Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I loved Annette Funicello. I was 6 years old when we got our first television set in 1954. Some of my first and fondest memories are of the Mickey Mouse Club. She starred in what was probably a 15 minute serial on the show. It was titled Annette and she sang the title song. I could not get enough of this. I loved them all ( Spin and Marty, etc.), but I this was my favorite. She seems to have been a wonderful person. Disney picked a winner when he chose her. And we have lost a genuine "Baby Boomer" icon as far as I am concerned.

I've got the same memories of Annette, Mimi. I think many of us do.The serial Annette and Spin and Marty were always something to look forward to. wish they were in re-run. By all accounts by her closest friends Annette Funicello was a lovely, sweet and courageous woman. RIP Ms. Funicello.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

photo 000jpb_zps2ea6ade7.jpg

JEAN-PAUL BELMONDO is 80 today

photo 000bran_zpsc3e96c00.jpg

BRANDON DE WILDE (1942 - 1972)

photo 000brad_zpsd99957f4.jpg

BRAD DEXTER (1917 - 2002)

photo 000bond_zpsf7cbc964.jpg

WARD BOND (1903 - 1960)

photo 000allenjenkins_zps604b4beb.jpg

ALLEN JENKINS (1900 - 1974)

photo 000PaulRobeson_zps616a88fe.jpg

PAUL ROBESON (1898 - 1976)

photo 000frankie_zps07357450.jpg

FRANKIE THOMAS (1921 - 2006)

with Bonita Granville in the "Nancy Drew" series

>I never really wanted to see a photo of Costello that way.

First: WHO would you rather see that way then?

Second: WHAT makes you say that?

And don't ask me why I'm asking this, 'cause I don't know!

(...THIRD BASE!!!)

;)

Do you know of this child star?

photo 000dougscptt_zps48c3ae40.jpg

DOUGLAS SCOTT

I found a tidbit on the internet that may be interesting.

Douglas Scott was born on May 31, 1925 in Seattle, Washington. He was a child actor whose most notable role was as the young Hindley in 1939's Wuthering Heights starring Merle Oberon and Laurence Olivier.

Other of Scott's top rated movies include: Lloyd's of London, Sweet Rosie O'Grady, Wee Willie Winkie, Intermezzo, Dynamite, Get Hep to Love, Slave Ship, Sarah and Son, Adorable, Strong Boy and in Lloyd's of London, Scott portrayed the young Horatio Nelson.

In the last year of the Mickey McGuire (film series), starring Mickey Rooney, Douglas Scott played the roll of Stinky Davis, appearing in five of the last six films.

While researching Douglas Scott, I was not able to find much information regarding his life after motion pictures except that he did get married and have kids, and eventually moved to Japan, where the family got into some difficulty.

I did come across an article in The Spokesman-Review, dated June 6, 1957 (although brief).

Apparently he, his wife and family barricaded themselves inside their Kamakura, Japan home, fearing for their lives, and subjects of malicious extortion attempts.

More on this one, later, I hope.

Douglas Scott died in 1988 at 63 years old