Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The New Movie and Feature Intro Sequence

charvakan

Sorry if this is late or has been discussed before, but I want to give a thumbs up to the shorter intro sequences that signal a movie coming up.  The former one, with a Rube Goldberg setup that started a movie projector, was annoying.  I suppose it may have looked cute the first time (but not to me).  I'm fine with the same look for the Noir Alley, shorts, and TCM original content features too.  Short and inoffensive, and we're sent right to the content.  Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Boo!  

Bring back some of the older intros!  Okay, maybe keep the new intros for the morning or afternoon time slots, they're alright.  But that "TCM - Open All Night" was CLASSIC!!  Beautiful!  They should have never taken it off.  Even if i didn't have interest in the movie being shown, i would still occasionally tune in and just watch that intro.  Love the movie clips that were shown (i believe some were from the movie: "The Killing" (1956) by Stanley Kubrick) and i loved that sax playing, too.   Kudos to the individuals / group that made it.  It really set the mood for the late night movies being shown.  It was one of the great intros i've seen compared to others shown on any network or the "cable" channels from any time period. 

And in my opinion, the clear marble "Rube Goldberg" type intro was a good one, too.  The computer animation was sharp and very clever.  The music was cute and really fit the intro.  With respect to that one, in my opinion, they should have keep that one (the "Rube Goldberg" type intro) and ran it on Saturday mornings and the afternoon.  Especially if they were showing any type of animation or cartoon.

The can keep the new tcm intros for the day and afternoon time slots, but please bring back the "TCM - Open All Night" late night intro for the late nights! 

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings