Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

KANE

CHARLES PITTMAN

I’m a little curious. In “CITIZEN   KANE”  everyone is trying to find the meaning of KANES last words. But how do they know   what his last words were? He seems to have been alone. His nurse came in after he had  died and the whispered   words “rosebud” wouldn’t possible have been heard through the obviously thick walls of his mansion.

CHARLES A PITTMAN

[...]

Edited by TCMModerator1
Removed Personal Info

Sure.  A lot of folks have asked that over the years.  My guess is we're supposed to assume the nurse heard him gasp that as he died.   But then too, like I always try to press....  You gotta remember.

We're discussing MOVIES here,  most of which rarely engage in reality and mostly relies on an audiences ability to suspend their disbelief.

Oh, and WELCOME to these boards.  :) 

Sepiatone

2 hours ago, CHARLES PITTMAN said:

I’m a little curious. In “CITIZEN   KANE”  everyone is trying to find the meaning of KANES last words. But how do they know   what his last words were? He seems to have been alone. His nurse came in after he had  died and the whispered   words “rosebud” wouldn’t possible have been heard through the obviously thick walls of his mansion.

CHARLES A PITTMAN

[...]

This question was posed on another forum and somebody replied that the butler says he was in the room and heard it. I don't remember it well enough to confirm and I can't find a clip, but that's probably correct. That would be a very distracting plot hole. 

1 hour ago, LuckyDan said:

This question was posed on another forum and somebody replied that the butler says he was in the room and heard it. I don't remember it well enough to confirm and I can't find a clip, but that's probably correct. That would be a very distracting plot hole. 

It comes almost at the very end of the film, when the reporter is at Xanadu and has a brief interview with the butler.  It's just before the "warehouse" scene, with the crates and crates of stuff piling up in the mansion.

Just now, txfilmfan said:

It comes almost at the very end of the film, when the reporter is at Xanadu and has a brief interview with the butler.  It's just before the "warehouse" scene, with the crates and crates of stuff piling up in the mansion.

Isn't at the beginning, too? with the reporters? That's where I was looking for it. I'd think they'd want to clear that up right away.