Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is going on with TCM quality control

Wrong year of the films; wrong plot descriptions; wrong actor's names... What's going on with TCM. Just saw the plot description for Anna Karenina with Greta Garbo  lisiting Freddie Bartholomew as Count Vronsky instead of Frederick  March!  How many times have the years of 1930s films been listed as 2000 something.  Looked at the profile for Lee Patrick,  character actress in many films such as Maltese Falcon, Mildred Pierce and played Topper's wife on the TV show. In the profile they  kept refering to Ms. Patrick as "he" and "him".  I wrote to TCM about that over a year ago  and they seem to have corrected that although the pictures of Ms.. Patrick are those of Lee Tracey, a male actor!  Also the little synopsis of the various movie plots has been wrong, wrong, wrong on numerous occasions.  Case in point: Ben Mankowitz's description of Desk Set recently stating that Spencer Tracey's character was going to install a computer with the intention of replacing workers in the research department. Not true!  That was never his intention and he states that in the movie!  Even the noir guy recently gave the wrong plot for one of the movies.  There is so much more. TCM has gotten sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. TCM needs new quality control people and fast. I'm looking for a new career so TCM get in touch and I'll show you how it should be done.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mgadler said:

Just saw the plot description for Anna Karenina with Greta Garbo  lisiting Freddie Bartholomew as Count Vronsky instead of Frederick  March!

Where did you just ... saw?

This poster is strangely similar to another I read recently.

2 hours ago, mgadler said:

Freddie Bartholomew as Count Vronsky instead of Frederick  March

Where did you see this?

• Like 1

Reading the opening post brought a smile.  I don't laugh enough and that was funny.   😀

→ Hey, TCM, I wanna see mor films with Irmgard Bergmen,  Bella Lewgozti, Mevloin Duglass, etc do you peepul running TCM unnderstand whut Im' tryinG to say? 

Your failing in your misshun to eddukate vieiwers on klassic flims!  You big dum dummyheads!  Iam so dissapointed in you fore doign this to me!  U peepul suck!  

Signed, a REAlly po'd vieiwer from Great Hump, Wyoming (P.S.  Im' canselling my sbuscirption to TCM rite now!  U wont' get a sent (cent) form me now or forever!  Well I was a loya L fan until u screwed it up!  I'm so angrey rite now i could eat bullets for brkeafust!  Screw yu!)   😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

But you know, the OP has a point of sorts.  I can't list specifics, but I've noticed at times now and then, some of the kind of goofs he(or she) was referring to.  I just never considered them to be that big a deal.  At least not enough to ruin my day or movie watching enjoyment.

Sepiatone

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

But you know, the OP has a point of sorts.  I can't list specifics, but I've noticed at times now and then, some of the kind of goofs he(or she) was referring to.  I just never considered them to be that big a deal.  At least not enough to ruin my day or movie watching enjoyment.

Sepiatone

mgadler does indeed have a point! TCM website administrators and hosts should practice quality control -- or at least, more quality control -- and strive for accuracy. All should be called to task for major gaffes and sloppy reporting.

But in the Age of the Internet (which, alas, is not a perfectly reliable reference), critics, scolds, and watchdogs would do well to spell-check and fact-check (to at least CYA) before going on the attack and dressing down others.

• Thanks 2