Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm at work right now, so I am unable to see the videos that are being posted, but I am sure they are quite lovely.  🙂

I finally finished building my hamster a playpen.  I'll try to see if I can upload some videos of her in it later on.  She's pretty funny.   🙂 

I'm glad you started up this "chill space".  Boy I sure do need it after the week I'm having.  My co-worker believes she is on time to work when she enters the lobby by midnight.  However, she doesn't get to her post to relieve me until long after midnight.  I've spoken with her and to our supervisors on it.  She doesn't get it.  It's very frustrating. 

Tonight when I get home, I'm going to pour a BIG glass of wine and pop in an old movie.  Hmm, got any recommendations for a good autumn-y movie?  🙂 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Lizbeth4 said:

I'm at work right now, so I am unable to see the videos that are being posted, but I am sure they are quite lovely.  🙂

I finally finished building my hamster a playpen.  I'll try to see if I can upload some videos of her in it later on.  She's pretty funny.   🙂 

I'm glad you started up this "chill space".  Boy I sure do need it after the week I'm having.  My co-worker believes she is on time to work when she enters the lobby by midnight.  However, she doesn't get to her post to relieve me until long after midnight.  I've spoken with her and to our supervisors on it.  She doesn't get it.  It's very frustrating. 

Tonight when I get home, I'm going to pour a BIG glass of wine and pop in an old movie.  Hmm, got any recommendations for a good autumn-y movie?  🙂 

Oh my goodness I would love to see your adorable hamster! I sure hope work gets better soon, sending all good vibes your way! As for a movie, the best film with fall vibes (in my opinion) would be The Trouble With Harry. 😂Hope you have a relaxing evening!😃

• Like 3

While  Having NOTHING to Do With the Likes of Kitties, Music, ..Art, Hamsters (lol). Or Harry's Troubles (Lol).

This was a LOVELY (imo) "Piece" of Goode News Footage i Stumbled Upon a few hours prior..

With that (being) said though. If this has no business here. (Or likewise, if You Wonder WHY, theHECK am i posting such a Thing HERE..)    Let me know and i'll do what i can to dismantle it.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/officer-pulls-colleague-careening-vehicles-002222540.html

https://www.facebook.com/GateCityPD/videos/press-release-on-october-03-2021-at-approximately-500-pm-officer-jessica-mcgraw-/391412575721242/

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Movie Collector OH said:

Nice thread, this is more what this section used to look like in the past.  Adding this to my bookmarks.  ;)

Welcome! Grab a warm drink of your choice, get cozy and enjoy the chill atmosphere! 😁

• Like 1

Here is something that may be of interest.  It is maybe considered a bit of "woo" for the uninitiated (I enjoy a little bit of "woo" here and there).  But truly nice.

;tldr; This is a bit detuned from the standard musical scale, a bit lower as I understand, only by semitones, to better match the actual musical notes as the human ear can hear them.

FWIW I looked at this through a software spectrum analyzer and saw very little 528 Hz.  Though it may be present otherwise in harmonics and in the scale as played.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tykes Best Friend.. 😌🐶😌🐕

*who also Smells, Like: Dogg,-Breath.😐😝

I Dunno.. i Think Dog Breath Te🎼mpo here is Either Sousa's Stars & Stripes Forever,  or a caffeinated mariachis band.. 😐

Or Maybe Sabre Dance..🤔

• Haha 1

As one who used to breed cats and had cats in the house for years, I gotta say that nailed cat "ownership"  precise!

And I put "ownership" in quotes because as cat lovers know..... Cats don't have owners....They have STAFF!  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, Aritosthenes said:

Just going by the dog's deportment, and the physical nature of the breed, I'd have to say the dog was likely placed in those places by the owners as a gag.

But show me a clip of the dog getting stuck in a tree, or using a litter box and I might be convinced.  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Just going by the dog's deportment, and the physical nature of the breed, I'd have to say the dog was likely placed in those places by the owners as a gag.

But show me a clip of the dog getting stuck in a tree, or using a litter box and I might be convinced.  ;) 

Sepiatone

True(!).

Maybe ..

Here's a video done in a happy little restaurant, somewhere outside of the madness.  This is Benny Anderson's Orchestra, up close and personal.  He was the musical composer behind most of the ABBA music (Bjorn was most often the lyricist).  There are slight variations over time in personnel of BAO, but this is essentially the "long term" group that has accompanied Benny over at least 20 years that I have confirmed.  (Bjorn is still writing music with Benny, but no longer performing in the spotlight.)  These are the people who are mostly in for the "marathon" with Benny.  Not just the "100 yard sprint", but the MARATHON.  In other words not just "good friends", but "long term friends" or perhaps "life long friends" - always nice to see any example these days.  It warms my heart.

Missing here is Tommy Kolberg, all the way from the musical "Chess" - as "the Russian", from shortly after ABBA disbanded as a group.  You can see their usual configuration and see him headlining here   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dnVzD9nKcw   (one song)
or both here     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn-u3RN_Ipg (entire concert - very nice chance to hear some more B&B tunes you wouldn't hear anywhere else)

But since this is this thread, I will stick to the Chill Time theme.  Seen here is their other lead singer, Helen.  She is the female singer of the group.  An excellent singer in her own right.  Comparable to any of our best.  She sings a couple B&B songs (post ABBA) here, the last towards the end, "Our Last Dance" (just before the credits) is quite a good B&B tune.  Most of this is traditional music though as they are just having fun.  Some of the B&B songs though sound like traditional music too, so it can be hard to differentiate...

Everything is in Swedish, though the language of music comes through clear, and that is my only intent for posting here.  Also is more about seeing their camaraderie and mutual respect for each other than anything else.

This wonderful video is by Benny Andersson's wife Mona, who is producer in her own right. (you can see her walking past at 3:38 in this video)

Hope they are all doing well right now and will make more music in years to come.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Sepiatone

Actually, a niece of mine once trained a dog of hers to use a litter box.  But it was a tiny Maltese.  Not a pit bull.  And, as memory serves noticeably smaller than that dog in Ari's link.

Sepiatone

19 hours ago, _Broadway_ said:

SweetSue, I love those "oldies playing in another room" videos. So calming!

I really enjoy ambient soundscapes, too. These two channels have some great ones:

The rain with fireplace ones are the best, sooo relaxing.😌

I don't drink coffee, but I really like the sound of coffee brewing. It's so relaxing!

On 10/15/2021 at 11:03 AM, SweetSue said:

How do people dislike cats though, I'll never understand it🤔

Yeah, I can't understand that either. Maybe the people who dislike them are allergic? 

To me, cats are the best little critters! They are always so perfectly present in every moment and they treat everything with a sense of wonderment (well, most everything, anyway!) . We could all learn a thing or two from cats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1