Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*CANDIDS* 2

bansi4

I had a feeling you would post a great picture. He was a national treasure. I hope he got some satisfaction from knowing that.

Yes, a genius comedian and a fine dramatic actor, definitely one of a kind. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

b0cf51af-2956-40cd-9b4e-245ee12d9261_zps

NEVILLE BRAND  (1920 - 1992)

ampampampampampampampampampampampampampa

GLORIA DICKSON  (1916 - 1945)

BERT LAHR  (1895 - 1967)

eddba196-bc2b-41f5-a543-1ac1d3a20ed6_zps

BERYL MERCER  (1876 - 1939)

The relatively brief role of Chester, in "D.O.A." played by birthday boy Neville Brand, is a memorable highlight, because we see on display one of the all-time great out-of-control and sadistic psychopaths in cinematic history.

Mongo, now we've lost Ed Nelson, one fine actor and even better human being.  When will it end?  Yes, this is a photo hint.

I'm sure you know that it (death), will never end.   But related to this website ('old' movies and therefore 'old' movie actors),  we should expect more and more since the remaining studio-era stars are all in the 80's or 90's (and some over 100).

If this was a website that followed,  say,   current sport stars, a death would be a big surprise but with studio-era actors death is just the nature of things.    

Mongo:  I thought you should know that Chuck Connors left us about twenty years ago.  The fellow in the photo is Mannix  man Michael "Touch" Connors.  Hopefully, he won't call the Sons of Armenia down on you; I've always admired his devotion to his ethnic roots.