Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mongo, Ann Sheridan had an interview in 1965 in which, among other things, she briefly discussed making Edge of Darkness and working with Errol Flynn, who she said was great fun to work with and never any trouble for her.

The film was in production at the same time as Flynn's much publicized trial for statutory rape. Sheridan said that Flynn would be in court in the morning and then report that day's proceedings to the Edge of Darkness cast on the Warners set. Sheridan affectionately called Errol "Old Dad Flynn" in the interview.

"I think the thing that hurt him most," she said, "was when she said he raped her with his boots on. And this would be very indelicate and ungentlemanly for Old Dad. And he said, 'My God, old girl, the next thing she'll accuse me of wearing my top hat."

photo 79b2ba31-bbb0-435a-a118-bf8a04fc4aba_zps5cbb7695.jpg

Bela Lugosi (center) is welcomed back to Hollywood by co-actors Basil Rathbone (left) and birthday boy Lon Chaney Jr. (right) to appear in "The Black Sleep". Lugosi, who just prior to returning to Hollywood had recovered from an addiction to narcotics, was given a black, leather-bound script book bearing his long list of screen credits by the producers, cast and crew of the horror film.

Thanks for the Lorne Greene photo. I'd bet that few people know he was a Canadian newsman before discovering acting. What that voice must have sounded like coming over the airlanes! Again, the lighter hair of "Ben Cartwright" worked better for him.

I've never seen Forrest Tucker that young. Love that smile!