Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sci fi film name

rjbartrop

I'm trying to find the title of a film from the late '60s.  It was set in the future, and the plot involved trying to get information out of a comatose (or amnesiac?) agent about a Chinese plot.  Somethings I remember are that the scenes where the flashbacks of his memory were animated,  and the plot invloved the Chinese tunneling udner the United States.  I also remember that the climax involved the repeated mind probes creates an Id monster that ended up killing an enemy agent..

Does that ring a bell with anyone?

51 minutes ago, rjbartrop said:

I'm trying to find the title of a film from the late '60s.  It was set in the future, and the plot involved trying to get information out of a comatose (or amnesiac?) agent about a Chinese plot.  Somethings I remember are that the scenes where the flashbacks of his memory were animated,  and the plot invloved the Chinese tunneling udner the United States.  I also remember that the climax involved the repeated mind probes creates an Id monster that ended up killing an enemy agent..

Does that ring a bell with anyone?

I'm not familiar, but a quick search uncovered this title.  Maybe this is it...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061387/

Battle Beneath the Earth (1967)

Apparently an independent production made at the MGM studios in the UK.

And the IMDb trivia section states it was shown on TCM in January 2021!  I double-checked against MovieCollectorOH's list, which says it's been shown one time in February 2021.

37 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

I'm not familiar, but a quick search uncovered this title.  Maybe this is it...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061387/

Battle Beneath the Earth (1967)

Apparently an independent production made at the MGM studios in the UK.

And the IMDb trivia section states it was shown on TCM in January 2021!  I double-checked against MovieCollectorOH's list, which says it's been shown one time in February 2021.

Thanks, but definitely not it. As I recall, cotumes and sets were 60's style futuristic, though distinctly low budget.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings