Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

c993e72e-c5c9-4a11-92d7-89b027672fc7_zps

Humphrey Bogart and Mary Astor join the laugh as John Huston inspects a director´s chair sent him by William Wyler on the day Huston started his career as a director on the set of "The Maltese Falcon". His father, Walter Huston, was on hand to wish him good luck

• Like 1

I always loved Zohra and her work and am glad to know she is still with us. Great photo of her as I remember her.  Thanks a bunch.

If I remember rightly, Dinah Washington was married to an NFL player when she died-that's why it was covered so much-so there must have been others after Rafael Compos.  Either he was older than he looks in that picture or Ms. W was a "cougar" before the rest of us knew what that meant.  I do know he was a very fine actor as was most of the Centennial cast.   

I've never heard of Joseph Wiseman getting arrested, though that picture of him sure has a mug shot happiness feel about it. Perhaps he was just doing his method acting thing for his upcoming role in Detective Story.

I've never heard of Joseph Wiseman getting arrested, though that picture of him sure has a mug shot happiness feel about it. Perhaps he was just doing his method acting thing for his upcoming role in Detective Story.

You hit the nail on the head, Tom.

Your picture of James Mason brought to mind Gregory Peck telling an anecdote about him.  He said, "James was not known for telling stories about himself, but once he did say he was in Dublin and was approached by a lady who said, 'Wouldn't you be James Mason in his later years?'"

• Like 1