Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A New Channel thought

cigarjoe

That "time for a refresh" post got me to thinking.

Imagine a different way of doing things. Besides a Channel devoted to mostly Classic Hollywood Studio Films, we had another one for the post studio era that was devoted mainly to Actors and Director's post Studio Era work, along with later Film Actors and Director's early TV work.

Early TV absorbed a lot of second unit "B" film  Writers, Composers and Cinematographers also. 

On this "new" channel if you had a Star of the Month of say Steve Cochran you'd get a sample of his full spectrum of work from his early mid 1940s films through is film noir to his independent films and early TV work, say Boston **** Booked on Suspicion 1945, White Heat 1949, Highway 301 1950, Private Hell 36 1954, The Ford Television Theatre (TV Series) - The Menace of Hasty Heights (1956) and  Trip Around the Block (1954), Il Grido 1957, I Mobster 1959, The Beat Generation 1959, The Twilight Zone (TV Series)  What You Need (1959), Naked City (TV Series) Debt of Honor (1960), Route 66 (TV Series) ..Shall Forfeit His Dog and Ten Shillings to the King (1963),  Mozambique 1964 and his last film Tell Me in the Sunlight 1965. 

I'd work the other way for early TV stars that made it to Hollywood you'd get a nice cherry picked sample of their best TV work and films. 

Works for me Joe.  Considering even BRAVO moved on to showing those idiotic "Real Housewives" shows, a new channel showing pre mid 20th century entertainment  is right up my alley.  

MOVIES! channel  already has their "Iconathons" of various long time studio and beyond  movie stars.  But they don't get as involved as you suggest.  So.....

Get it started.  I might even consider buying stock in it!  ;) 

Sepiatone

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings