Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GABBY PETITO


JakeHolman
 Share

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, LsDoorMat said:

I think the fame of this case came from the fame of the father at a time when all famous Americans were white people, usually white guys. 

Aparently  the word kidnapping exist  since the Lindbergh case' i do not know if is true.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From a Washington Post article in November 2020 called "The Perfect Victim". 

"In 1974, Martha Cunningham, a 34-year-old Black woman, disappeared in Knoxville, Tenn., on her way to a New Year’s Eve church service, according to her sister, Jessie Lane Downs. When they found her body, police told local reporters, it was covered in bruises; an autopsy noted that her purse and jewelry were missing, that her stockings and underwear had been pulled down to her thighs, and that her dress and slip had been pulled up.

Still, the autopsy found “no obvious cause of death.” Noting Cunningham’s history of seizures, local authorities told the Knoxville News-Sentinel that the death appeared to be from natural causes.

In 1977, Mary Ann Jenkins, a 22-year-old Black woman, was found naked but for her jewelry; officials in Illinois incorrectly concluded that she had been killed in a lightning strike."

The article is about Samuel Little, serial killer. More from the article:

 

"Though Brosley was White, at least 68 of Little’s victims were Black, according to officials, news reports and Little’s confessions. At least three were Hispanic and one was Native American. Several had mental disabilities. At least one was a transgender woman.

During an interview with investigators in Ohio, obtained by The Post, Little disturbingly referred to his victims as succulent fruits he could enjoy without penalty.

“I’d go back to the same city sometimes and pluck me another grape. How many grapes do you all got on the vine here?” he said. He boasted of avoiding “people who would be immediately missed.” For example, he said, “I’m not going to go over there into the White neighborhood and pick out a little teenage girl.”

The whole article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/national/samuel-little-serial-killer/part-one/

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

Fox News Channel

UT park ranger tried to warn Gabby Petito away from boyfriend
Sep. 22, 2021 - 7:03 - Lt. Randy Sutton and Kyle Dunphey weigh in on the 'toxic' relationship on 'Fox News @ Night'

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6273663649001#sp=show-clips

Again, very sorry this young woman is dead but the coverage is long past silly. See the article I referenced above to see how women of color - or women of any color who live on the margins of society- are treated when they go missing. If you don't want to bother reading it, there was one woman who was found dead and  naked but for her jewelry and the police ruled that she died from being struck by lightning. Decades later serial killer Samuel Little confessed to the crime, among dozens of others. He said he NEVER went after some pretty teen girl in a white neighborhood because she would be missed and the police would take the disappearance seriously. Being a man of color himself,  he used how society feels about victims of different races to go unapprehended or even unsuspected for decades.  However, he was in and out of jail for various other crimes. 

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, LsDoorMat said:

From a Washington Post article in November 2020 called "The Perfect Victim". 

"In 1974, Martha Cunningham, a 34-year-old Black woman, disappeared in Knoxville, Tenn., on her way to a New Year’s Eve church service, according to her sister, Jessie Lane Downs. When they found her body, police told local reporters, it was covered in bruises; an autopsy noted that her purse and jewelry were missing, that her stockings and underwear had been pulled down to her thighs, and that her dress and slip had been pulled up.

Still, the autopsy found “no obvious cause of death.” Noting Cunningham’s history of seizures, local authorities told the Knoxville News-Sentinel that the death appeared to be from natural causes.

In 1977, Mary Ann Jenkins, a 22-year-old Black woman, was found naked but for her jewelry; officials in Illinois incorrectly concluded that she had been killed in a lightning strike."

The article is about Samuel Little, serial killer. More from the article:

 

"Though Brosley was White, at least 68 of Little’s victims were Black, according to officials, news reports and Little’s confessions. At least three were Hispanic and one was Native American. Several had mental disabilities. At least one was a transgender woman.

During an interview with investigators in Ohio, obtained by The Post, Little disturbingly referred to his victims as succulent fruits he could enjoy without penalty.

“I’d go back to the same city sometimes and pluck me another grape. How many grapes do you all got on the vine here?” he said. He boasted of avoiding “people who would be immediately missed.” For example, he said, “I’m not going to go over there into the White neighborhood and pick out a little teenage girl.”

The whole article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/national/samuel-little-serial-killer/part-one/

Thanks for the Post article   the  ' killed by lightning verdict' is quite incredible

Link to comment
Share on other sites

True story, since Jake just refuses to let this story go. He's like a dog with a bone.

In 1995 my cousin disappeared. She had a job. She had an apartment. But she was  overweight and 42 and a loner. Never married no children. And white. Yet nobody seemed to care. Her brother, a Dallas cop, even tried to get the Austin cops interested. They could not be bothered.  Now sometimes this is because, in the absence of any evidence of violence, police figure that the missing person wants to be missing, and there is no law against this in the USA. So she was missing for 12 years. One day she just shows up when the cousins are celebrating Thanksgiving like nothing happened. She said she just wanted to be alone. For twelve years. I have no idea how she supported herself during those years, but I am glad no harm came to her. She is somewhat mentally off when it comes to social cues, probably because her dad, my uncle, was nuts. And no I am not related to uncle. He married my mom's sister. So you can't blame my weirdness on THAT. 

I think I may have posted about this before but thought she was still missing. I have since learned that was not the case. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, LsDoorMat said:

True story, since Jake just refuses to let this story go. He's like a dog with a bone.

In 1995 my cousin disappeared. She had a job. She had an apartment. But she was  overweight and 42 and a loner. Never married no children. And white. Yet nobody seemed to care. Her brother, a Dallas cop, even tried to get the Austin cops interested. They could not be bothered.  Now sometimes this is because, in the absence of any evidence of violence, police figure that the missing person wants to be missing, and there is no law against this in the USA. So she was missing for 12 years. One day she just shows up when the cousins are celebrating Thanksgiving like nothing happened. She said she just wanted to be alone. For twelve years. I have no idea how she supported herself during those years, but I am glad no harm came to her. She is somewhat mentally off when it comes to social cues, probably because her dad, my uncle, was nuts. And no I am not related to uncle. He married my mom's sister. So you can't blame my weirdness on THAT. 

I think I may have posted about this before but thought she was still missing. I have since learned that was not the case. 

 

I've heard a couple of stories on TV about people simply getting up and leaving without leaving a word or a clue.  Like your cousin wanted to get away from it ALL!  One made it appeared to be a kidnapping. -_-

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Cinemartian said:

If you cannot figure out why then you should either ASK!? not make a snarky comment or keep quiet and move along  -

Thought I was asking.  So who don't get what?  ;) 

So, I'll ask more succinctly....

What does a YouTube clip with a largely unitelligible  ramble about unvaccinated people have to do with a thread about Gabby Petito's murder and missing boyfriend?  

Sepiatone

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Thought I was asking.  So who don't get what?  ;) 

So, I'll ask more succinctly....

What does a YouTube clip with a largely unitelligible  ramble about unvaccinated people have to do with a thread about Gabby Petito's murder and missing boyfriend?  

Sepiatone

okay, sorry if I misinterpreted. Well - if you aren't aware this story has a tremendous amounts of flaws and has since day one. In my humblest opinion this is a headline news tabloidesque story which has been exploited by the media in order to distract the public from Mandated Vaccines and the Idiot in Chief's foibles. Similar to the RV story last year. Given, I thought it poignant to inject my own distraction that pertains to actual current events wonderfully and succinctly presented by this Comedian in the video.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

© 2022 Turner Classic Movies Inc. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...