Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Biden approval drops to lowest of presidency

MovieMadness

Biden approval drops to lowest of presidency

Public approval of U.S. President Joe Biden has dropped to the lowest level of his presidency, with Americans appearing to be increasingly critical of his response to the coronavirus pandemic, according to the latest Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll.

The national poll, conducted Sept. 15-16, found that 44% of U.S. adults approved of Biden’s performance in office, while 50% disapproved and the rest were not sure.

Biden’s popularity has been declining since mid-August as the U.S.-backed Afghan government collapsed and as COVID-19-related deaths surged across the country.

While most Americans support the kind of vaccine and mask requirements that Biden has ordered recently to slow the spread of the Delta variant, some Republicans have criticized what they consider to be an overreaction by the White House.

The weekly poll showed the number of Americans who approved of Biden’s response to the pandemic dropped below 50% for the first time: About 48% approved of the president’s COVID-19 policies, while 46% disapproved.

After our worst military debacle since Vietnam and 80 million people not getting vaccinated, no wonder his polls have dropped so low.

• Haha 1

Trump's highest approval rating was 47% in Oct. 2018 and his lowest was 38% in Oct. 2017.   His median approval rating was 44%, lowest of any president.  All presidents since ratings began have far exceeded Trump's.

80 million people have not gotten vaccinated because Trump essentially told them it was not necessary and did not really encourage it.  Made a couple of lame-all endorsements of it, but then backed away from actual encouragement.  80 million people have not gotten vaccinated because Republican legislatures and governors are opposed to encouraging it in more than a half-hearted manner.

As far as Afghanistan being a "military debacle," Trump started it.  Or did you mean the debacle began with George W. Bush?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

But it's the border that's going to end him. Of the three legged stool upon which his presidency now teeters, the border is the weakest and getting weaker by the day. Covid and Afghanistan are bad, but probably not going to get too much worse. 

He has one more year with a friendly congress. And the Dems know it. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LuckyDan said:

Biden is not a persuasive speaker. That's why his numbers suck on Covid. Pleading and begging, "C'mon guys, get vaccinated. Don't make me have to force ya," is not persuasive.  It's not leadership either. It's just rank. 

Let's face it.  He has a hopelessly impossible job trying to convince those lame brains that masks and vaccines are for their own protection.  I don't think anything will work.  About 74 million Americans are brain dead through and through.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

Let's face it.  He has a hopelessly impossible job trying to convince those lame brains that masks and vaccines are for their own protection.  I don't think anything will work.  About 74 million Americans are brain dead through and through.

FAKE PANDEMIC - Liars should choke on germ ridden saliva

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

couldn't have said it better 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cinemartian said:

FAKE PANDEMIC - Liars should choke on germ ridden saliva

I REST MY CASE.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

I REST MY CASE....and the lot of us are cummin to getcha...BOO!

:lol:

• Thanks 1