Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yvonne De Carlo.


Aritosthenes
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Aritosthenes said:

To (the) Best my Investigative Powers Tell Me, i Think Madam Carlo Is A Canadian By Birth. But in All Genuine Amicable Professionalism, if You Happen to Come Across To The Contrary Let Me Know

Born and raised in British Columbia.  Lived there until she left for Hollywood in 1940.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a beauty!  And so talented.  Not only as an actress, but she could also sing and dance.  Don't forget that she was in the Broadway production of Follies.  An interesting note--During the credits of "Salome, Where She Danced", (which I believe was her first starring role), she was billed as "The Most Beautiful Woman in the World".  I miss her.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/1/2021 at 1:04 AM, Aritosthenes said:

To (the) Best my Investigative Powers Tell Me, i Think Madam Carlo Is A Canadian By Birth. But in All Genuine Amicable Professionalism, if You Happen to Come Across To The Contrary Let Me Know

yeah I was just looking at her IMDb bio. she is from vancouver BC and she had sicilian blood and she said her biological father was polynesian.

what a gorgeous hunk of woman she was. she obviously had very good balance as a dancer and she could sing too.

:)

61jCORr8KGL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Yvonne Tapestry featuring the painting Yvonne De Carlo, Vintage Actress by Esoterica Art Agency

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

yeah I was just looking at her IMDb bio. she is from vancouver BC and she had sicilian blood and she said her biological father was polynesian.

what a gorgeous hunk of woman she was. she obviously had very good balance as a dancer and she could sing too.

:)

61jCORr8KGL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Yvonne Tapestry featuring the painting Yvonne De Carlo, Vintage Actress by Esoterica Art Agency

 

We Might Have Diff er ences in Politics but MAN You Know Your "Stuck Landing" Pictures Sir. KUDOS.

   'Speacially Dig That Top "Come Hither" Picture. 👙🎨

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Aritosthenes said:

We Might Have Diff er ences in Politics but MAN You Know Your "Stuck Landing" Pictures Sir. KUDOS.

   'Speacially Dig That Top "Come Hither" Picture. 👙🎨

You see if one looks,  one can find redeeming qualities in most people.    (of course sometimes it does help to have a magnifying glass!).

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

You see if one looks,  one can find redeeming qualities in most people.    (of course sometimes it does help to have a magnifying glass!).

 

I Like That.

     Very Ironic As Well, As i Thought Of Expressing That Exact Verbatim Riff on That Sentiment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...