Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"...Time for a refresh?"

21 minutes ago, yanceycravat said:

I didn't get my Now Playing Guide yet.  Thought there were supposed to be clues there.

The e-mail sent on the 26th said that the Now Playing Newsletter would come out at 12 pm ET today.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, jvirt53 said:

Guess a refresh look might just be that. 
However, time itself won't ever make you Robert Osborne, Ben.

Long live, TCM!

Give Mankiewicz a break!

Sure he is no Robert Osborne. Who could be? He was never going to replace Osborne, only succeed him.

As is often the case around here, all of this was really Much Ado About Nothing…

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Well, I just viewed a bit of this 'New Look' after watching Freshman Love (1936) this morning.

Hmmm...I do not like it at all.  BUT, it is better then what could of happened I guess.

I just do not understand why they could not just use an Art Deco Look.  It would fit a lot better then this 'Fresh Look'.

This 'Fresh Look' kinda reminds me of 1960's TV when they blasted us with bight colors to push color TV sets of the time...

4 minutes ago, OldDood said:

Well, I just viewed a bit of this 'New Look' after watching Freshman Love (1936) this morning.

Hmmm...I do not like it at all.  BUT, it is better then what could of happened I guess.

I just do not understand why they could not just use an Art Deco Look.  It would fit a lot better then this 'Fresh Look'.

This 'Fresh Look' kinda reminds me of 1960's TV when they blasted us with bight colors to push color TV sets of the time...

So, kind'a like when Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea switched from B&W to color after its first season, OldDood? ;)

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Dargo said:

So, kind'a like when Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea switched from B&W to color after its first season, OldDood? ;)

More like when they promoted 'Batman'.   TV shows of the Mid-1960's were promoting their shows 'In Color'.

To me Art-Deco would be most appropriate since it is a Timeless Design and never goes out of style.

13 minutes ago, OldDood said:

More like when they promoted 'Batman'.   TV shows of the Mid-1960's were promoting their shows 'In Color'.

Right, but I'm sure you know why I referenced "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" up there, don't ya?! ;) Because of your choice of an avatar. 

13 minutes ago, OldDood said:

To me Art-Deco would be most appropriate since it is a Timeless Design and never goes out of style.

Yes, Art Deco is timeless, but I also think Mid-Century is too.

And that's what TCM's new set appears to be in the style of.

(...btw...welcome to the boards)

19 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Right, but I'm sure you know why I referenced "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" up there, don't ya?! ;) Because of your choice of an avatar. 

Yes, Art Deco is timeless, but I also think Mid-Century is too.

And that's what TCM's new set appears to be in the style of.

(...btw...welcome to the boards)

There was a time when Mid-Century Modern was just called "that cheap junk we grew up with," but the MCM moniker allows antique dealers to sell it to Millennials at greatly inflated prices!

1 hour ago, fxreyman said:

Give Mankiewicz a break!

Sure he is no Robert Osborne. Who could be? He was never going to replace Osborne, only succeed him.

As is often the case around here, all of this was really Much Ado About Nothing…

I always give the Young Turk a hard time. He's earned it.

"Much Ado About Nothing…" Agreed.

13 minutes ago, overeasy said:

There was a time when Mid-Century Modern was just called "that cheap junk we grew up with," but the MCM moniker allows antique dealers to sell it to Millennials at greatly inflated prices!

Totally agree.  I thought it was ugly in the 70's and it's still ugly albeit with better "branding."

Just now, yanceycravat said:

I look forward to five years from now when everyone gets worked up because the graphics they got used to are getting changed!

LOL.  Logo changes can be big deals.  I remember when NBC ditched the peacock and interlocking NBC for the block red and blue N in the mid-70s.  Lots of unhappy people back then.

• Thanks 1