Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Warm, Happy, Healthy Seventy-Seventh (& Seven Day) Birthday Wishes to Madam Jacqueline Bisset. Born, Winifred Jacqueline Fraser Bisset LdH. Sept 13th. 1944. Weybridge United Kingdom.

SUCH Pretty Eyes. Effortless, Lovely Personality In/On Film. (At Least the Performances Im Familiar With). Along with (Among Other, Additional Superlatives); A GORGEOUS BackSide, "At" Rest.

2 hours ago, Aritosthenes said:

Im Sorry to hear You have no apparent regard for Ms Bisset. I See You Like Your Cartoons Though. Its Rather Ironic

So, WHY did you title this thread CATHY?

Sepiatone

I actually like these threads. They start out as birthday threads but morph into discussions of the actors' work.  And the thread title adds a bit of mystery as to the content. (Cathy is Ms. Bisset's character in Bullitt.)

Bisset+on+the+stern+of+Sunkiss.jpg

Ms. Bisset in The Deep (1977). The director Peter Yates said "That T-shirt made me a rich man!"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TopBilled said:

Why not create one big birthdays-related thread. 

And cover all the Cathys, Heathcliffs, TomsDicksandHarrys together.

Just a thought!

Im Sure i Would Forget Some. lol

Apologies for this Dumb, Stupid Elephant in the Room Question and Clarification (lol). Just one big - All Encompassing Birthday Thread.. then just add onto that same post as time goes by ?

But why not her character's name in THE DEEP up there?

Or some other character's name from some other movie she was in?  In fact, Why not HER name instead of a character from some movie she was in that not everybody liked or even CARED about?  

That's just so damned silly.

Sepiatone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

But why not her character's name in THE DEEP up there?

Or some other character's name from some other movie she was in?  In fact, Why not HER name instead of a character from some movie she was in that not everybody liked or even CARED about?  

That's just so damned silly.

Sepiatone

Fair Enough. For Me, That Was Just the Character and Performance i Lighted Upon. No middle finger to any of Her Other Performances. While Good Heavens, this is Not Ironclad; i Decided (Perhaps Foolishly as You Point Out) and Naively.. to Name Off A Character of Said Artist, For Those Performers Who Are With Us Today. And Mention the Performer/Artist By Name if They Are No Longer With You and Me In the Flesh.

With Respect to the Choice of Roles. It'd Be Darn Near Impossible to Light Upon "that" One Role That Resonates and Vibes with Everyone Here. Thatd be like hitting a golf hole in one from a helicopter.

And that is in NO Offense Nor Dissrespect to Yourself Sepi. Or Anyone Here.

Am Open (in my quirky, stilted, abstract way), to tinker on this if theres better idea(s) around. (Such As TopBilled, Above.)

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TopBilled said:

Just a thought!

If.. i Understand You Correctly. That Might Take Some of the Fun Out of It. But.. i Could be Delusional... Lol.

• Haha 1

Just mention whose birthday it is in the title.  What's so difficult about that?   Then you could have avoided all this brou-ha. But then, if some actress or actor starred as some ICONIC movie character( as CLINT EASTWOOD as DIRTY HARRY)  we all might know who you then mean .  Or say, if you wish to extend posthumous birthday greetings to a particular actor by titling  the thread "Hud", then we all might think the thread is either about the movie, or at least about Paul Newman.  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Aritosthenes said:

If.. i Understand You Correctly. That Might Take Some of the Fun Out of It. But.. i Could be Delusional... Lol.

(I'm not touching this one, folks...I am NOT.  TOUCHING. this one.)  😂

4 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Just a thought!

We have that over at Badmovies.  I admit, I didn't realize right away with all that thar deference who's birthday it was...

2 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Or say, if you wish to extend posthumous birthday greetings to a particular actor by titling  the thread "Hud", then we all might think the thread is either about the movie, or at least about Paul Newman. 

...or PATRICIA NEAL... or BRANDON DeWILDE or MELVYN DOUGLAS...

This so called brouhaha is a tempest in a teapot. There are lots of threads that I don't like, but they're expressions of the unique style of the poster.  I think we're not all so simple that we can't tolerate a little fun and mystery in a thread title. 

I just wish the promiscuous creation of excessive threads in the "Games" section would cease!

• Thanks 1

Thing is, when the style gets so "Unique" that it's unreadable, baffling and anti-conversational, it stops being "Creativity", and something a lot more specifically diagnosable...

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Aritosthenes said:

I am sure you'd still manage to have fun with one big all-encompassing thread. :) 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

I am sure you'd still manage to have fun with one big all-encompassing thread. :) 

I doubt that. Apparently a great deal of the fun is to think up "clever" (and necessarily misleading) thread titles designed to aggrieve the judicious.

I mean if I, for example, were so afflicted with the obsessive desire to engage in click baiting, what fun could there be in having one catch-all blanket thread title for all my birthdays? Where's the fun in that??

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, laffite said:

I doubt that. Apparently a great deal of the fun is to think up "clever" (and necessarily misleading) thread titles designed to aggrieve the judicious.

I mean if I, for example, were so afflicted with the obsessive desire to engage in click baiting, what fun could there be in having one catch-all blanket thread title for all my birthdays? Where's the fun in that??

Such a blanket thread would be like the obituary thread, which I think is disrespectful to the dearly departed. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Swithin said:

Such a blanket thread would be like the obituary thread, which I think is disrespectful to the dearly departed. 

I love the individual obituaries which posters contribute to this forum and all the wonderful comments other posters add to them. I also like the Obituary thread, however. Not everyone gets their own personal thread on these forums, and  so I see it as kind of like reading the weekly obituaries in the Sunday paper. I would have missed many of these announcements otherwise.  Also, if you'll pardon a bit of Gallows Humor, the thread is never far off the front page of the general discussions section.

• Like 1