Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is this "supporting actors' month?" In four days we've honored some of the best from Percy Helton to William Talman and I'm watching "Cuddles" Sakall in *San Antonio* right now. What would movies and TV be without them?

I think Elaine Devry was in other *Perry Mason* episodes as well as the one mentioned. They also used a lot of aging stars like Fay Wray and Jon Hall as well as future ones like Robert redford and Angie Dickinson. You never know who will turn up and these shows are still good after nearly 50 or 60 years.

You're right, they did use lots of aging stars, and Elaine was in three eps. But Elaine was NOT aging - she was hot! Bette Davis and Walter Pidgeon both subbed for Perry, while Burr was sick. Several members of Welles' Mercury Theater were in the cast, both as regulars, and one-offs.

ValentineXavier wrote: But Elaine was NOT aging - she was hot!

Please see the word I added to my post to address what you wrote. The lady certainly was beautiful. I think it makes my point now. Funny how one word can change a thought. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

photo c71f26a9-2662-4bcb-8a9f-c2828f17dca0_zpsfe945efc.jpg

FABIAN is 71 today

photo 683bb136-8467-48cb-9d6b-c6a3aee663db_zps3c7428d8.jpg

EDNA MAY WONACOTT is 82 today

photo ampampaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa_zps80ea1ecb.jpeg

RIP TORN is 83 today

photo ampampaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa_zps4d792172.jpg

MAMIE VAN DOREN is 83 today

photo ampampaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa_zps03636292.jpg

ZSA ZSA GABOR is 97 today

photo f5170cb6-7e5b-4ffc-9d5d-660c25a924b7_zps38c2f2b6.jpg

JOHN LUND (1911 - 1992)

photo ampampaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa_zps84c50ed5.jpg

RONALD REAGAN (1911 - 2004)

photo ampampaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa_zpsd7e89621.jpg

RAMON NOVARRO (1899 - 1968)

FRANKEEEEE! When I see him it inevitably brings back memories of the time he was playing the RKO in Boston (for $30,000 a week. a small fortune at the time, and not bad even now). At our girls' high school reunion when we were all in our 60's I asked for a show of hands of those who had ditched school to go see him. Almost every hand went up. The nuns were livid when nobody showed up for school that week. We who couldn't afford to go, or didn't have the nerve to ditch, were the ones who caught heck for it. Just recently I bought Barbara Sinatra's book, "Lady Blue Eyes," which is really quite good, about her 22 years with him. They had an amazing lifestyle. I recommend it. A page-turner.

After seeing Liz Taylor in that white blouse from *Cat on a Hot Tin Roof* and now Gloria Talbott as a 50's "sweater girl" I am astounded at how this cone-shaped look was considered "sexy" or "glamorous". They look ridiculous; it bears no relation to how the female bosom is actually shaped. Whatever our size, we are round rather than pointy and more ample that those cones show us to be.

This look must have extended into the 60's as I remember having one as I matured. The cone was a very dense foam rubber that was too thick for the lightweight cotton that covered it. The first time I machine washed it the dryer cooked the cone and it came out almost like plastic. When I folded the bra the cone cracked. I gave up the glamor for the garden variety type. Thankfully, reality finally set in.

That's a bad make-up job too. She was much prettier than that under all the goo.