Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My cable service claims it's not them.  But this morning, I hit the "guide" button on my cable's remote and got YESTERDAY'S line-up!  And what's playing today(thanks to the channel's "what's next" feature between movies)  is listed in the guide for tomorrow!  

Anybody else dealing with this issue?   My cable service tells me they use info they get from each channel they carry as to the day's programming.  And all the other channel listings are spot on.  

Sepiatone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is it just the guide info that's off?   Today they're showing Scaramouche,  The Very Thought of You,  Lizzie,  and the evening movie should be Modern Times with Charlie Chaplain.

Sepiatone:  I'm in New Hampshire and my channel guide for TCM is all messed up today.  Things have been a little wonky for the last couple of days.  But I started to think something was really fishy when "The Romance of Rosy Ridge" runs from 4:00 pm to after 10:00 tonight!   Thought it might be the 2nd Unit Director's cut that we've been promised for so long.

Brian

• Haha 4
4 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

My cable service claims it's not them.  But this morning, I hit the "guide" button on my cable's remote and got YESTERDAY'S line-up!  And what's playing today(thanks to the channel's "what's next" feature between movies)  is listed in the guide for tomorrow!  

Anybody else dealing with this issue?   My cable service tells me they use info they get from each channel they carry as to the day's programming.  And all the other channel listings are spot on.  

Sepiatone

I noticed that this morning on youtube TV.  I watched The Red House yesterday and then noticed it was on the schedule again for today.  Didn't actually go to the channel to see what was playing.

And I've just noticed that MY cable guide is showing Groundhog Day for the next three days on every channel!

(...sure is a good thing I like Bill Murray, huh)

• Haha 3
27 minutes ago, Dargo said:

And I've just noticed that MY cable guide is showing Groundhog Day for the next three days on every channel!

(...sure is a good thing I like Bill Murray, huh)

That was funny;  Well at least TCM is showing multiple Eleanor Parker films.     In color with that red hair she is a knockout.

Sound of Music' Actress Eleanor Parker Dies

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Sepiatone

yeah, my DTV guide is messed up re: TCM  :unsure:

found THIS on their FB page..........

==========================================

"Turner Classic Movies: TCM

Hello, We are aware of the scheduling issue some of you are encountering with your cable lineup and have forwarded it to the appropriate team. Meanwhile, you can see the most up-to-date schedule on either the Daily Schedule page or the Monthly Schedule page on the TCM website: https://www.tcm.com/. "
1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

yeah, my DTV guide is messed up re: TCM  :unsure:

found THIS on their FB page..........

==========================================

"Turner Classic Movies: TCM

Hello, We are aware of the scheduling issue some of you are encountering with your cable lineup and have forwarded it to the appropriate team. Meanwhile, you can see the most up-to-date schedule on either the Daily Schedule page or the Monthly Schedule page on the TCM website: https://www.tcm.com/. "

That's nice, TCM.  But a lot of DVRs are set up to record a program based on the guide, and not start/stop times, so it makes it difficult to record a program (and then it's tagged with the wrong title thereafter).

• Thanks 1

Everybody recording  today was screwed Here in Canada it is the same. I just hope Out of the Blue will show up correctly I will stand guard as it a premiere for me also,

16 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

That was funny;  Well at least TCM is showing multiple Eleanor Parker films.     In color with that red hair she is a knockout.

Sound of Music' Actress Eleanor Parker Dies

And to prove your point, you post a BLACK AND WHITE photo?   :rolleyes:

Sepiatone

I think maybe the brief Spectrum pop-ups I get on my TV screen are a day behind what is actually showing. Possibly this is a nationwide or worldwide error. But since I determine what's playing on TCM entirely from getting on my laptop, what my TV screen says is of no importance to me.

TCM made some changes to the schedule early this morning that illustrate some issues with the Daily Schedule web site.

The way the schedule is set up, each movie is essentially a separate record.  Unfortunately, sometimes TCM makes changes to the schedule by adding a new record without deleting a previous record for the same movie or start time.

The changes made this morning were for late Sunday evening and late Wednesday evening.

Here's the way Sunday looks right now on the Daily Schedule (times are ET):

SUNDAY Sep 12
    TCM DAYTIME
    2021-09-12  06:00 AM   musical  Born to Dance (1936) 108m
    2021-09-12  08:00 AM   musical  Follow the Fleet (1936) 110m
    2021-09-12  10:00 AM   susp     Drive a Crooked Road (1954) 83m
    2021-09-12  11:45 AM   drama    From Here to Eternity (1953) 118m
    2021-09-12  02:00 PM   comedy   The Awful Truth (1937) 90m
    2021-09-12  03:45 PM   drama    Zorba the Greek (1964) 142m
    2021-09-12  06:15 PM   comedy   Prisoner Of Second Avenue, The (1974) 105m
    TCM PRIMETIME
    2021-09-12  08:00 PM   musical  Show Boat (1936) 110m
    2021-09-12  10:15 PM   advent   Sanders of the River (1935) 98m
    2021-09-12  11:45 PM   drama    Big Fella (1937) 73m
    2021-09-13  01:15 AM   silent   Mare Nostrum (1926) 110m
> 2021-09-13  01:15 AM   silent   The Flying Fleet (1929) 87m
    2021-09-13  03:15 AM   drama    Blind Chance (1981) 122m

You can see that the schedule is now showing 2 movies at the same 1:15 AM start time.

I compared this with other online schedule services and The Flying Fleet has actually replaced Mare Nostrum on the schedule at 1:15 AM.

Something similar for late Wednesday:

WEDNESDAY Sep 15
    TCM DAYTIME
    2021-09-15  06:00 AM   musical  About Face (1952) 94m
    2021-09-15  08:00 AM   crime    Backfire (1950) 91m
    2021-09-15  10:00 AM   musical  Daughter of Rosie O'Grady, The (1950) 104m
    2021-09-15  12:00 PM   musical  Three Sailors and a Girl (1953) 95m
    2021-09-15  02:00 PM   musical  On Moonlight Bay (1951) 95m
    2021-09-15  04:00 PM   musical  By the Light of the Silvery Moon (1953) 102m
    2021-09-15  06:00 PM   musical  The Desert Song (1953) 110m
    TCM PRIMETIME
    2021-09-15  08:00 PM   war      Back to Bataan (1945) 97m
    2021-09-15  10:00 PM   comedy   The Strawberry Blonde (1941) 97m
    2021-09-16  12:00 AM   drama    Intruder in the Dust (1949) 89m
    2021-09-16  01:45 AM   comedy   Susan and God (1940) 115m
> 2021-09-16  02:00 AM   comedy   Susan and God (1940) 115m
    2021-09-16  04:00 AM   advent   Tycoon (1947) 128m

You can see that now there are 2 different start times for Susan and God.  According to other online schedule services, the start time for Susan and God has been pushed back to 2:00 am ET.

So basically the old records should have been deleted and replaced with the new records.

Bottom line, it looks like Mare Nostrum late Sunday has been replaced with The Flying Fleet and the start time for Susan and God late Wednesday has been pushed back to 2 AM.

I checked my cable provider program guide, and unfortunately these changes are not yet showing up there.  So if you wanted to program your DVR accordingly, you would have to do  it manually.  Perhaps (hopefully) this information will be changed before the start of the movies.

Moving forward, I really wish TCM would fix their schedule update process so these duplications do not occur.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just a follow up -

My cable program guide now has the change replacing Mare Nostrum with The Flying Fleet this evening at 1:15 am and the new start time for Susan and God at 2 am late Wednesday evening, so it appears TCM has sent the changes to the cable providers.

Edit: The TCM Daily and Monthly schedules have now been fixed.  Unfortunately, there was no Silent Sunday Nights introduction from Jacqueline Stewart on the evening of the 12th because of the schedule change.