Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"...Time for a refresh?"

1 minute ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

How does one change their username?     I might update mine getting rid of one of the "z" in jazz,   thus that "r" wouldn't wrap around.

If I recall, go to profile under your user name and then check edit profile in upper right corner.   I did it several months ago to change from The Cid To ElCid.  When I first joined, it would not let me use ElCid, but now it does.

38 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

How does one change their username?     I might update mine getting rid of one of the "z" in jazz,   thus that "r" wouldn't wrap around.

JamesJazzbox scans nicely. Masculine cadence. (Edit: well not masculine unless you stress the B but it's alliterative anyway.)

I don't mind the logo. It's the garish colors that bother me, although in the grand scheme of things, I suppose they aren't a big deal.  I can't imagine how any of the changes made would attract new viewers unless youngsters these days are attracted to shiny colors and slowly panning sets. I contend the best way to attract younger viewers would be to add a big name host that would appeal to their generation.

The new “look” is horrifying!  Really?  Why?  Classic film attracts individuals who are seeking the flavor and aesthetics of a different era.  TCM is not a Motion Picture course at college where everything is dissected and discussed, it is a PAID for by viewers entertainment channel.  The graphics and sounds are in no way alluring or representative of what the channel has always been, CLASSIC.  This is almost as upsetting as the lost MTV format.  

• Like 3
On 9/12/2021 at 2:33 PM, JamesJazGuitar said:

If you change your user name, you know what song I will be posting! But if it's such a subtle change, perhaps that won't be necessary. 

6 minutes ago, Swithin said:

If you change your user name, you know what song I will be posting! But if it's such a subtle change, perhaps that won't be necessary. 

As you can see I already changed it.

8 minutes ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

As you can see I already changed it.

It reads (to me) like James J. Azguitar. I used to think Jakeem was an Arab name, until I realized it was probably Jake Em.

4 minutes ago, Swithin said:

It reads (to me) like James J. Azguitar. I used to think Jakeem was an Arab name, until I realized it was probably Jake Em.

Yea,  someone suggested James_Jazz_Box to separate the words but still avoid the wraparound.   (since 14 is the max  characters).

3 hours ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

Yea,  someone suggested James_Jazz_Box to separate the words but still avoid the wraparound.   (since 14 is the max  characters).

If I were you, I'd have dropped the "James".

I'd just go with "JazzGuitar"

So what if people might end up calling me "Jazz"? It's better than "James".

My opinion.

Me: Do you want to watch a little telly?

Hubby: Yeah; what’s on Tom? 

Still missing the classic logo. The new one just makes me sad. Sad that a beautiful logo so purposefully designed and developed was just cast aside for such a generic-looking, easily misread logotype as this “new coke”. 

• Like 1

I hate that all the jazzy intro things with the black background and the neon squiggles all look alike. Intros for all the hosts appear the same to me, with no indication of personality or anything. Why  do it this way? Looks like some corporate all-sweeping branding for a bank.

• Like 2