Find results in...

GABBY PETITO

JakeHolman

10 hours ago, mr6666 said:

let it go, Tom

it's just GabbyDS..........

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e474xcpwusbxltmfk35v0

-_-

The social media seems to be on fire with this murder for whatever reason. Ironic if that's the real reason behind Jake's jumping on the bandwagon to create this thread, especially since he is so fond of referring to people as "sheeple."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

I'm sad this young woman is dead, but the news media is saturating coverage of her death because she is a young, blonde, pretty white girl.  I don't think it is just because she is white. It's pretty privilege following her into the grave. If this was a homely white girl or an obese white girl, the news media would not be covering this at all.  Even Jake who is bombarding us with posts over this has got to know this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These post reminded me of a movie scene.

"Poor Little Rich Girl" (1936)

Jerry Dolan (talking to police).....I want the Department of Missing Persons........DOMP Is there anybody missing?....Oh thousands of people, that's very interesting.  Did  anybody report a kid missing by the name of Betsy Ware?......No Record?........Oh no I don't want to make a report. ............Not at the moment,  No if we ever have a kid missing by that name we'll let you know.

PLRG-missing.png

:wacko:

1 hour ago, JakeHolman said:

Bulletin:  there's an ignore feature or simply don't open the thread.

Are you so incapable of responding to a reasonable question, why this murder is so important to you, Jake, that this "bulletin" is the best you can come up with as an "answer?"

I guess you figure this looks better than saying "Because she was a pretty white girl."

• Thanks 3

From the Wikipedia:

Missing white woman syndrome

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Missing white woman syndrome is a term used by social scientists[1][2][3] and media commentators to refer to the alleged disproportionate media coverage, especially in television,[4] of missing-person cases involving young, whiteupper-middle-class women or girls compared to the relative lack of attention towards missing women who are not white, women of lower social classes, and missing men or boys.[5][6] Although the term was coined in the context of missing-person cases, it is sometimes used of coverage of other violent crimes. The phenomenon has been highlighted in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and South Africa.[7]

American news anchor Gwen Ifill is widely considered the originator of the phrase.[6] Charlton McIlwain defined the syndrome as “white women occupying a privileged role as violent crime victims in news media reporting", and concludes that missing white woman syndrome functions as a type of racial hierarchy in the cultural imagery of the West.[8] Eduardo Bonilla-Silva categorized the racial component of missing white woman syndrome as a "form of racial grammar, through which white supremacy is normalized by implicit or even invisible standards".[1]

The phenomenon has led to a number of tough on crime measures, mainly on the right, that were named for white women who disappeared and were subsequently found harmed.[9][10] In addition to race and class, factors such as supposed attractiveness, body size and youthfulness have been identified as unfair criteria in the determination of newsworthiness in coverage of missing women.[11] News coverage of missing black women was more likely to focus on the victim's problems, such as abusive boyfriends or a troubled past, while coverage of white women often tend to focus on their roles as mothers or daughters.[12]

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, LsDoorMat said:

From the Wikipedia:

Missing white woman syndrome

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Missing white woman syndrome is a term used by social scientists[1][2][3] and media commentators to refer to the alleged disproportionate media coverage, especially in television,[4] of missing-person cases involving young, whiteupper-middle-class women or girls compared to the relative lack of attention towards missing women who are not white, women of lower social classes, and missing men or boys.[5][6] Although the term was coined in the context of missing-person cases, it is sometimes used of coverage of other violent crimes.

Unless the boy is that of a famous white person.

anro-lindbergh-lede-2104-2560x1440-2.jpg

1 hour ago, TomJH said:

Are you so incapable of responding to a reasonable question, why this murder is so important to you, Jake, that this "bulletin" is the best you can come up with as an "answer?"

I guess you figure this looks better than saying "Because she was a pretty white girl."

It's either that, or he couldn't find an appropriate twitter feed to respond with.  :rolleyes:  I mean...

You couldn't have possibly expected him to use his own words!   Look at his post history.  ;) 

Sepiatone