Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know the photo is labeled as Vincente Minnelli, but it is NOT Vincente Minnelli - it's not his jaw line, not his smile, not his eyes, not his brow, not his nose, not his head - he never had the elfin look like the pictured man does and Minnelli definitely did not have a cleft chin!

Also, Minnelli was not the director at the outset of the filming of The Clock. He replaced Fred Zinnemann after shooting had started.

mongo, if I may - this photo of Liza is the spittin' image of your photo of her dad.

It most certainly is!

The following is one of my absolute favorite photos of Marlon ... on the set of Guys and Dolls looking ever so thrilled to be there ...

brando_guysanddolls.jpg

Edited by: littletramplover on Apr 19, 2010 11:37 PM

Photobucket

Cowboy star Hoot Gibson dating actress June Gale (later to be

Mrs. Oscar Levant)

Photobucket

In 1933, Gibson, an avid pilot, entered the National Air Races. His plane crashed, and he was seriously injured, which kept him hospitalized and off the movie screen for several months.

(Ms. Gale is at his side).

Photobucket

Dorothy Dandridge married Harold Nicholas of the dancing Nicholas Brothers in 1945. The two divorced in 1951.

Also pictured: Hattie McDaniel (center) and Fayed Nicholas (to her left), Dandridge's sister Vivian (far right).

> {quote:title=CineMaven wrote:}{quote}

> My claim to fame among my friends? About twenty years ago, I attended an event in Harlem where I got to dance a two-step with Fayard Nicholas. He was already a very old man.

>

> Ha, I struggled to keep up with him.

Maven - you've been holding out on us. That is such a great memory to add to your guest programmer experience with mongo and the others. They will last your lifetime. As with those attending the Festival and sharing their fun, I am once again living vicariously through you and other TCM fans.

He was a gracious gentleman. After you get things all squared away...I WANT YOU OUTTA THE HOUSE and writing of YOUR cinematic adventures!!!

The Maven has spoken!

Mongo... Heaven knows where Ruby was. I sort of think they were estranged; professional jealousies and "other" kind of jealousies too, from what I've read.

Dorothy Dandridge was stunning looking. Hey wait a minute...you're the Candid Man. Let's

have a nice dreamy color photo of Dandridge in all her glory. Saaaay something from "Is-

land in the Sun" or in spectacular red as "Carmen Jones."

Whaddya say???