Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movie name help…or Stars in the movie?

We have been searching for the name of a comedy movie from the 60’s. The plot involves a widow and her 3 young boys who live near a Navy base, I believe. Her brother lives with her, or on the property. She develops a love interest with an Officer from the Navy base. Her boys get into mischief throughout the movie, which catches the attention of the Navy base. I think her brother does weather experiments, because a big scene is when one of the children floats off in his weather balloon. The entire town and Navy base chase the balloon over land and water trying to rescue the boy. My kids loved this movie, and I have been trying to remember the name, or any of the stars in the movie for months, without success. Please, can anyone help us out with this conundrum? 

13 minutes ago, rebel said:

We have been searching for the name of a comedy movie from the 60’s. The plot involves a widow and her 3 young boys who live near a Navy base, I believe. Her brother lives with her, or on the property. She develops a love interest with an Officer from the Navy base. Her boys get into mischief throughout the movie, which catches the attention of the Navy base. I think her brother does weather experiments, because a big scene is when one of the children floats off in his weather balloon. The entire town and Navy base chase the balloon over land and water trying to rescue the boy. My kids loved this movie, and I have been trying to remember the name, or any of the stars in the movie for months, without success. Please, can anyone help us out with this conundrum? 

A Ticklish Affair (1963) with Shirley Jones and Gig Young. I think TCM has shown it, but probably not very often.

Oh Yes! You are brilliant. No, TCM does not air it often. We originally viewed it on TCM,  but I have not seen it in the listings since. Thank you so much for your reply. You took a load off my mind and made my day!

• Like 1
9 hours ago, rebel said:

Oh Yes! You are brilliant. No, TCM does not air it often. We originally viewed it on TCM,  but I have not seen it in the listings since. Thank you so much for your reply. You took a load off my mind and made my day!

You may have trouble tracking this down, A quick search of Amazon and e-bay only turned up posters and promotional material. Good luck.

MovieCollectorOH's list shows that it has aired 27 times on TCM, most recently in January 2020.  That's about once a year on average, so the odds are good that you'll see it pop up sometime on TCM.

It doesn't appear to have been released on home video, and isn't available on streaming services, per reelgood.com.  It has a 0/100 Streamability score.

I'm partial to fluffy 60s comedies, but I've not heard of this one.  I'll have to check it out.