Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I noticed there's a lot of politically charged threads on here (no problem with that) so I thought I'd create a space for people to wind down and discuss how they're doing/ what's been on their mind. Use this as a happy space to post your favorite cat videos or talk about how you're feeling, anything to give your mind a break from the crazy thing that is reality. Grab a cup of tea or coffee and chill, all are welcome 🙂

Some relaxation:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

What I've been doing is re-starting my weekly or bi-weekly jam sessions.      I really missed these.     While I didn't play with other musicians (since March of 2020),  I did practice a lot and work on things I had put off for years.    We also shared what tunes  we were working on.      So even though we hadn't  played together for over 15 months we were more connected,  musically than we were before;    This is important to me because I get so much joy connecting musically with others.   

• Like 1
5 hours ago, SweetSue said:

I noticed there's a lot of politically charged threads on here (no problem with that) so I thought I'd create a space for people to wind down and discuss how they're doing/ what's been on their mind. Use this as a happy space to post your favorite cat videos or talk about how you're feeling, anything to give your mind a break from the crazy thing that is reality. Grab a cup of tea or coffee and chill, all are welcome 🙂

Some relaxation:

As This Wonderful Topic, Ice Breaker Already Has Three "Likes" (at present) to Your Name. I'll Hold Steady With Those And Raise You a Hearty and Grateful "Thank You".

At Present Am Awaiting A (Highly) Anticipated B&N Book i Special Ordered Some Days Prior now. A Hysterically Funny, Amnesia Imbued and Winky Fictional Nod to Crime Noir Thrillers that i've almost had on near constant loan from my local Library; An Exaggerated Murder. (Josh Cook)

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Aritosthenes said:

LoveIt..

Thank You!.

As Your Wonderful Topic, Ice Breaker Already Has Three "Likes" (at present) to Your Name. I'll Hold Steady With Those And Raise You a Hearty and Grateful "Thank You".

At Present Am Awaiting A (Highly) Anticipated B&N Book i Special Ordered Some Days Prior now. A Hysterically Funny, Amnesia Imbued and Winky Fictional Nod to Crime Noir Thrillers that i've almost had on near constant loan from my local Library; An Exaggerated Murder. (Josh Cook)

Right back at you, my friend! Welcome to the chill club. 😃

That sounds wonderful, it's always exciting awaiting something that's worth being excited about! I've been searching for reading recommendations so thank you!

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, SweetSue said:

That sounds wonderful, it's always exciting awaiting something that's worth being excited about! I've been searching for reading recommendations so thank you!

If Your (Ever) In the Mood For Even More Book Read Reccomendations.. (Just) Drop Me a Line.

What Type Ah Genres Do You Like ?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Aritosthenes said:

If Your (Ever) In the Mood For Even More Book Read Reccomendations.. (Just) Drop Me a Line.

What Type Ah Genres Do You Like ?

I appreciate that!

I've really only found a handful of books that hold my attention to the end, usually I enjoy historical fiction or psychological fiction and the like. :)

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, SweetSue said:

This should lift your spirits.,

• Like 2
2 hours ago, hamradio said:

This should lift your spirits.,

I'll admit, I was slow to get the pun, but now that you mention it elevator music is very uplifting 😉😂

2 hours ago, SweetSue said:

I appreciate that!

I've really only found a handful of books that hold my attention to the end, usually I enjoy historical fiction or psychological fiction and the like. :)

Hopefully Not A Bother, Namely Here Are Several Recommendations to the Tune of Historical Fiction. Though Must Be Said and Admitted; Much Like the Vagaries of "Classic".. ...Some of These Might Stretch Your (Any One's) Aforementioned Working Definitional Bounds of Historical Fiction however

-  The Scarlet Pimpernel. (Baroness Orxzy

- The Keys of the Kingdom. (Dont remember Author.. Apologies).

- The Shoes of the Fisherman.

- (Pretty Much Anything Of) Alistair MaClean.

- the Robe. (no memory unfortunately of This Authors Name At Present Either) 

- While She Might Wax Cheesy at times, Perhaps Taylor Caldwell

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Aritosthenes said:

Hopefully Not A Bother, Namely Here Are Several Recommendations to the Tune of Historical Fiction. Though Must Be Said and Admitted; Much Like the Vagaries of "Classic".. ...Some of These Might Stretch Your (Any One's) Aforementioned Working Definitional Bounds of Historical Fiction however

-  The Scarlet Pimpernel. (Baroness Orxzy

- The Keys of the Kingdom. (Dont remember Author.. Apologies).

- The Shoes of the Fisherman.

- (Pretty Much Anything Of) Alistair MaClean.

- the Robe. (no memory unfortunately of This Authors Name At Present Either) 

- While She Might Wax Cheesy at times, Perhaps Taylor Caldwell

Not a bother at all! Thank you kindly, Aritosthenes, I will definitely be looking into these!😃

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SweetSue said:

Take a dreamy trip

(Portions of) Such Visuals as these that accompany each Respective "Pieces" of music.. Somewhat Reminds me of Norman Rockwell in color, hue, and "use"/implementation of shadows. Along with a diner/restaurant themed work of art called NightHawks. (Artst. Edward Hopper.)

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Aritosthenes said:

(Portions of) Such Visuals as these that accompany each Respective "Pieces" of music.. Somewhat Reminds me of Norman Rockwell in color, hue, and "use"/implementation of shadows. Along with a diner/restaurant themed work of art called NightHawks. (Artst. Edward Hopper.)

Totally agree. Nighthawks is one of my favorite paintings, I've done a couple of analyses of it for my art classes, it is a joy to look at.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, SweetSue said:

Totally agree. Nighthawks is one of my favorite paintings, I've done a couple of analyses of it for my art classes, it is a joy to look at.

I Like Art.

Probably blatantly (and painfully) obvious to many, given the often augmented and stilted way in which i text and compose stuff. 😂🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

lol.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, SweetSue said:

I Studied Art in School, myself.

🎨🕌🕍🏰🕋🏛🗿

For me the Older the "Better"..

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Aritosthenes said:

I Like Art.

Probably blatantly (and painfully) obvious to many, given the often augmented and stilted way in which i text and compose stuff. 😂🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

lol.

Same here, except many can just usually tell by how I present myself lol I make it obvious that I love old stuff and creativity by how I dress.😂💁‍♀️

The way you compose stuff is actually favorable, I've seen people type out paragraphs to get a point across ...like how about cutting that down or using pictures or something I can better understand😂

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, Aritosthenes said:

I Studied Art in School, myself.

🎨🕌🕍🏰🕋🏛🗿

For me the Older the "Better"..

Absolutely, I personally favor Pop art, Art Nouveau, and Surrealist photography the most, but I do love me some good ol' Rococo architecture and Renaissance paintings lol

• Like 1
7 hours ago, SweetSue said:

Same here, except many can just usually tell by how I present myself lol I make it obvious that I love old stuff and creativity by how I dress.😂💁‍♀️

The way you compose stuff is actually favorable, I've seen people type out paragraphs to get a point across ...like how about cutting that down or using pictures or something I can better understand😂

🎩🍻🥂.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, SweetSue said:

Absolutely, I personally favor Pop art, Art Nouveau, and Surrealist photography the most, but I do love me some good ol' Rococo architecture and Renaissance paintings lol

Im Particularly Fond of, well.. . ... Quite A Few Artists.. (Including) Rembrandt. Vermeer. Da Vinci. Frans Hals; Jaques-Louie David. Eugene Delecroix. Ingres. Along with A. Some Other (circa) 17cent Artists, the Names of which.. i have no Clue how to spell off-hand at present and would probably butcher and mangle their names even worse. .. (😐😬😬🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️ lol) And b. Quite the Spread of Landscape Painters (such as Hudson River School et al.)

Conversely; i am NOT that much fond of Warhol. Or Dali. (😝 lol) *Which, is Also Kinda (Hysterically) ironic as, many times; i type, as (the the way in which) they create their respective works of art. (😬 lol)

• Like 1