Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mongo,

Thanks for the Perry Lopez and James Dean photo. We often forget that Lopez did more than just utter: "Forget it, Jake, it's Chinatown."

*it wasn't perry lopez,it was joe mantell, who got to utter another immortal line in "marty': "i dunno, whadda YOU wanna do, marty?'*

Huh? I wasn't trying to turn this into a thread about famous lines (three exist in Hot Topics just for that purpose). I was trying to honor Perry Lopez who played Lt. Lou Escobar in *Chinatown* and uttered the famous line I quoted. Lopez does not appear, to my knowledge, in *Marty*.

yes. lopez played escobar in chinatown, but did not say that famous "forget it jake" line--it was joe mantell; yes, lopez was not in marty, mantell was & said its famous line

Joe,

Have you seen the interstitial running on TCM about the Marx Brothers? I saw it last night before *Bullit* and thought it was very funny what various funny men had to say about not just Groucho, Chico and Harpo but Gummo and Zeppo as well!

Cee,

My apologies. Memory can sometimes be a tricky thing. I got to watch the finale of *Chinatown* and you are correct. Lopez didn't say the line, Mantell did. Thank you for correcting me.

Joe,

Thanks for the McQueen photo! As I understand the story, one of the detectives advising on the movie was Dave Toschi. Toschi had a specialized shoulder holster that McQueen admired. McQueen had one made for his character in *Bullit*.

Toschi was one of the lead detectives on the notorious Zodiac case and was portrayed by Mark Ruffalo in the movie about the case, *Zodiac*.