Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

what I have to absorb and put up with

so yesterday I get an email from optics4birding saying my order for a minox 8x25 macroscope monocular has been cancelled...the scruds!

I wanted to know why. it's no longer available they say. when you want something bad enough you doan give up. the optics4birding scruds kept me waiting for 2 months.

you doan do that to an angelic person like me. hey, I'm special. :D so what I did was do an image search for the minox 8x25 on google which I knew would yield plenty of reference info. a uk source but there it was. it will become a much sought after optics prize...BUT after I get mine.

hey, I'm special.

:)

MS 8x25 Macroscope™

On 9/3/2021 at 10:55 AM, NipkowDisc said:

minox a german conpany was famous for miniature spy cameras during WWll.

minoxchain.jpg

The Dallas Police found and listed a Minox "spy" camera and exposed film in the possessions of Lee Harvey Oswald.  The camera went missing when the FBI took possession but they never explained the Oswald Minox exposed film without an accompanying camera.

For those that do not remember, U.S. Marine Oswald defected to the USSR then several years later waltzed back into the U.S. no questions asked.  All during the height of the Cold War!

• Like 2
On 9/3/2021 at 7:55 AM, NipkowDisc said:

minox a german conpany was famous for miniature spy cameras during WWll.

1930's Spy Camera: The Minox Riga » ISO50 Blog – The Blog of Scott Hansen  (Tycho / ISO50)

Minox Riga: A Subminiature Spy Camera from the 1930s | PetaPixel

So you purchased Nazi technology.  Makes sense, since you support America’s own fascist would-be Fuhrer, Donald Trump.

• Haha 1
On 9/2/2021 at 2:43 PM, NipkowDisc said:

so yesterday I get an email from optics4birding saying my order for a minox 8x25 macroscope monocular has been cancelled...the scruds!

I wanted to know why. it's no longer available they say. when you want something bad enough you doan give up. the optics4birding scruds kept me waiting for 2 months.

you doan do that to an angelic person like me. hey, I'm special. :D so what I did was do an image search for the minox 8x25 on google which I knew would yield plenty of reference info. a uk source but there it was. it will become a much sought after optics prize...BUT after I get mine.

hey, I'm special.

Whine, whine, whine.  How pathetic!

Oswald was interviewed twice by the FBI after his return to the U.S. It is also possible that he was

debriefed by the CIA after his return. The CIA didn't debrief most returning defectors. I doubt

they discovered anything from Oswald about the U.S.S.R. Oswald being Oswald, he was much disappointed

that the media didn't cover his return to the U.S. He probably thought he should have been on the cover

of Time. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I doan have anything approaching 20-20 vision so if a handheld optic can help me in the out of doors I will procure what I feel might be a good aid for my gawkers.

creep-face.gif

• Like 1

it's here! it's here! it's here!

my minox 8x25 macroscope. 

it has the best focus and sharpness of any optic I've gotten yet.

it has been discontinued so get one now while you can.

http://optics-trade.eu

22 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

Now you can be quite.

22 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

Yes,  now you can continue your pursuit.    (of what,  I really don't wish to know).

creep-face.gif

I am very pleased with my new minox macroscope monocular. the focus and sharpness are phenomally superb. one reviewer said something was causing some internal reflection and I did notice it but my happiness at the superbity if the image makes me not care. it was on the left and I only saw it at a certain angle looking in but it was hardly a view spoiler. hey, these kraut optics guys have produced a superior monocular probably one of the finest in the world today.  

51 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

I know who this guy is...

it's Mr. Ardonian from Kiss the Girls and Make Them Die doing a martin landau impression.

:D

I thought that was a picture of james the guitar jazz himself - his new signature.

• Haha 1