Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Days of Heaven Is Airing On TCM Right Now Instead Of Bugsy?

jasoncinema1

5 hours ago, jasoncinema1 said:

Did rights issues come up, thus “Days of Heaven” is airing unannounced instead of the scheduled “Bugsy” right now? I’m not complaining - it’s always nice to see a Malick film on the channel, I’m just curious.

Thanks for the notice.  TCM has started a pattern of being unreliable in updating their online schedule.  They did something similar when they replaced Fluffy for Tony Randall's day during Summer Under the Stars and didn't post it.  After looking this morning I see that the online schedule service Zap2It, for example, does show Days of Heaven in place of Bugsy, so I guess we're going to have to double-check everything with other services if we want to be sure of what's going to be shown.

🙁

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, cmovieviewer said:

Thanks for the notice.  TCM has started a pattern of being unreliable in updating their online schedule.  They did something similar when they replaced Fluffy for Tony Randall's day during Summer Under the Stars and didn't post it.  After looking this morning I see that the online schedule service Zap2It, for example, does show Days of Heaven in place of Bugsy, so I guess we're going to have to double-check everything with other services if we want to be sure of what's going to be shown.

🙁

Sounds like they still have the update intervals set too far apart for their silly new schedule website (I had noticed this before, back when both data sources were still known and we could compare them side by side).  It is updated so infrequently that basically anyone else's site with access is going to show changes from the master first.  :rolleyes:

(Replying to MOVIECOLLECTOROH's comment)

Sad to say there seems to be a category of changes that never show up in the current schedule system.  When Fluffy went down, the online TCM schedule was never updated to show the change, same for Bugsy today.  (I checked Fluffy in the monthly schedule a day after the change and it was still there.  Same thing for Bugsy today.)  (As you know, the daily schedule removes old listings at the end of the day, but the monthly schedule keeps everything through the end of the month.)  The process TCM uses to notify other services when programming is changed seems to be disconnected from TCM's own website.

I went ahead and made a request in the 'Problems with TCM.com' forum asking them to update things online when changes are made, if that means anything...

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, cmovieviewer said:

(Replying to MOVIECOLLECTOROH's comment)

Sad to say there seems to be a category of changes that never show up in the current schedule system.  When Fluffy went down, the online TCM schedule was never updated to show the change, same for Bugsy today.  (I checked Fluffy in the monthly schedule a day after the change and it was still there.  Same thing for Bugsy today.)  (As you know, the daily schedule removes old listings at the end of the day, but the monthly schedule keeps everything through the end of the month.)  The process TCM uses to notify other services when programming is changed seems to be disconnected from TCM's own website.

I went ahead and made a request in the 'Problems with TCM.com' forum asking them to update things online when changes are made, if that means anything...

Might still be a symptom of the same issue.  Basically they have no need to update after air time.  If the Monthly was a snapshot in time of the Daily, which I suspect it is, then each day of the month would just be frozen afterwards and not updated any further.  Thanks for reporting it.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings