Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Roku Watch TCM app crashes after installing updated app

I am wondering if this is not only an app issue, but a cable company issue, namely Spectrum. Are all Roku Watch TCM app outages originating with Spectrum?

Please respond with your cable company if it is NOT Spectrum??

Installed latest build 85.

On a newer Roku (2021 Ultra) it works ok (not perfect but it does function) but on an older model Roku 2 it is terribly slow to load and when trying to watch an archived film the entire Roku crashes.

The graphic flashing "C" garbage (whats up with that?) seems to overwhelm the processor on older Roku's.

Both devices worked great prior to this catastrophic version.

We all are here for the films not the graphics.

If you can't fix it now so its functional on all Roku's how about a roll back to the prior version which worked until you're able to roll out a bug free  version

3 hours ago, JenJonMc said:

I am wondering if this is not only an app issue, but a cable company issue, namely Spectrum. Are all Roku Watch TCM app outages originating with Spectrum?

I'm on a different cable provider so its not the cable company its the App itself.

Great news – Watch TCM on Roku devices has been fixed! Thanks to the information provided by our customers, we were able to identify the issue and release an update to Roku.

If you’re still experiencing the crashing issue, you may need to manually update the app. To do this, press the * button on your Roku remote while the Watch TCM channel icon is highlighted on the main home screen, then select “Check for updates”.

If you need any assistance, please go to tcm.com and submit your questions.
21 hours ago, JenJonMc said:

not a cable issue, we have Verizon. 

I was also having this issue on my Roku with Spectrum as provider. The issue has been fixed as of Wed, Sep 8 with the app update. Thanks to the TCM team for resolving the issue and getting the update out so quickly!

• 2 weeks later...

This issue has not been fixed. I have Frontier and they have tried to resolve it and it will start working and then the same thing will happen again the day after they fix it. It has been 23 days since the TCM upgrade and it has given me the problem since the.