Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for name of a movie about a family that hires axe murderess as maid

LsDoorMat

The movie was made around 1972. I have no recollection of the actors. The film opens with a woman putting on makeup, wearing lingerie, blood spattered, while her axe murdered boyfriend lays nearby. The police come and take her away. The film says that this happened in 1945. Cut to current day and a middle aged fat woman gets off the bus from prison and somehow ends up employed by a rich family as a maid. Through conversation we learn that she had a baby in prison and had to put it up for adoption. Apparently she murdered her boyfriend when he refused to marry her. But she doesn't have the axe murderess in her completely out of her system yet. It had a weird theme at the beginning of the film when you see the woman get off the bus and walk along the road, suitcase in hand - kind of like really bad country and western music with no vocals. 

I asked this same question awhile back but nobody ever answered. So I thought I'd try again. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2021 at 11:25 AM, Dargo said:

Kind'a sounds like it might be Strait-Jacket (1964) starring Joan Crawford.

It was not Straight-Jacket. The woman playing the ax murderer was somebody I had never seen before, and even in the 1970s I knew who Joan Crawford was.  Plus the woman had her baby in prison and the baby was put up for adoption. The woman had no idea where she was when she got out of jail.  Thanks for answering though. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Gorman said:

I'll take a stab at it.  Maybe it's CRAZY FAT ETHEL (1975)?  Also known as "Criminally Insane". 

Thanks for trying, but no that is not it. The woman just happened to be fat, it was not part of the plot.  I had another one I was seeking for years that I had seen in 1974 that I thought was "Sole Survivors". LawrenceA did  a review of it once and it turned out to be "Chosen Survivors". I read his review and recognized the plot. But it seems nobody remembers this one.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings