Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Personal List of What Still Needs to be Shown from COLUMBIA PICTURES.

cody1949

The following films from Columbia Pictures have yet to be shown on TCM. Please feel free to add to this list.Also let me know if any of these films are no longer under SONY'S control. Many thanks. THE 13th HOUR KISS AND TELL THE KING STEPS OUT NIGHT EDITOR SHADOWS IN THE NIGHT SO YOU WON'T TALK TWO SENORITAS FROM CHICAGO PERILOUS HOLIDAY SHE COULDN'T TAKE IT ESCAPE TO GLORY THIS THING CALLED LOVE THE WALLS CAME TUMBLING DOWN I LOVE TROUBLE [1948] TWO YANKS IN TRINIDAD BLIND SPOT THUNDERHOOF ADVENTURES IN SILVERADO MEET NERO WOLFE LEAGUE OF FRIGHTENED GENTLEMEN STRANGE AFFAIR THE ADVENTURES OF MARTIN EDEN EVER SINCE VENUS SO DARK THE NIGHT BEAUTIFUL BUT BROKE THE SWORDSMAN THE BLACK ARROW THE MOST PRECIOUS THING IN LIFE THE MISSING JUROR THE LONE WOLF RETURNS TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH 10 RILLINGTON PLACE THE FOUR POSTER DEATH OF A SALESMAN THE BRAVE BULLS I tried to edit this list to make it clearer to you with a / mark so you wouldn't find it so difficult to read. I failed.

Edited by: cody1949 on Sep 22, 2009 8:35 PM

Edited by: cody1949 on Sep 22, 2009 9:02 PM

I truly meant nothing mean-spiritied -- the boards have been screwing up in different ways today (as in different from the ways they normally screw up), so I didn't know if the unusual presentation was your idea or the software's.

For my purposes, it doesn't matter -- it's my nature to be open to moments of unintentional humor. I was just pointing out what I found funny, and I didn't mean to poke fun at anyone.

> {quote:title=hamradio wrote:}{quote}

> Just use our old friend, the trusty reliable comma , for example The 13th Hour, Kiss and Tell, The King Steps Out.

Semicolons (;) are better; they allow you to separate without confusion titles that may, themselves, contain commas.

As for Columbia titles that need airing, I nominate STATE SECRET (a.k.a. THE GREAT MAN HUNT, 1950) starring Douglas Fairbanks, jr; Jack Hawkins; Glynnis Johns; and Herbert Lom, a little-known British-made thriller (made the same year, and with largely the same basic story as the Richard Brooks-directed, Cary Grant-starring CRISIS) shot on the Adriatic coast, that's one of the best examples of pseudo-Hitchcock ever made.

"Long live General Neva!"

NIGHT CLUB LADY (1932)

COCKTAIL HOUR (1933)

NIGHT OF TERROR (1933)

SO THIS IS AFRICA (1933)

FOG (1934)

THE NINTH GUEST (1934)

THE BEST MAN WINS (1935)

ALIBI FOR MURDER (1936)

THE MAN WHO LIVED TWICE (1936)

MURDER IN GREENWICH VILLAGE (1937)

Many JACK HOLT features

BACHELOR GIRL (1929)

TRIAL MARRIAGE (1929)

Ellery Queen series w/ RALPH BELLAMY & WILLIAM GARGAN

I agree wholeheartedly with your desire to have STATE SECRET screened on TCM.I have been suggesting this movie for a long time.I believe it was a London Films release and TCM has shown many of their films already. Who cares whether it was Columbia or London Films;just please show the movie.

> {quote:title=cody1949 wrote:}{quote}

> I agree wholeheartedly with your desire to have STATE SECRET screened on TCM.I have been suggesting this movie for a long time.I believe it was a London Films release and TCM has shown many of their films already. Who cares whether it was Columbia or London Films;just please show the movie.

Columbia holds U.S. rights to the film.