Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Daisy Duke's Wardrobe Malfunction and Those Other You Tube Teaser Video Titles

TomJH

Naturally I was greatly concerned when I saw the title of one of the video titles on You Tube, The Dukes of Hazzard Wardrobe Malfunction With Daisy Dukes. I mean, who wouldn't be? Imagine the eternal embarrassment (pant, pant) that Catherine Bach must have felt when something went wrong as she wore those shorty shorts while making the show? And what if there was photographic evidence of same, I dearly hoped, as I clicked on this video, to further enhance and immortalize the blushing experience that this actress may have had on, hopefully, a number of occasions? Those pixs may actually be on this video, I prayed to God, helping us to agonize with the lady's blushing embarrassment at the time. Yes, I had to see this video and I had to see it NOW (!!!) to know in excruciating detail, I hoped, with (please, PLEASE!), PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE (!) of the bloop moment times of the actress when something went wrong with her denim shorts.'

Now I should tell you that I never watched The Dukes of Hazzard during its seven seasons run but I did know of Catherine Bach and her shorts. Well imagine my irritation when I sat through this YT video and while waiting for news of the wardrobe disaster was first forced to endure drivel about the show's popularity and its two male actors and how they first met in a washroom (yeh, but what about Daisy's shorts?) and about the General Lee. Finally (FINALLY!) at about the 6 minute mark of the 8 and a half minute video the narrator talks about Daisy's shorts. Yes, Yes, YES!

Only to tell me, much to my disappointment, that the network was concerned about wardrobe malfunctions so forced the actress to wear skin toned pantyhose to avoid serious accidents and her shorts were later put on display in the Smithsonian Institute. That's it? That's the "wardrobe malfunction" you warned us about in the video title? No story to tell? What's worse, NO PHOTOS OF NO STORY TO TELL?

Curses! Foiled again by yet another click bait title on one of those darned You Tube videos! And there are plenty of them, with titles like The Tragic Life and Death Of . . . (fill in the blank) only to hear ten minutes about an actor or actress with a productive life with the usual ups and downs who eventually died at age 92. Yeh, so where's the tragedy? He died? Is that it? Hey, that death stuff happens to everybody sooner or later. This person had, from what I could hear, a pretty good life. No tragedy there. Obviously "tragedy", like "malfunctioned wardrobe" is yet more click bait to get us to watch the videos.

And there are plenty of other teaser video titles, too, with names like HOW SEAN CONNERY GOT TRICKED INTO SOMETHING DISGUSTING ON THE SET OF THE MAN WHO WOULD BE KING (haven't watched it yet) or HOW JOHN WAYNE HAD TOO MUCH TO DRINK WHILE MAKING DONOVAN'S REEF AND OFFENDED SOME CATHOLIC PRIESTS (no, I didn't make that title up). Many of these videos, maybe even most of them, have cheat teaser titles that don't amount to anything in the video but they succeed in making us rubes click on them anyway,

Well, I've gotten smart about these video titles and don't click on most of them anymore.

Still, once in a while I do get burned, such as my natural concern for any embarrassment Catherine Bach's Daisy Duke may have felt only to find out that there was none. And, worse still, there was no PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE of that non wardrobe embarrassment event, as well! ARAAG!

CATHERINE BACH DAISY DUKE POSTER 24 X 36 Inches Looks beautiful dukes of  hazzard | eBay
Anyone else find these You Tube videos annoying or am I the only poor sucker around here to be lured in by them?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I get sucked into the health advice videos which never actually give the advice that is in the title, but I watch to the very end, only to be given a link to further my search for the advice. I...always...fall...for...it. ūüôĄ

I can understand your concern and trepidations, my "hippy chick" wife (below) used to wear (without panties i.e., now called "going commando") the identical Daisy Duke cut offs in question .

O6Zl2vq.jpg

The only problem was when she was in the position (below) she was pretty much showing "everything she got" there was only a 1/4 inch strip of fabric that left nothing to the imagination. lol (how sweet it was).

FQoqjF8.jpg

26 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

FQoqjF8.jpg

She looks like a lovely girl with a deep, sustained interest in film noir. There she is no doubt digging for a video tape of one of them now. No wonder you were attracted to her, cigar joe. Please post more shorty short pixs to confirm this.

6 minutes ago, TomJH said:

She looks like a lovely girl with a deep, sustained interest in film noir. There she is no doubt digging for a video tape of one of them now. No wonder you were attracted to her, cigar joe. Please post more shorty short pixs to confirm this.

The bumper sticker on the bumper that she's standing over was white with red letters and had a hammer and sickle with "Russia Has Gun Control' lol those were the days, lol.

I have two annoyances  in the same category, and yes I am also bothered by the "Life and Sad Ending of" vids that have no sad ending. Just clickbait.

First, when searching youtube for titles that never have been and never will be on DVD such as "Child of Manhattan", I will see something labeled "Child of Manhattan Full Movie". Sometimes it will be. But most of the time it is just a list of two minute videos and maybe the first is a clip from "Child of Manhattan". 

The second is when I am reading an online newspaper like the Washington Post.  There will be a bunch of these "See what Star X looks like NOW" clickbait ads. And although I have never clicked on one, it is obvious that some computer graphics program has been used to make the person look hideous and almost inhuman. 

Before the internet I could just choose not to read People Magazine. Now its ilk is everywhere. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LsDoorMat said:

The second is when I am reading an online newspaper like the Washington Post.  There will be a bunch of these "See what Star X looks like NOW" clickbait ads. And although I have never clicked on one, it is obvious that some computer graphics program has been used to make the person look hideous and almost inhuman. 

The purpose of a lot of these type of images are truly mean spirited, many of them falling into the "Look How The Once Beautiful Have Now Fallen" category. A lot of this stuff is on You Tube.

• Like 2

It's mean-spirited because that's generally what regular folks like to see.  These guys and gals who were once very good-looking and seen on theater screens and television now look like Hell and, thereby, now look like the rest of us "regular folks" at the same age. 

If someone wants to shoot their looks all to Hell it can be done easily:  Drink a lot, smoke a lot, go out in the Sun a lot and do some drugs for good measure.  

1 minute ago, Mr. Gorman said:

It's mean-spirited because that's generally what regular folks like to see.  These guys and gals who were once very good-looking and seen on theater screens and television now look like Hell and, thereby, now look like the rest of us "regular folks" at the same age. 

Yes, I know, but that's a lousy comment on the rest of us, or many of us, at least, for wanting to see the once beautiful looking more ordinary, just like the rest of us (with the exception of cigar joe's wife, of course, who is still a head turner).

• Like 2

I concur; cigarjoe's "hippy chick" wife is HOT!  :)     

Speaking of 'aging': 

One thing about pothead WILLIE NELSON:  He's looked 70 since 1980 [when he was only 47].  Now he looks 115, but he's still around at age 88 with (((ears))) so big they're the size of a large American city!  (Remember:  Your ears never stop growing -- that's why when people live to be old and their head has shrunk their ears look so darn BIG.  Cos they're still growin'!).

• Like 1

I clicked on a few of those "Sad life and tragic end" videos on YT only when trying to find a clip of said person from some movie.  Yep, not always a tragic end or sad life, but still somewhat informative  about their careers.  I'm not sure about any other "misleading" YT  clips as I don't go into YT until looking for something specific.  

Sepiatone