Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

26e46a33-453c-4eb0-9ba0-40aa3904fe8d_zps

Birthday gal Leslie Caron's affair with Warren Beatty broke up her marriage to Peter Hall. A London court later named Beatty a co-respondent in the divorce and ordered him to pay “the costs of the case.”

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

ampampampampampampampampampampampampa_zp

CAROL OHMART is 87 today

ampampampampampampampampampampampaaaaaaa

SUSAN PETERS  (1921 - 1952)

ampampampampampampampampampampampampaa_z

LOUISE ALLBRITTON  (1920 - 1979)

While filming "Son of Dracula" , she and her costar Robert Paige were constantly playing jokes on their cast mates. One day, costar Pat Moriarty and Robert Paige were filming a scene where they flip open her Allbritton's character's coffin. They were astonished upon opening the lid to find Allbritton inside, completely naked.

ampampampampampampampampampampampaaaaaaa

GEORGE SANDERS  (1906 - 1972)  suicide

Joe, I have to ask here...and please don't take this the wrong way as I'm merely being inquisitive about this and not suggesting any sort of "right/wrong" issue with my inquiry, but...why do you specifically denote "suicides" with these celebs when that was the manner of their death?

A friend of mine spotted Victor Mature in the grocery store at Rancho Santa Fe, where he lived, when he was 69 or 70.  She said he was hot even then.

I never met him, but know his beautiful daughter who bears a striking resemblance to him.  She has wonderful stories about his time in Hollywood.  

I never met him, but know his beautiful daughter who bears a striking resemblance to him.  She has wonderful stories about his time in Hollywood.  

Word is Mature had a wonderful self-deprecating sense of humor.

ampampampampampampampampampampampampaaaa“The newest fur in captivity is white mutton. Fashion’s favorite for spring, this fur is set off to perfect advantage by the blonde smartness of Joan Bennett. Joan chooses navy blue for her frock and hat and introduces a red note for contrast in the printed bodice of the dress and the posy on her pert turban. The coat is cut in swagger lines and is the inspiration of Jaeckel of New York.”
(1936)

Joe, I have to ask here...and please don't take this the wrong way as I'm merely being inquisitive about this and not suggesting any sort of "right/wrong" issue with my inquiry, but...why do you specifically denote "suicides" with these celebs when that was the manner of their death?

It's just a bit of trivia for those who didn't know. Food for thought. I also list when a star dies at 100 which I will do tomorrow for the birthday of Gloria Stuart.

Thanks for the reply, Joe.

(...ya know, for a second I was thinkin' you might've had me on your ignore function 'cause you TOO had become tired of all of my jokin' around, around here!) LOL

;)

any mention here of Paul Mazursky passing away?  He was one of the students in Blackboard Jungle and then directed quite a few films after that.

ampampampampampampampampampampampampaaaa

Paul Mazursky  (1930 - 2014)  Error - this is a pic of Jamie Farr who is very much alive.

Thanks for the reply, Joe.

(...ya know, for a second I was thinkin' you might've had me on your ignore function 'cause you TOO had become tired of all of my jokin' around, around here!) LOL

;)

No way! You are too much fun, Dargo...and smart too.

Excuse me Joe, but that's a picture of Paul's fellow "Blackboard Jungle" cast member Jamie Farr.

I told you that you were smart.

27455605-938c-49f8-97ee-a6867d255252_zps

PAUL MAZURSKY  (1930 - 2014)  R.I.P.

Would her name be Victoria?  I remember when he was on a phone interview with a local radio reporter in San Diego and was talking about her when she was only five.  He said that he was very fortunate in his career, having come in at a time when most big stars were away in military service, which he did also, in the Navy, I believe.  Seemed like a man with his feet on the ground.