the slogan of Miller Brewing Co. some thirty years ago: "It's it, and that's that!" Memorable for sheer insipidity.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

LuckyDan, I couldn't have said it better myself.

May I quote this on another message board?

My gift to you. (Probably shouldn't use my name. You know....)

• Like 1
Just now, skipd55 said:

Reminds me of the slogan of Miller Brewing Co. some thirty years ago: "It's it, and that's that!" Memorable for sheer insipidity.

Well, what did you expect comin' from a mass-produced American beer company, dude?!!!

I mean, they certainly COULDN'T play on the idea that their product actually TASTES good, now could THEY???!!!

(...and why almost EVERY freakin' mass-produced American beer company has ALWAYS played up the idea of what "fun" one can have while imbiding their swill, ya know!)

I've got a sinking feeling the that peculiar-looking C in the new logo will stand for "coprolitic" as everything old needs to be re-examined in the harsh light of today's virtue theater.  They've been dancing around this for a good year now, and I've yet to hear anything persuasive from any of the hosts.

Well, I imagine the folks over at corporate are now just waiting for the revenue streams to burst the weir.

Brian

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Well, what did you expect comin' from a mass-produced American beer company, dude?!!!

I mean, they certainly COULDN'T play on the idea that their product actually TASTES good, now could THEY???!!!

(...and why almost EVERY freakin' mass-produced American beer company has ALWAYS played up the idea of what "fun" one can have while imbiding their swill, ya know!)

Not talking about beer, Dargo. I'm talking about some of the senseless advertising slogans and catch-phrases unleashed onto the public by corporate America. "Where then meets now" is almost as bad as "It's it, and that's that."

11 minutes ago, skipd55 said:

Not talking about beer, Dargo. I'm talking about some of the senseless advertising slogans and catch-phrases unleashed onto the public by corporate America. "Where then meets now" is almost as bad as "It's it, and that's that."

I know, I know. 

It was just that I couldn't resist raggin' on how lousy mass-produced American beer is, that's all.

(...ya see, about twenty years ago or so and after my first visit to a brew pub/restaurant which a friend of mine had opened up in SoCal and then being introduced to GOOD tasting brews, just the SMELL of a freakin' Budweiser/Miller's/Coors/You Name It Massed-Produced American beer makes me almost sick now days, and has brought me to the point of questioning how I EVER could've drank such swills)

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, brianNH said:

I've got a sinking feeling the that peculiar-looking C in the new logo will stand for "coprolitic" as everything old needs to be re-examined in the harsh light of today's virtue theater. 

It's the brave new world.

Exciting, ain't it.