Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

:( I always liked Keith Andes's work and was shocked that he died by his own hand.  I went to imbd and learned it was at age 85 and due to serious health issues.  This was also the case with Brian Keith and Richard Farnsworth among others.  While I can't condone it, I can understand how one can feel betrayed by his/her own body especially when it was once so vibrant that it was your bread and butter. 

56193f35-95a1-4935-988a-407392c46eb4_zps

While in Mexico filming "Vera Cruz", Gary Cooper presents Burt Lancaster with a consolation prize when the latter lost the Oscar out to William Holden. March, 1954

Great photo.  Somehow I see more Joe Namath than Burt Lancaster!  Must be the broad grin.

:( I always liked Keith Andes's work and was shocked that he died by his own hand.  I went to imbd and learned it was at age 85 and due to serious health issues.  This was also the case with Brian Keith and Richard Farnsworth among others.  While I can't condone it, I can understand how one can feel betrayed by his/her own body especially when it was once so vibrant that it was your bread and butter. 

I feel the same way ... it must be terrible to realize that there's nothing more to be done ... Pedro Armendariz died that way as well as Lupe Velez, Carole Landis, George Sanders, Charles Boyer and so many more.  They just don't have any hope any more.  I say prayers for their good souls, as well as the millions before them who have been in that tragic position.  I'm sure God has a better place waiting for them, even though what they did may have been wrong.  God's mercy is deeper than anything we can imagine.  (This is a little preachy.  Sorry.  But I loved these people for their work.)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

ampampampampampampampampampampampampampa

POLLY BERGEN is 84 today

NANCY OLSON is 86 today

3b78f783-951f-489d-a7fb-84cd53e2530b_zps

DALE ROBERTSON  (1923 - 2013)

PAUL GUILFOYLE  (1902 - 1961)

GEORGE TOBIAS  (1901 - 1980)

DONALD MEEK  (1878 - 1946)

During her recent appearance at the Sedona Film Festival and after having a member of the audience ask her about working on "McLintock!", Stefanie Powers admitted she developed a major crush on Patrick Wayne during that shoot.

(...no word though if that might've been 'cause Stefanie, MY first crush, likes gettin' spanked or not) 

Patrick_Wayne_in_Mclintock.jpg

;)

I always liked George Tobias.  I remember the very shocking thing that happened when he died, and according to the newspaper, the station wagon used to take his body to the funeral parlor from the hospital was stolen when the driver went back inside the hospital for a minute and left the motor running.  It was only stolen for about two blocks, however, and the hospital personnel stood and watched as it came to a screeching halt and two guys jumped out and took off running like the wind.  I often wondered if George would have had a laugh out of that.

Loved the picture of Stanwyck, Cooper and Flynn.  Olivia DeHavilland said once that Flynn was the most beautiful man God ever put on this earth, or words to that effect.  He was perfection physically, for some time.  Inevitably his dissolute ways destroyed that beauty, and it was a crime.  But while he was at his peak he was just sheer pleasure to look at.  His acting was, I thought, very good, too.  Eddie Albert said once that on the set of "The Sun Also Rises" he told Flynn he thought he was an excellent actor, and Flynn teared up.  He wanted to be a good actor and didn't think he was.  All three were such icons in their day.  Lovely to see them together.