Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

" Harriet Craig "

Mr. Movie

I've seen this movie for years.  Something occurred to me today.  When Harriet comes in the kitchen.  Says to Mrs. Harold.  " You haven't served the coffee! "  Lottie says it's my fault.  I wanted to bring Miss. Raymond a tray.  Can't Mrs. Harold serve the coffee?

I love this film!  I think it’s one of Crawford’s best.  As for your question, Mr. Movie, I guess Mrs. Harold could have served the coffee, but perhaps a pecking order existed among the servants, and that fell under Lottie’s duties.  Didn’t Lottie actually wear a maid’s outfit, and Mrs Harold was attired in everyday clothing?  I think she’d been there since Mr. Craig was a boy.  I remember her standing up for Lottie, when Harriet belittles her, so she was a good soul.  I think of this movie a lot , especially when I find myself being too particular about things around the house!  Then, I tell myself to “lighten up”!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings