Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

James, if you LOOK just beyond the rolls there is a platter of food.

Well thanks for taking the wind out of my joke!  :)      Yea,  I saw that food at the far end of the photo but I just couldn't hold back since the bread and water stood out.   

ampampampampampampampampampampampampaaaa

Humphrey Bogart, Tim Holt and writer-director John Huston between scenes of "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre"

Great behind-the-scenes photo of the Treasure cast, Joe. Bogart disliked the location shooting in Mexico, in contrast to the director, who loved it. It looks like John Huston is busy on the screenplay which, for the most part, is faithful to the novel, including some dialogue that is almost word-for-word right out of B. Traven's book.

One of the smaller alterations to the novel, however, is that when they made the film Huston added a "Fred C." to the name of the character Dobbs.

Great behind-the-scenes photo of the Treasure cast, Joe. Bogart disliked the location shooting in Mexico, in contrast to the director, who loved it. It looks like John Huston is busy on the screenplay which, for the most part, is faithful to the novel, including some dialogue that is almost word-for-word right out of B. Traven's book.

One of the smaller alterations to the novel, however, is that when they made the film Huston added a "Fred C." to the name of the character Dobbs.

Thanks for the information< Tom. "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre" is one of my favorite films. Flawless.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

NICK ADAMS  (1931 - 1968)

JEFF DONNELL  (1921 - 1988)

THOMAS GOMEZ  (1905 - 1971)

JOHN GILBERT  (1897 - 1936)

SLIM SUMMERVILLE  (1892 - 1946)

I can't tell what that design is showing but I can't see anything musical there.

I think I know, James. That's the very same look Yul gave the camera when he was doin' those PSAs just before he very unfortunately died of lung cancer...and thus that same stern look he'd show whenever he heard Spike Jones' "Smoke That Cigarette" playin' on the radio.

(...sorry, but that's the only guess I've got here...and as usual, I could be wrong)

I think I know, James. That's the very same look Yul gave the camera when he was doin' those PSAs just before he very unfortunately died of lung cancer...and thus that same stern look he'd show whenever he heard Spike Jones' "Smoke That Cigarette" playin' on the radio.

(...sorry, but that's the only guess I've got here...and as usual, I could be wrong)

I now see that there is two pictures.   Maybe I'm losing it but I don't recall seeing two picture,  especially one with him holding a guitar.       So I'm assuming the original post was edited (since I used the 'quote' feature and my post only shows one picture).  

I now see that there is two pictures.   Maybe I'm losing it but I don't recall seeing two picture,  especially one with him holding a guitar.       So I'm assuming the original post was edited (since I used the 'quote' feature and my post only shows one picture).  

So, in other words, you're sayin' my guess was wrong, huh?!

(...yeah, I wasn't all that sure about it myself!!!)  ;)

Whoo hoo Keith Andes!  Charlton Heston was a nude model too, or almost nude.  He said his wife made a jockstrap for him out of red velour, and he wore that when he was posing for a life art class.  You had to be in pretty good shape to do that kind of work.  It was arduous, as well.  Try sitting perfectly still for an hour, even when you're not naked.