Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

photo ampampampampaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa_zps1d30087b.jpg

Shirley Temple and Annette Funicello backstage at the Academy Awards. Funicello accepted a special miniature Oscar given to Hayley Mills for her performance in "Pollyanna". April, 1961

Well, this month has certainly started off with a bang hasen't it?

David Niven is the only one of those "drawing room English gentleman" types I really enjoyed watching on screen because he made the characters more than just cardboard stand-ups by adding a bit of humor or naughtiness when he could. Who didn't love Joan Hackett? And "Opie"? Couldn't have happened to a better person and I hope he's not yet done. (My Mom won't forgive him for *The DiVinci Code* but hey, everybody goofs up at least once.)

photo d7f91b5c-de54-4a72-a18a-3904c884ba78_zps64e7b56d.jpg

Katherine DeMille (accepting for husband Anthony Quinn, supporting actor, "Viva Zapata!"), Cecil B. DeMille (Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Award and best picture, "The Greatest Show on Earth") and Gloria Grahame (supporting actress, "The Bad and the Beautiful") exult. March, 1953

photo 133fe538-a60e-4cc2-8de5-06650b674291_zps9d29def8.jpg

Winners at the Academy Awards: Olivia de Havilland (To Each His Own), Harold Russell (The Best Years of Our Lives), Cathy O?Donnell (who accepted for absentee Fredric March) and Anne Baxter (The Razor?s Edge). March, 1947

Hubba Hubba! What a great picture of Desi Arnaz! I've never seen that one before.

Right now, I'm watching "I Love Lucy" in honor of what would have been Desi Arnaz' 97th birthday.

ampampampampaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Mr. Mongo,

Kim walked out on to the front stage at the Oscars and it's obvious

she's had a little nip and tuck here and there.

Nonetheless, she deserved better acclamation but in these times

rap music gets more.

Thanks for the photos.

Jake

>Kim walked out on to the front stage at the Oscars and it's obvious she's had a little nip and tuck here and there. Nonetheless, she deserved better acclamation but in these times rap music gets more.

Yeah, maybe Kim deserved better acclamation, but certainly NOT the plastic surgeon who did THAT to her face!!!

(...and which as a counterpoint reminds me of the segment CBS Sunday Morning presented on the still lovely Eva Marie Saint the same day as the Oscar ceremony, and which showed the 89 year old Eva with her never to be removed wrinkles, and all the better for it)

And btw Joe, and regarding Paula Prentiss...

Just like I was always envious of Tony Martin being lucky enough to have been married to the gorgeous Cyd Charisse for all those years, I've always been more than a little envious of Richard Benjamin TOO!!! ;)

>Dargo, thanks for mentioning the lovely Eva Marie Saint and her choice to grow old gracefully. She is something else.

Years ago Eva was interviewed on local talk show on the NPR station and she was so breathtakingly down to earth, it was pleasure to hear her...so this growing old gracefully sure fits her. Unfortunately, I don 't remember much but she said that she always saved some little thing, some small prop, from each movie she made. For North by Northwest, I believe it was a scarf.

Nice seeing Joan and John having fun, they sure didn't have much in the movie, they were at each other's throats practically the whole time. As John's character (Boret?) said to her, "We are like a couple wrestlers looking for a hold."