Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The last 2 years programming has gone downhill..I love Eddie's stuff and Ben is always trying God help him, but CHANGING THE SET IS NOT THIS ISSUE! you guys are playing WEIRD STUFF FROM THE 60'S AND 70'S ...couldn't get to content part to type.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, at least you are in competition for longest thread title. 

But, if you will cast your eye back over the history of threads, you will see people have recorded the same lament for going on twenty years now. If TCM has been in a continual slide all that time, it must have started at Empyrean heights indeed not to have hit bottom by now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In celebration of the Heading of this thread may I suggest TCM air these 2 movies?

I COULD NEVER HAVE SEX WITH ANY MAN WHO HAS SO LITTLE REGARD FOR MY HUSBAND (1973)  Color/86m.  Rated [R].

and then . . .

YOU'VE GOT TO WALK IT LIKE YOU TALK IT OR YOU'LL LOSE THAT BEAT (1971)  [Only problem:  Both of these movies seem to have the current status of 'Lost Films'.  Sheesh!].

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Mr. Gorman said:

In celebration of the Heading of this thread may I suggest TCM air these 2 movies?

I COULD NEVER HAVE SEX WITH ANY MAN WHO HAS SO LITTLE REGARD FOR MY HUSBAND (1973)  Color/86m.  Rated [R].

and then . . .

YOU'VE GOT TO WALK IT LIKE YOU TALK IT OR YOU'LL LOSE THAT BEAT (1971)  [Only problem:  Both of these movies seem to have the current status of 'Lost Films'.  Sheesh!].

There's also OH DAD, POOR DAD, MAMMA'S HUNG YOU IN THE CLOSET AND I'M FEELIN' SO SAD.  The play it's based on has an even longer title:  

OH DAD, POOR DAD, MAMMA'S HUNG YOU IN THE CLOSET AND I'M FEELIN' SO SAD: A PSEUDOCLASSICAL TRAGIFARCE IN A BASTARD FRENCH TRADITION

• Like 3

Might I suggest  "Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Hellbound, Flesh-Eating Subhumanoid Zombified Living Dead, Part 3" (2005) - a true 21st century classic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And let us not forget Can Heironymus Merkin Ever Forget Mercy Humppe and Find True Happiness? and The Persecution and Assassination of Jean-Paul Marat as Performed by the Inmates of the Asylum of Charenton Under the Direction of the Marquis de Sade.

• Like 5

I made a grievous error one time:  I tried to watch a copy of Heironymous Merkin once.  ONCE.  A ~bad~ mistake.  I could not get past an hour of this tripe.  I found it to be an incomprehensible mish-mash that wastes an enormous amount of talent.  Someone, many moons ago, had given me a tape of this flick.  Not like a legal VHS release from a studio; just a copy of the movie on the tape.  I thought:  How bad could it be?  My verdict:  DIRE.

I should have remembered the '66 movie OH DAD, POOR DAD with its long title . . . heck, I bought a Paramount tape of it over 20 years ago.  But I forgot about it until I read Dargo's post.  Shame On Me.  Grr!  

• Like 2
5 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

Why bother having a thread with a title that says it all?

Based on the end of the title and reading between the lines, Meg apparently was having technical difficulties posting content in the actual thread text box when the topic was created, for some reason, but felt so strongly about it, Meg put it all in the title

On 10/20/2021 at 5:07 PM, slaytonf said:

Well, at least you are in competition for longest thread title. 

But, if you will cast your eye back over the history of threads, you will see people have recorded the same lament for going on twenty years now. If TCM has been in a continual slide all that time, it must have started at Empyrean heights indeed not to have hit bottom by now. 

Gotta admit it MIGHT even be longer than that one I started a while back that began that whole "Don Ameche/George Brent Controversy"!

(...btw, I STILL say that it was supposed to be Brent in that cartoon)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This was the OP's third post and I'm conjecturing that she may not have known what she was doing. Maybe she though that was the way to do it. Anyway I think it's funny. Not ridiculing, it was amusing.