Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Would her name be Victoria?  I remember when he was on a phone interview with a local radio reporter in San Diego and was talking about her when she was only five.  He said that he was very fortunate in his career, having come in at a time when most big stars were away in military service, which he did also, in the Navy, I believe.  Seemed like a man with his feet on the ground.

Yes, Victoria.  You often hear how offspring of movie stars can be hellions, or have a sense of entitlement, but I knew her as modest (despite being a gifted opera singer and gorgeous), funny (she often left me in stitches) smart, and extremely nice.  And yes, I think she said her father was in the Coast Guard during the war.  It's fun to see him in movies today and think "That's Victoria's dad!"  :)

BORN ON the 4th. of JULY  ampampampampampampampampampampampampaaa_ampampampampampampampampampampampampaaaa

GINA LOLLOBRIGIDA is 87 today

ampampampampampampampampampampampampaaaa

EVA MARIE SAINT is 90 today

2349d9e4-2021-4752-aa3c-dfa1010c3348_zps

STEPHEN BOYD  (1931 - 1977)

ampampampampampampampampampampampampaaaa

GLORIA STUART  (1910 - 2010)  100 years old

Yes, Victoria.  You often hear how offspring of movie stars can be hellions, or have a sense of entitlement, but I knew her as modest (despite being a gifted opera singer and gorgeous), funny (she often left me in stitches) smart, and extremely nice.  And yes, I think she said her father was in the Coast Guard during the war.  It's fun to see him in movies today and think "That's Victoria's dad!"  :)

I know how that is ... one of my great friends is Suzanne Brent, George's daughter.  I just got a Fourth of July e-card from her this morning.  She's an adorable girl, and her brother Barry looks so much like George, although he's a bit taller.  Thanks for the information about Victoria.  Her dad spoke so lovingly about her in that phone call.

I know how that is ... one of my great friends is Suzanne Brent, George's daughter.  I just got a Fourth of July e-card from her this morning.  She's an adorable girl, and her brother Barry looks so much like George, although he's a bit taller.  Thanks for the information about Victoria.  Her dad spoke so lovingly about her in that phone call.

George Brent is one of my favorites.  How lovely that you're friends with his daughter.  It was really nice to hear about that phone call--I'm sure she was the apple of his eye.  By the way, when I called the house once for her I had a thrill when he answered the phone.  I confess I became a little giddy!

Happy 4th of July to you.

• Like 1

George Brent is one of my favorites.  How lovely that you're friends with his daughter.  It was really nice to hear about that phone call--I'm sure she was the apple of his eye.  By the way, when I called the house once for her I had a thrill when he answered the phone.  I confess I became a little giddy!

Happy 4th of July to you.

Giddy?  I would have passed out cold!

• Like 1

I'm watching Warren Oates in The Blue and the Gray right now.  No real Western fan can't be familiar with his always great work; he was an original.

Shirley Knight is one of those people whose career I watched go from WB TV shows of the 50's and 60's to Oscar-nominated work in film versions of Tennessee Williams plays and more.  I still see her on Law & Order programs and she's not lost her touch.

• Like 1

1f649009-4eb9-438b-ac54-270bd2e1b965_zps

After a long session under the hot lights on the set of "Guys and Dolls", Jean Simmons cools off while explaining to husband Stewart Granger what the next scene will be